Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 4:08 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian [Spoilers]
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 5:07 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I saw the movie yesterday and I thought it was a good. A bit surprised at the lack of crowds, but I'm guessing since Iron Man was sold out, that's where everyone was.

Anywho, the movie was good and I did enjoy the plot line but I had a couple of questions about the movie if anyone could answer,
First off, why was Peter such a cocky jerk throughout the movie? I mean, I hated Edmond in the first movie and in this movie, I loved Edmond and hated Peter. Is that his character because he was not like this in the first movie.

Second, they've lived around 100 or 1000 years in Narnia as Kings & Queens but do they remember all of it? I mean, they remember growing up in Narnia? I don't know, it just seems weird how calm they seem to be from growing into adults in Narnia and than shrinking back down into kids. Can anyone explain this to me?

Set by Medli

Post subject: Re: Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian [Spoilers]
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 5:21 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

If in doubt: A wizard did it.
Well, a Magician, a Witch, a certain christ-figure lion or whatever the emperor was called.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 10:46 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: I don't know, but there'd better be chocolate. [art by Fiddelysquat]
Ammer wrote:
First off, why was Peter such a cocky jerk throughout the movie? I mean, I hated Edmond in the first movie and in this movie, I loved Edmond and hated Peter. Is that his character because he was not like this in the first movie.
Second, they've lived around 100 or 1000 years in Narnia as Kings & Queens but do they remember all of it? I mean, they remember growing up in Narnia? I don't know, it just seems weird how calm they seem to be from growing into adults in Narnia and than shrinking back down into kids. Can anyone explain this to me?

They kind of relate back to each other. Peter was so frustrated because not only did he lose his sovereignty, he lost his self-sovereignty. Kind of like when people are injured or become frail and lose their independence all over again, and people have to take care of them, limiting their freedom. They know it's necessary, but sometimes they resent it anyway.
Yes, they remember growing up in Narnia, but I think once they get back to England their proper mental ages reassert themselves. If they were adults, this might not be the case, but as kids the actual physiology brains are different. That might be why Peter has the most trouble accepting his "demotion" to youth again, because his experiences stuck with him, but all that wisdom was transferred into the mind of a teenager.
The time thing is sort of hard to explain. But basically, when someone from this world goes into Narnia, time stops in this world until they come back. And when everyone's in their proper world, the timelines don't run at the same speed. Narnian time usually runs faster, but I recall that in one of the books Lewis said it could be a thousand years have passed, or no time at all.

"Oh, better far to live and die/Under the brave black flag I fly/Than play a sanctimonious part/With a pirate head and a pirate heart."

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 6:59 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Dear GOD, Caspian was a dreadful actor. I liked this movie a lot better than I liked the first one, but since I found the first movie (and the books) about as interesting as dry rot, that's not saying much. He just kind of strutted around and I was expecting to see him run slo-mo through the river wearing boxer briefs while an announcer talked about Hanes His Way.

So who else noticed the hilarious bear that talked kind of like Homestar Runner? My dad and I were cracking up over it.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 7:09 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: I don't know, but there'd better be chocolate. [art by Fiddelysquat]
Fiddelysquat wrote:
So who else noticed the hilarious bear that talked kind of like Homestar Runner? My dad and I were cracking up over it.

I loved that they kept the Bulgy Bear. They made a big effort to get the little touches right, and that bear is pretty much spot-on the book. He is described as looking "uncommonly silly" and although I didn't notice it myself, apparently he even sucked on his paws as described in the book.

"Oh, better far to live and die/Under the brave black flag I fly/Than play a sanctimonious part/With a pirate head and a pirate heart."

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 7:19 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I was in tears of laughter when he said, 'FOH NAWNIA!'

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:08 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Yeah, they made a big effort trying to keep 'small touches' while utterly making the plot line SUCK. AWFUL. It was just awful! I should never have read the book! It would've been a better movie if I hadn't read it!

The fact that they attacked the 'castle' like that. Oh my goodness. And the love story between Caspian and Susan? WTH? So much deviation from the book.

If they Ruin the Horse and his Boy i'll cry.

Evisceration is a sign of respect.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:39 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Favorite Cheese: Brie de Meaux, Red Leicester and Wensleydale.
We don't know if Horse and his Boy will be made into a movie especially since the first book (The Magician's Nephew) was skipped by both BBC and the Narnia movies. I have the strange feeling that Narnia movies will finish at Vogage Of The Dawn Trader and not showing The Last Battle just like the BBC version of the Narnia books did.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:06 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Combusken BG wrote:
We don't know if Horse and his Boy will be made into a movie especially since the first book (The Magician's Nephew) was skipped by both BBC and the Narnia movies. I have the strange feeling that Narnia movies will finish at Vogage Of The Dawn Trader and not showing The Last Battle just like the BBC version of the Narnia books did.

My understanding was that they're doing the books 'out of order' so that they can grow with the kids involved (namely Edmund and Lucy). I doubt Disney is going to be like the BBC versions, and I sincerely hope they don't crap out at Voyage of the Dawn Treader.

Eustace is just such an annoying prat. Jills even worse.

Evisceration is a sign of respect.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:50 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Combusken BG wrote:

They seem to be doing them in written order, not chronological (if the next two rumoured films are true, any way).
So Horse and his boy will be... Fifth.
Presumably followed by Magicians Nephew, and The Last Battle.

Saying that, there has apparently been a lot of... whining, about the Last Battle and The Horse And His Boy, with some people (JK Rowling, amongst others) completely missing the point of Susan not returning to Narnia, and apparent stereotyping in the latter.
I couldn't roll my eyes enough.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:53 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Watching little birds fly kamikaze missions into the walls.
Right now, the order is:

1. The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
2. Prince Caspian
3. The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (already in pre-production, scheduled for release in 2010)

None of the other ones are technically scheduled yet for production.

It was an honor serving you PPT. I will miss you.
Click here to join my new werewolf forum!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:48 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Deviation from the book, eh?
Can I take a guess and say that Mike Newell directed it? XD
(HP joke)

I've yet to see the movie, but thanks for the warnings.
I hate it when people take movies out of context from the book. XP

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:07 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Out of all the people who seriously could not act in this movie I think the guy who played Caspian is the only on who at least tried.
I didn't think the movie was all that bad but I mean some of the deviations from the book made me just go :roll:

Fiddelysquat wrote:
I was in tears of laughter when he said, 'FOH NAWNIA!'

I read that, then saw the movie, and when that bear said it I seriously laughed my head off. XD

The mice annoyed me....."-_-
But hey, they need something to keep the kiddies occupied....

set by Sakura

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:05 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

DM was on fire! wrote:
Deviation from the book, eh?
Can I take a guess and say that Mike Newell directed it? XD
(HP joke)

*Lol at the idea that Harry Potter was the first book to be murdered in "Translation"*

LOTR was pretty good, I feel, so no, I'm not referring to that.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:07 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Even if unintended, or just quoting verbatim lines from the book, the level of God in this one was quite a fair bit higher:

Maybe before he will show himself to us we have to prove ourselves to him or something.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next