The big screen and the small screen... together at last! Hurrah!
Topic locked

Re: The Dark Knight (beware- spoilers within)

Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:43 pm

pardona_ii wrote:Well, let's not forget about how much weight Christian Bale lost for The Machinist. Amazing movie, and now that Bale is finally getting the attention he deserves, maybe more people will want to watch it.

As a long time fan of Christian Bale, I can tell you he is one of the best in his generation, but newcomers most probably are going to have a hard time actually finding some of his past work. I know I have, and I've been collecting his movies for nearly 7 years!
For the most part, his new fans are mainly fanboys/fangirls who just think he's the hottest guy on the planet OMG. :roll:
His work should be taken seriously, and by the looks of it, he might just become the franchise king seeing as Terminator Salvation doesn't look too bad either. It's sad to think that most of the newcomers are for the most part just see him as Batman since he has diversified in his past(Velvet Goldmine anyone? o_O )

Honestly if they are going to make a third Batman film, they really should be careful about how they do it. It will either make or break the first two films, and I seriously do not want to see two good films go down because the studio wanted to try and make more money with yet another franchise.
Personally I would rather see Deadshot be introduced over Catwoman, Riddler and The Penguin. Deadshot isn't given enough credit, and if they can use flippin Ras Al Ghul in Batman Begins, then they could have a try with Deadshot(it's perfectly credible and real character too). But for the most part, Riddler wouldn't be half bad a villain. If he wears a pair of old lime green Converse and squeels like an emo/punk band though, I will honestly just walk out of that movie.

After Danny DeVito, Penguin should NEVER be in a movie. I swear, I just don't like him. NO PENGUUUUIIIIIINN!

Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:24 pm

This is all I have to say about Christian Bale:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA. Love him.

Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:44 am

Fiddelysquat wrote:This is all I have to say about Christian Bale:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA. Love him.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
hahahaha!

Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:20 pm

3lla wrote:After Danny DeVito, Penguin should NEVER be in a movie. I swear, I just don't like him. NO PENGUUUUIIIIIINN!

I think I once read something about Nolan saying he probably wouldn't use the Penguin, because it was too campy and didn't fit in. Same with Mr. Freeze and Poison Ivy (especially after that Batman & Robin fiasco). Can't find the source anymore though.

Bane could also be possible, he fits in the new Batman world perfectly.
From IMDB: Bane. In the comics, Bane is a highly intelligent, incredibly strong criminal mastermind. He, along with three accomplices, releases Arkham's inmates. Bane breaks Batman's back and takes control of the city. The whole scenario matches the realistic tone of Nolan's series.

But it'll probably be the Riddler, since he's more known to the general audience.

Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:38 pm

I think the Riddler has some potential. Penguin should not be used and i'm not even going to comment on Freeze and Ivy. :roll:

But I think if done properly and with the right actress, Catwoman has potential too. But it would have to be done right. Once again not going to comment on Halle Berry's Catwoman. :roll:

I'm not familiar with the comic villans not in the movies though.....

Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:30 pm

I LOVE American Psycho.

Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:05 am

But if you HAD to choose a Christian Bale movie, wouldn't it be Newsies.

Now if he had started singing and dancing in Dark Knight, maybe there'd be some competition.

Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:49 am

Awww, Newsies was definitely where my love for Christian Bale began <3

Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:52 am

October wrote:Awww, Newsies was definitely where my love for Christian Bale began <3

Same here! *sighs*
We used to beg to watch it every end of the year in choir, after we'd done all our concerts and had some extra classtime to watch musicals.

Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:22 pm

Only two days until the DVD release <3 My boyfriend keeps asking me to make sure its on Tuesday. XD

Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:39 am

Given the amount of hype of this movie, I finally saw it. I'm honestly a bit dissapointed. I didn't think it was as amazing as the hype was. I'm also not totally impressed with Heath Ledgers performance. Then again, all i've heard is hype.

*shrugs* It was a movie. I'm glad I bought it, but I don't believe the hype.
Topic locked