Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 8:07 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: The Dark Knight (beware- spoilers within)
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:51 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I'm surprised there's not a thread for this already.

Who has seen the dark knight? What did you think?

I saw it last night and i thought it was absolutely AMAZING!

Last edited by Rachel on Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: The Dark Knight
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:07 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I haven't seen it yet :(

I'm in Dark Night withdrawal!

Set by Medli

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:36 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

It opened here in Belgium today, went to see it just now. I would really, really, really not want to be in the shoes of the actor who has to step up to play the Joker in the next Batman film - cause you just know there's going to be at least 1, probably 2 more after this one; and I can't imagine the next one not featuring the Joker, what with being the raw force of chaos that he is in this film. I have always loved the 1989 one's Jack Nicholson Joker, but this is a different league entirely - it's from being a villain right out of the original comics to being a realistic and scary psychopath.

I really, really liked Harvey Dent as well - and I think his fate in this film shows a very positive trend: the makers of the Batman films are no longer afraid to kill off what should be a 'major' villain right away if it serves the greater storyline. We get an entire movie worth of Harvey Dent, crusader for justice and symbol of Gotham's hope with just a little edge off his sanity (the whole coin-flipping/'make your own luck' thing), and all the way toward the end, he falls to the manipulations of the Joker, and is instantly killed for it. This serves in making both the Joker far more formidable and scary, while Harvey Two-Face becomes an immortal symbol of hope. And as for Batman? He just gives up the notion of being a hero, and becomes the true 'silent watcher in the night'. Bravo Mr. Nolan (both of you), bravo.

PS: Why not add a spoiler tag to this topic title? Would make things easier for those oof us who have already seen the film to discuss things, no?

ImageImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:49 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

I believe in Harvey Dent.

*Pokes Signature*

But yeah, Harvey Dent was my favorite character. I love the transformation of his character and his acting was very good! I was hoping that he wouldn't run into the fate that happened as I really wanted him to be a major villian in the next movie. Though, I guess it was for the best as I wouldn't want my image of him to be ruined in a sequel.

So I really hope the director decides to go ahead and make the third movie. There are rumors that he doesn't want to go ahead with the next one though... :(

I hope it's just a rumor, I want to know who the next villian will be! (Though, I hope its Harley Quinn or Scarface)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:12 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Ryguy wrote:
So I really hope the director decides to go ahead and make the third movie. There are rumors that he doesn't want to go ahead with the next one though... :(

IMDb wrote:
Are there any indications of a third installment?
Yes. Christian Bale, Michael Caine and Gary Oldman are all under contract for three films.
The Joker's role, if any, in the third film is unclear, especially after the death of Heath Ledger.

Ryguy wrote:
I hope it's just a rumor, I want to know who the next villian will be! (Though, I hope its Harley Quinn or Scarface)

IMDb wrote:
What about the third installment's villains?
It was widely believed that Two-Face would be the villain of the third installment. David Goyer, who penned Batman Begins and helped on The Dark Knight, had said that the Joker would disfigure Harvey Dent, aka Two-Face, in the third film, but we now know that Dent's disfigurement occurs in Dark Knight, and he is presumed dead by the end of the film, though the character could easily be brought back with some realistic explanation.
Asked about whether the Joker would appear in the third film (requiring the role to be recast), director Christopher Nolan stated "I don't know. I honestly have not taken a moment away from what is going on with the film now to even think about that. I don't know. I simply don't know."
Referring to how Heath Ledger's absence will affect the third film in an interview with Movie Hole, Gary Oldman stated, "Maybe we don't need the Joker. Because we'll have The Riddler."
There has been speculation on the web that the man who tried to blackmail Batman, named Mister Reese (as in "mysteries"), will turn into The Riddler, although that character is traditionally the alter ego of a man named Edward Nigma. The Mister Reese character is presented in a bumbling manner contrary to the common interpretation of the Riddler, who is one of Batman's most cunning and intelligent foes. Moreover, in one of the newspapers released with the viral marketing, there is a 'letter to the editor' that is authored by Edward Nashon, another of Riddler's alter-egos.
There is one point where Lucius Fox and Batman are discussing the new Bat-suit. Batman makes a comment about the strength of the suit, asking if it would be able to protect him from dogs. Lucius says it should protect him from "cats"--a possible reference to Catwoman.
Some fans were disappointed about The Scarecrow's small role in the film. He was, however, kept alive. This could foreshadow a return.

Though Pauley Perrette as Harley Quinn would be awesome. I've loved her for years as Abby in NCIS, and Harley Quinn is a part she was probably born to play. Though with Heith Ledger, and consequently probably the Joker out of the picture...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:31 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

o.0

Where did you find that information!? :o

But yay! That makes me happy! As for Harley Quinn's explination as to why she might show up (realize that this is just me hoping) is maybe she is upset that the Joker has been captured. I think it would be an easy stretch to make.

As for having the Riddler as the next villian, I really hope that it's not going to be the case. I feel like he was featured not too long ago (though, the Joker was too). I would really enjoy the appearance of a villian who hasn't shown up on the big screen so far.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:35 am 
PPT God
PPT God

It was an extremely amazing movie! Heath Ledger was a star!

I made a bet with my dad half-way though the film that two face would show up. :D

Set by Byakuya'<3

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:54 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

pardona_ii wrote:
PS: Why not add a spoiler tag to this topic title? Would make things easier for those oof us who have already seen the film to discuss things, no?

Your wish is my command.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:46 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Rachel wrote:
pardona_ii wrote:

Your wish is my command.

Oh, chuck a billion in my bank account next!

Yes, movie was fantastic.

Post subject: Re: The Dark Knight (beware- spoilers within)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:39 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Heath Ledger was so great. That was probably the best acting I'd ever seen from him.

I was surprised by this movie, actually. I've never been a huge fan of the superhero movies. I guess I ought to go see Batman Begins now.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:40 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Rissa wrote:
Heath Ledger was so great. That was probably the best acting I'd ever seen from him.
I was surprised by this movie, actually. I've never been a huge fan of the superhero movies. I guess I ought to go see Batman Begins now.

Definitely. While it's nowhere near as good as The Dark Knight, it paints a clear picture of what happened before this movie, and how Bruce came to embrace his 'dark side'.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:58 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Lee wrote:
It was an extremely amazing movie! Heath Ledger was a star!

I made a bet with my dad half-way though the film that two face would show up. :D

I would have hoped he showed up! I wouldn't have known what else Harvey Dent would have been in the movie for! :D

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:35 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: I don't know, but there'd better be chocolate. [art by Fiddelysquat]
Ryguy wrote:
I would have hoped he showed up! I wouldn't have known what else Harvey Dent would have been in the movie for! :D

A lot of people suspected that Dent would be set up in this movie as the villain for the next movie. I'm glad they didn't feel they had to "save him" for the next one.

"Oh, better far to live and die/Under the brave black flag I fly/Than play a sanctimonious part/With a pirate head and a pirate heart."

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:50 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I'm seeing it tomorrow!

-freaks out-

Set by Medli

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:17 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

This movie is FANTASTIC. Heath Ledger.. just.. wow. Crazy. Probably some of the best acting I've ever seen.

Fave part:
The Joker is driving that huge truck and Batman comes speeding at him and goes under the truck and the Joker goes "missed me!" and then the truck flips over XD.

Oh, also, the Joker in a nurse outfit LOLWTF.

So yeah, my boyfriend and I loved it, we'll probably end up seeing it again sometime this week lol.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next