Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 7:04 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Dark Knight (beware- spoilers within)
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:29 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

One of my favorite parts had to be:

"Watch me make this pencil disappear." Then BAM! Slam the guys head into the table and impales him with the pencil.

Set by Byakuya'<3

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:47 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

And to add some levity to this entire discussion:

I seriously have no words for this...

ImageImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:38 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Watching little birds fly kamikaze missions into the walls.
So I just got back from seeing it and I thought it was pretty good. I don't know if it's really as great as all the hype, but it was good and I'll end up owning it when it comes out on Blu-Ray. For me, it was a little long for my taste and there was too much explaining of what was going on. I wish that Heath Ledger had done the crazy, over-the-top Joker laugh more than once. And Lee, that was one of my favorite parts too!

It was an honor serving you PPT. I will miss you.
Click here to join my new werewolf forum!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:21 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I loved it!

The first show was sold out but we got in the 10:10 show at and it was amazing!

Heath Ledger made that movie for me; his acting was amazing.

I just had a couple of questions,

Is Rachel really dead? Doesn't seem a bit premature as another movie may be in the works?

Set by Medli

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:17 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Ammer wrote:
I loved it!

Is Rachel really dead? Doesn't seem a bit premature as another movie may be in the works?

Having last seen her like 5 seconds before the explosion, tied up, and surrounded by barrells in a large room, it would be ridiculous if she survived. Unless the Joker had a trapdoor button or something

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:00 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Ammer wrote:

She better be!!!!! I never really liked the character that was Rachel Dawes, she always seemed so whiny and would never shut up. But that is just my opinion.

As a long term fan of Batman and the Joker I really have to say that this movie stepped up to the plate. It delivered a comic book movie that was not cheesy or incredibly bad(spiderman anyone?!) and this movie actually for once reminded me that sometimes comic books aren't for children. Heath Ledger honestly brought justice to the Joker since over the years the real character just got lost in all the different interpretations, but finally, the Joker can be seen for what he really is in this movie.

I was sort of annoyed with the ending and the whole Harvey Dent thing since I was expecting to see more of his character. I have to admit Aaron Eckhart blew me away as Harvey Two-Face Dent, and I seriously just got chills whenever he flipped that damn coin. CHILLS I SAY!!!!!

I honestly went into this movie thinking that it wasn't going to live up to expectations that I had set for it, and that eventually the only thing that would keep me watching would be Christian Bale in Armani suits <3 , but I was wronged and I'm glad I was!

did anyone else jump when the guy dressed up as batman hit the mayor's window?
seriously I nearly screamed.

Plus did anyone else notice that when Heath Ledger was dressed up as a nurse, the badge read Matilda. His daughter is called Matilda. Just an easter egg ^_^

set by Sakura

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:23 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

3lla wrote:
did anyone else jump when the guy dressed up as batman hit the mayor's window?
seriously I nearly screamed.

Plus did anyone else notice that when Heath Ledger was dressed up as a nurse, the badge read Matilda. His daughter is called Matilda. Just an easter egg ^_^

I did!! That scared the crap out of me! I actually jumped out of my seat and nearly broke my boyfriend's arm I grasped it so tightly.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:24 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: I don't know, but there'd better be chocolate. [art by Fiddelysquat]
Ammer wrote:
I loved it!

It's such a common event in comic books that it's been given a name--"Women in Refrigerators Syndrome." Rachel had served her purpose in the story, and so they killed her off as a plot device. They would've had to hare off in a different direction with her character to make it worth keeping her, and killing her was a simpler option. Especially since they'd recast her once already--and who wants to keep recasting a supporting female role when they could just as easily kill her and bring on a new supporting female role?

"Oh, better far to live and die/Under the brave black flag I fly/Than play a sanctimonious part/With a pirate head and a pirate heart."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:05 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Moongewl wrote:
Ammer wrote:
I loved it!

It's such a common event in comic books that it's been given a name--"Women in Refrigerators Syndrome." Rachel had served her purpose in the story, and so they killed her off as a plot device. They would've had to hare off in a different direction with her character to make it worth keeping her, and killing her was a simpler option. Especially since they'd recast her once already--and who wants to keep recasting a supporting female role when they could just as easily kill her and bring on a new supporting female role?

Hm, that makes sense.

But I did like Maggie Gylenhall so it's just sad she isn't in the movie anymore.

However, is there another love interest? I don't recall him ever liking someone else.

Set by Medli

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:13 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Location: Faster than a speeding IM! Stronger than an ox on steroids! Pinker than a bottle of Pepto-Bismol!
Is Maggie suppose to be the fake Katie Holmes or something?

I liked the movie. Best superhero movie I've seen in a long time. Heath Ledger was awesome.

Hold onto your seats people... the SL is back.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:26 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Santa Kym wrote:

I liked the movie. Best superhero movie I've seen in a long time. Heath Ledger was awesome.

No, she isn't; Katie turned down the role for some reason so Maggie replaced her. One of the best moves made by the movie as Katie Holmes isn't the greatest actress out there.

Set by Medli

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:19 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Ammer wrote:

Hm, that makes sense.

But I did like Maggie Gylenhall so it's just sad she isn't in the movie anymore.

However, is there another love interest? I don't recall him ever liking someone else.

In the comic books he does only have maybe a few flames, but never anything really serious. The way I see it is that he prefers to be alone in this world so that no one else has to carry the burden that he does, to feel the pain that he does. He is a misunderstood boy who has had no one but Alfred, and I think that Bruce Wayne is afraid to show the real him.

Ammer wrote:
Santa Kym wrote:

No, she isn't; Katie turned down the role for some reason so Maggie replaced her. One of the best moves made by the movie as Katie Holmes isn't the greatest actress out there.

Katie Holmes turned it down for apparent 'scheduling conflicts' and instead appeared in a movie called Mad Money this summer. :roll: Anyone remember that?
It would have been more consistent if Katie had come back as Rachel, but I honestly did prefer Maggie Gyllenhaal. They should have used Maggie as Rachel in Batman Begins. Katie Holmes can't act to save her life.
I say Scientology had a big say in her choice to return to the Batman storyline.....

set by Sakura

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:57 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Found this today in a Belgian newspaper, thought I'd share (translated it myself, so sorry if it's not perfect):

"Johnny depp to appear in next Batman-movie"

The late Heath Ledger is currently sweeping audiences away in the new Batman-movie, but in the next movie about the Caped Crusader the attention could very well be going to Johnny Depp. The actor was apparently approached to star as The Riddler in the sequel to 'The Dark Knight'. In taking this role, Depp would follow up on Jim Carrey's performance, who played the part in 1995. "The studio was looking for someone who could measure up to the performance of Heath Ledger as The Joker, and Johnny would be absolutely right" they say. The next Batman-movie would also be directed by Christopher Nolan. Philip Seymour Hoffman would have been asked to play the part of The Penguin.

Interesting, very interesting. That's the first I've heard about an actor to play The Riddler, though this particular adversary's appearance was already pretty certain. And The Penguin as well? Nice. Wonder if they'll bring back Max Shreck. Philip Seymour Hoffman? I've not seen to much by him, but what I have seen, I definitely liked.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:46 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

pardona_ii wrote:
Found this today in a Belgian newspaper, thought I'd share (translated it myself, so sorry if it's not perfect):

The late Heath Ledger is currently sweeping audiences away in the new Batman-movie, but in the next movie about the Caped Crusader the attention could very well be going to Johnny Depp. The actor was apparently approached to star as The Riddler in the sequel to 'The Dark Knight'. In taking this role, Depp would follow up on Jim Carrey's performance, who played the part in 1995. "The studio was looking for someone who could measure up to the performance of Heath Ledger as The Joker, and Johnny would be absolutely right" they say. The next Batman-movie would also be directed by Christopher Nolan. Philip Seymour Hoffman would have been asked to play the part of The Penguin.

Interesting, very interesting. That's the first I've heard about an actor to play The Riddler, though this particular adversary's appearance was already pretty certain. And The Penguin as well? Nice. Wonder if they'll bring back Max Shreck. Philip Seymour Hoffman? I've not seen to much by him, but what I have seen, I definitely liked.

I believe Chris Nolan has publicly stated that he would never use the Penguin in his series of Batman films, so you can forget Phillip Seymour Hoffman appearing in Gotham.

And Johnny Depp as The Riddler? eh......I don't know....he doesn't seem skinny enough to me XD
But then again I felt the same way when I first heard that Heath Ledger was the cast as The joker so who knows....but I'd rather prefer they cast someone else.

I swear if they ever bring back Max Shreck in Chris Nolan's series, I will personally write the studio, Mr Nolan AND Mr Bale a letter of my annoyance. I'd rather they keep the series real and gritty thanks.

set by Sakura

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:04 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

3lla wrote:
pardona_ii wrote:

I believe Chris Nolan has publicly stated that he would never use the Penguin in his series of Batman films, so you can forget Phillip Seymour Hoffman appearing in Gotham.

And Johnny Depp as The Riddler? eh......I don't know....he doesn't seem skinny enough to me XD
But then again I felt the same way when I first heard that Heath Ledger was the cast as The joker so who knows....but I'd rather prefer they cast someone else.

I swear if they ever bring back Max Shreck in Chris Nolan's series, I will personally write the studio, Mr Nolan AND Mr Bale a letter of my annoyance. I'd rather they keep the series real and gritty thanks.

Well, let's not forget about how much weight Christian Bale lost for The Machinist. Amazing movie, and now that Bale is finally getting the attention he deserves, maybe more people will want to watch it.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next