Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 7:27 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince Trailer Leaked
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:50 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

D'awww. :(
Well, atleast I know our IMAX theatre should be open by then.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:16 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

that SERIOUSLY sucks!

Edit:here's a quote from the press release:

Quote:
In making the announcement, Mr. Horn stated, “Our reasons for shifting ‘Half-Blood Prince’ to summer are twofold: we know the summer season is an ideal window for a family tent pole release, as proven by the success of our last Harry Potter film, which is the second-highest grossing film in the franchise, behind only the first installment. Additionally, like every other studio, we are still feeling the repercussions of the writers’ strike, which impacted the readiness of scripts for other films—changing the competitive landscape for 2009 and offering new windows of opportunity that we wanted to take advantage of. We agreed the best strategy was to move ‘Half-Blood Prince’ to July, where it perfectly fills the gap for a major tent pole release for mid-summer.”

They're moving it because of numbers, not because it's not ready. that's ridiculous!!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:23 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

So not only have they moved it, but guess what movie is taking its slot?

Twilight.

Twilight.

I feel like the universe just farted in my face. Talk about adding insult to injury!

TWILIGHT!!!! This is like somebody cancelling Christmas and replacing it with "Punch Marissa in the Face Day"!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:24 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Location: Faster than a speeding IM! Stronger than an ox on steroids! Pinker than a bottle of Pepto-Bismol!
Sounds like they think they can make more money releasing it at later date; if they can, why not eh? More money for them = a bigger and better film for the next time.

Could have also been a marketing ploy; build a bit of hype and get some awareness?

Hold onto your seats people... the SL is back.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:27 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Kym, if they told audiences that in order to see HBP you have to donate a pint of blood before going through a potentially fatal obstacle course involving rabid Dobermans and land mines, it'd still make millions upon millions at the box office on opening day. This is Harry freaking Potter, not The House Bunny.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:37 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Location: Faster than a speeding IM! Stronger than an ox on steroids! Pinker than a bottle of Pepto-Bismol!
Of course; lots of people are going to see the movie irrespective of the release date.

They just think they'll make more money by releasing it at a time when everyone is presumably free.

I'd probably do the same thing myself if I was going to release a movie - give it the best chances at breaking a few records by timing its release at an opportune moment and making as much money myself as possible. Not too many Harry Potter films left to go so also make the most of it.

As a Harry Potter fan, I'd prefer to see the movie sooner or later. But hey, maybe a later release date will mean that by the time we see this movie, production for the next movie might have already started so there's a shorter gap between this movie and the next one.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:47 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

If it is all about "releasing it at a time when everyone is presumably free" then they should have just announced a July release in the first place, and not announced a november one. The first few were all in November and did very well. And LOTR was released around christmas each time and did bloody well!

Shoyru_Lover wrote:
As a Harry Potter fan, I'd prefer to see the movie sooner or later. But hey, maybe a later release date will mean that by the time we see this movie, production for the next movie might have already started so there's a shorter gap between this movie and the next one.

Now that's just bad logic.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:53 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Rachel wrote:
If it is all about "releasing it at a time when everyone is presumably free" then they should have just announced a July release in the first place, and not announced a november one. The first few were all in November and did very well. And LOTR was released around christmas each time and did bloody well!

Who knows why they announced a November one in the first place? Probably for the reasons you stated - every prior HP film was released on November. Maybe now they realized that they can make even more money and have a bigger audience on a summer release after the Batman film did so well.

Rachel wrote:
Shoyru_Lover wrote:

Now that's just bad logic.

We all know that there is going to be a final Harry Potter film and production for the next sequential film sometimes occurs before the film immediately preceding it is released.

With that in mind and hypothetically let's assume the next film is released in Summer 2010, then we'd only have to wait two years as opposed to two and a half years if this installment of Harry Potter was released in Summer 2008 instead of November as originally planned.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:29 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Fiddelysquat wrote:
So not only have they moved it, but guess what movie is taking its slot?

Twilight.

Twilight.

I feel like the universe just farted in my face. Talk about adding insult to injury!

TWILIGHT!!!! This is like somebody cancelling Christmas and replacing it with "Punch Marissa in the Face Day"!

I had to IMDB that movie...I'd never heard of it...it definitely sounds like a loser to me...but what do you mean they're replacing HP with it? That confuses me...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:52 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Twilight was scheduled to be released some months later, but they took the open slot left by HBP to release the movie sooner.

Twilight is the movie adaptation of the... (eurgh, no way am I calling it a novel)... collection of wasted pages and ink that is Twilight by Stephanie Meyer. Words cannot describe how made of fail this series is. I'm amazed they had enough content to make a film about it. It's basically Cardboard Character #1 and Cardboard Character #2 making googly eyes at eachother for 800 pages, with healthy doses of sexism and horribly purple prose thrown in for good measure.

/rant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:57 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: I don't know, but there'd better be chocolate. [art by Fiddelysquat]
Haha Fidds, a higher power is laughing at you.
Twilight is going to be so bad that I might have to go see it myself.

"Oh, better far to live and die/Under the brave black flag I fly/Than play a sanctimonious part/With a pirate head and a pirate heart."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:25 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I'm considering dressing up as Susan B. Anthony, running into the crowded theatre, and bludgeoning moviegoers with a copy of The Feminine Mystique. Or possibly just dousing them in buckets of glitter.

Ah, screw it. Too much effort. Maybe I'll just rickroll them or something. Or make some "Support Cedric Diggory ~ EDWARD SUCKS" badges.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:26 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Fiddelysquat wrote:
It's basically Cardboard Character #1 and Cardboard Character #2 making googly eyes at eachother for 800 pages, with healthy doses of sexism and horribly purple prose thrown in for good measure.

Hey Fidds, that's not true... there are sparkly vampires, too. ^^
Also, werewolves. Also, beware the fangirls. Also... I have nothing else to say. I'm gonna see it to laugh at it/whatever.

Well, I can kinda see why they would want to do that... It does make sense, unfortunately.

I don't exist. omo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:11 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

:( Ew, Twilight fangirls. I have so many in my school.

But, OH MY GOD. I just watched the Harry Potter trailer, I want to see it soooo bad!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:27 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I was so excited about seeing this with all my college friends, too. D:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next