Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:20 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Heroes [Split 5]
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:04 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Last thread: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=33731

AH!!!!

That was an awesome season premiere!

I definitely was thrown in every which way from it, and I am most definitely excited for next week's episode.

Oh, and here is some interesting tidbits which hints at returning characters, plot lines and more,

http://tvguide.sympatico.msn.ca/TVNews/ ... secrets_DW

Set by Medli

Post subject: Re: Heroes [Split 4]
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:30 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Favorite Cheese: Brie de Meaux, Red Leicester and Wensleydale.
US Heroes Season 3 info

9pm on BBC 2 for first episode.

10pm on BBC 3 for second episode.

Also is Heroes Unmasked on BBC2 on the October 1st at 9:45pm - 10:00pm.

A nine day gap for the first two episodes between the US and UK airings is better than waiting months between the two airings though I would prefered it if the same episodes was on the a same week in both countries as we could then discuss the episodes within the same week.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:50 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

After watching the season premiere, I'm officially wanting more!

Seriously that was one great premiere.

set by Sakura

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:05 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Really? I thought it was quite spotty.

All of the Mohinder/Maya scenes were completely terrible and ridiculous. What about that scene where Mohinder was debating whether to destroy the contents of the syringe, by standing over a RIVER?

Maya: "You have changed"

What's with Mohinder getting a power anyways? Now the only powerless person is pretty much Ando, and even he has powers in the future. (Allegedly, could still be robot Ando, like he explained).

They explained that Future-peter completely changed the future landscape by coming back because he told Claire to stay home, which is how Sylar got her power. But if Nathan hadn't been shot, she wouldn't have had a reason to leave Odessa anyways, so I'm not sure how that really works out.

Also when Sylar was stalking Claire, he lets his guard down twice as Claire manages to hit him with a trophy, and then stab him with a knife. That didn't make much sense.

Sylar (Referring to last season): "It was like long night after eating some bad Mexican food." Or something along the lines of that.

Ando continues to be a bad actor.

That scene where future-Peter and Parkman had that little camera - zoom battle there.

Time travel abilities continue to prove to be problems to the script. The plot hole is "fixed" by Hiro claiming to not want to travel to the past, but instead looking to the future. However, it still isn't practical in terms of the fact that he could have easily solved the formula-stealing speedy thief problem.

African person that saves Parkman: "Should have gone with sprint."

Peter is trapped inside Jesse, along with other villains who are so completely evil that they set people on fire while filling up on gas.

Also, Molly, and that entire New Orleans sideplot (along with all the characters such as Micah, Micah's cousin, etc.) are removed from this season.

It is STILL unexplained how Sylar at one point magically teleported from that remote island to the middle of a road in South America.

Post subject: Re: Heroes [Split 5]
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:13 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Wow, so does anyone here even watch the show anymore?

I liked Peter in the first season - he had a job and a life. Now all he does is attempt to kill his family members and walk around looking for crime and trying to ~save the world.~ Also, he and Claire are maybe a bit TOO close.

And what was with Sylar this season? It seems like he changed sides every few episodes. Why did he blame HRG for Elle's death? HE was the one who sliced her head open and burned the body. Sylar really doesn't seem like a weak, whiny person so it annoyed me how he kept on saying things like "YOU MADE ME THIS WAY, IT'S YOUR FAULT I'M A KILLER."

It annoys me how the finales for each of the volumes are somewhat underwhelming. Arthur, Mohinder, and company spent almost all season making up some elaborate plan to give everyone powers, and Peter stops them by knocking over some stuff? Hiro saves the day by ripping up a piece of paper?

Anyways, I do like this season slightly more than season 2. I don't think I'll stop watching the show soon because for some reason I'm still interested in it, even though it seems like the writers are making everything up as they go and most of the characters are unlikable. The only non-evil characters right now are Matt and Hiro. Volume 4 looks interesting though. I have a feeling that Nathan will become president soon.

GOOD NEWS THOUGH. Bryan Fuller is coming back. He wrote episodes like "Company Man" but he left the show to do Pushing Daisies. He says that they are going to tell 3-4 stories per episode instead of 6-7. He also said that people will go back to actually having lives and jobs again. Here's the interview: http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2008/12/exc ... bryan.html

"I'm not superstitious, but I'm a little stitious."

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:55 am 

Peter and Claire are dating in real life.

IDB Rater, Pink Inker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:28 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I know. Bad actors need to stick together.

No, I mean Peter and Claire's relationship is almost creepy on the show.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:30 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Sylar got cool again, yay!

Claire killed him. Boooooo.

Sylar is way cooler than anyone else, and gives them some foeyay, so he's pretty much contractually obliged to be back, yay!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:38 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: I don't know, but there'd better be chocolate. [art by Fiddelysquat]
Is it really killing when you just have to remove a shard of glass for them to be fine again?

"Oh, better far to live and die/Under the brave black flag I fly/Than play a sanctimonious part/With a pirate head and a pirate heart."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:54 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I watch the show because me and my friends now have a competition-ish thing to see who can name the most inconsistencies the following day.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:21 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I wonder what role HRG will have in all of this:

Will he
1) Help Nathan find and capture everyone (except Claire)
2) Try to hide everyone
or
3) Pretend to be on Nathan's side but work to take him down

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:17 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Mongrel wrote:
Is it really killing when you just have to remove a shard of glass for them to be fine again?

Not in the broadest sense of the word, no.

Several tons of rubble might slow em down though

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:56 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

I've recently stopped watching Heroes. I couldn't stand Nathan's waffling anymore, that and the fact that the most annoying character can't die =(

Like in waiting rooms and long lines that made you late or mall parking lots on holidays
Blog | Flickr | Twitter | Zune

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:48 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: THE HEART OF DARKNESS. *ominous drums* Haha, just kidding, I'm stalking you. :D
I'm seriously thinking about quitting Heroes. I've been watching since the first season, and have stuck through mislead plots and poor characters, but this season it's just been getting worse and worse. It started off bearable and I thought it was good, and I LOVED the 'Sylar is good' arc, but then towards the ends of this volume the writers seemed to just throw up their hands and go 'screw you, fans'. Basically every character development or progress made during this volume was then erased, or replaced with some totally insane, out of character move (AHEM NATHAN). To a certain degree I could understand it, like 'oh, well this character was really bad all along' or whatever, but they did this to like EVERYONE.

Is Sylar having a really cool and interesting change of heart and struggling with it? HAHA NO JUST KIDDING.

Is Peter powerless and thus having to struggle with this change from all-powerful to not so much? NOPE LET'S JUST LET HIM CONVENIENTLY USE THE LAST DOSE OF THE FORMULA. WOOHOO.

Etc. etc. etc. :(

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:28 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Xandra wrote:
I'm seriously thinking about quitting Heroes. I've been watching since the first season, and have stuck through mislead plots and poor characters, but this season it's just been getting worse and worse. It started off bearable and I thought it was good, and I LOVED the 'Sylar is good' arc, but then towards the ends of this volume the writers seemed to just throw up their hands and go 'screw you, fans'. Basically every character development or progress made during this volume was then erased, or replaced with some totally insane, out of character move (AHEM NATHAN). To a certain degree I could understand it, like 'oh, well this character was really bad all along' or whatever, but they did this to like EVERYONE.

Is Sylar having a really cool and interesting change of heart and struggling with it? HAHA NO JUST KIDDING.

Is Peter powerless and thus having to struggle with this change from all-powerful to not so much? NOPE LET'S JUST LET HIM CONVENIENTLY USE THE LAST DOSE OF THE FORMULA. WOOHOO.

Etc. etc. etc. :(

Nathan is what killed it for me. In the beginning he's all about God and doing the right thing, than you weren't sure if he was on the good side or bad side, and than he's giving up poor Hiro to the government! WHAT THE HECK!

Like in waiting rooms and long lines that made you late or mall parking lots on holidays
Blog | Flickr | Twitter | Zune

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next