Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 8:45 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Twilight
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:21 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: I don't know, but there'd better be chocolate. [art by Fiddelysquat]
A friend was all excited and wanted to see it again last night (she saw it at midnight) so I went yesterday.
It's not nearly as bad as I was expecting (hoping) it would be. In fact, the first half-hour or so I was actually amused.
Robert Pattinson was so horribly miscast though. Or maybe that's just the way the character is, and no one could save him. But too often he sounded like a petulant child.
And there were times when I thought I could've written a better script myself, and all the special effects were awful. Srsly, when Edward's supposed to be running "superfast" his feet don't touch the ground and it's obvious. And the sparkling! I can't wait to hear other people's opinions on THAT effect.

"Oh, better far to live and die/Under the brave black flag I fly/Than play a sanctimonious part/With a pirate head and a pirate heart."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:39 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

So I saw Twilight last night. Commence the commentary.

LOLOL EDWARD LOL!!! He had serious drug addict look when he was first introduced, it was so hilarious. It had me laughing when I'm not sure I was supposed to be laughing.

That being said, I did like the movie. I agree with you about Robert Pattinson, Mongrel. His acting was very stiff and seemed very inappropriate at times. I was surprised by how much Bella didn't annoy me. I loved all of the minor characters (Charlie <3) and wish that they had more screen time (perhaps take some all away from Robert/Edward).

The special effects were cheesy but I expected that. And I always knew the sparkling was going to be dumb ("Omgzz he looks like a peach!") so I wasn't bothered by it. Overall, the movie was better than I thought it would be. What was most annoying aspect of this film (aside from Edward's Boston/Brooklyn/petulant child accent) was the fact that there were scenes that were rather good, only to have them be ruined by something really, really cheesy.

Oh, and the guy who plays Mike looks like a pedophile. Seriously, though. What the eff was up with the regular high school students? Weird, weird people.

That being said, I will undoubtedly buy the DVD when it comes out. That's how I roll.

[Manufactured by Byakuya San]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:30 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: I don't know, but there'd better be chocolate. [art by Fiddelysquat]
Regan wrote:
Oh, and the guy who plays Mike looks like a pedophile. Seriously, though. What the eff was up with the regular high school students? Weird, weird people.

Really? I thought it was really nice to see normal-looking people in a movie. They were all relatively pretty, but in a very normal, human way. I know that's more about creating the contrast between humanly pretty and inhumanly pretty, but it was still one of those things I thought was good about the movie.

"Oh, better far to live and die/Under the brave black flag I fly/Than play a sanctimonious part/With a pirate head and a pirate heart."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:37 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I have to say, I was expecting a horrible, hormonal driven angst movie about stupid vampires and I was pleasantly surprised

It was a very good movie, filled with a lot of emotion and while I cannot stand the books (the writing is horrible), I found the movie to be exciting.

Mongrel wrote:
Robert Pattinson was so horribly miscast though. Or maybe that's just the way the character is, and no one could save him. But too often he sounded like a petulant child.
And there were times when I thought I could've written a better script myself, and all the special effects were awful. Srsly, when Edward's supposed to be running "superfast" his feet don't touch the ground and it's obvious. And the sparkling! I can't wait to hear other people's opinions on THAT effect.

I didn't think he was miscast at all.

He's a good actor and he worked well with the material. The role itself was written (slightly odd IMO) but he did well. Good for him.

Set by Medli

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:01 pm 

Well, it was a fine date movie. I'll give it credit for that. Acting aside, though...

I spent the entire movie laughing at Edward's hair. You know the scene in the science lab where he first gets a whiff of Bella and his head kicks back? All I could think was, "Sorry my head whipped back like that - the air from the fan got caught in my sail...I mean, hair."

And, "I don't go out in the sun because I'm like a dimetrodon with this hair - too much solar energy and I'll overheat."

And so on and so forth. The LA Times film critic described Edward as "six inches of hair above six inches of forehead," which at first I thought was a joke...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:49 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I'm going to see Twilight this week, no matter what my mom says.

And yes, Edward's hair is totally strange. He looks like he's been shocked or something!

Set by the amazing Kitten Medli.
Wanna see some of my writing? Click here!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:03 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Mongrel wrote:
Really? I thought it was really nice to see normal-looking people in a movie. They were all relatively pretty, but in a very normal, human way. I know that's more about creating the contrast between humanly pretty and inhumanly pretty, but it was still one of those things I thought was good about the movie.

Oh, I meant that the high school friends were strange people, as in not like the book. The butt shaking? The strangely flamboyant Eric? They were funny but weird. And I still stand by Mike looking like a pedophile. He was fun.

[Manufactured by Byakuya San]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:39 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Rofl, I have to admit the first 30 or so minutes was pure comedic gold, the way he kept staring and having emofits.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:43 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

The only thing I have to say is:

You're like my own personal brand of heroin.

Like in waiting rooms and long lines that made you late or mall parking lots on holidays
Blog | Flickr | Twitter | Zune

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:43 am 
PPT God
PPT God

unspecialfish wrote:

That's a line in the book too. :)

Set by the amazing Kitten Medli.
Wanna see some of my writing? Click here!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:01 am 

Katherine wrote:
unspecialfish wrote:

That's a line in the book too. :)

I was really sure that
I like watching over you

Was going to be
I like watching you sleep

Which, I can assure you, will get you a restraining order in most municipalities.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:32 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Location: Faster than a speeding IM! Stronger than an ox on steroids! Pinker than a bottle of Pepto-Bismol!
I've given in. I've started to read the books.

Hold onto your seats people... the SL is back.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:32 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

KYM! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! *slow-mo dives and knocks the book out of your hands*

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:59 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Location: Faster than a speeding IM! Stronger than an ox on steroids! Pinker than a bottle of Pepto-Bismol!
*shocked look*

I watched the movie last night. Thought it was pretty good. Tried reading the first book but it was too soon, so I started reading the second. My heart was pounding!! I felt so bad for Bella.

*reaches out in slow motion to save the book from being dirtied by the dirt on the ground*

Hold onto your seats people... the SL is back.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:46 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I about to go out and watch this for the lulz.
Oh Cleolinda what, LOOK AT WHAT YOU'VE DONE TO ME!!! D:

set by Sakura

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next