Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:32 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
 Post subject: Dragonball Evolution "a new kind of stupid"
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:54 pm 

The English trailer for the live-action Dragonball movie starring Justin Chatwin has been leaked:

http://kotaku.com/5106241/dragonball-mo ... -of-stupid

IDB Rater, Pink Inker

Post subject: Re: Dragonball Evolution "a new kind of stupid"
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:41 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I am a die hard fan fr this anime. This is totally wrong. I mean if your going to make alive action animed make sure its true to the anime and is exactly the same as the anime. This movie has ruined Akira's creation. Jamie Chung was a bad choice for chi chi.

Bring KISS to my Hometown

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:31 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
I couldn't tell if that was sarcasm or not, but in general it bears a passing ressemblance - Kamehameha's, capsule vehicles, nyoibo, etc. The characterisation of Goku is a bit (entirely) off though. Why is he the only white guy?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:35 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Christopher wrote:
I couldn't tell if that was sarcasm or not, but in general it bears a passing ressemblance - Kamehameha's, capsule vehicles, nyoibo, etc. The characterisation of Goku is a bit (entirely) off though. Why is he the only white guy?

Oh please don't start that debate again. It is way overboard on the imdb boards.

Yay i've just done my 200th post.

Bring KISS to my Hometown

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:12 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Uh, the show was pretty stupid so having an equally if not more stupid movie won't really harm it.

Set by Medli

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:54 am 

Ammistletoe wrote:
Uh, the show was pretty stupid so having an equally if not more stupid movie won't really harm it.

BLASPHEMY!

I spent many great years of childhood running home from my bus stop to be on time for the latest new episode.

IDB Rater, Pink Inker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:44 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Location: Faster than a speeding IM! Stronger than an ox on steroids! Pinker than a bottle of Pepto-Bismol!
I loved the anime and watched it a lot, but it got a little repetitive after a while. Bad guy comes... really strong and no one can beat him so Goku and co must train. They train hard, then they beat the guy. Then another guy comes and the story repeats.

That said... I really liked the anime. The movie looks... a bit dodgey imo. I was worried when I first heard about the movie... but seeing this trailer... mmm. Kinda makes me think of "Mortal Kombat".

Hold onto your seats people... the SL is back.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:29 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Frosty Snowmobile wrote:
That said... I really liked the anime. The movie looks... a bit dodgey imo. I was worried when I first heard about the movie... but seein this trailer... mmm. Kinda makes me think of "Mortal Kombat".

So, true classical cinema then?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:46 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I've seen the cam of this, and it wasn't the worst movie in the world - but I wouldn't say it's worthy of being called the movie of the year or anything.

Justin Chatwin was not the perfect role for Goku.

It's my belief that they should have left the Japanese to do the writing/directing.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:58 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I crapped bricks when I saw the ad for this the other day.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:24 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Location: Faster than a speeding IM! Stronger than an ox on steroids! Pinker than a bottle of Pepto-Bismol!
I love all these euphimisms for doing poopies.

I was watching 'The House Bunny' the other day with some friends and one of the girls said, "I need to drop off some timber. It is very mysterious."

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:51 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Hollywood always goes off tangent with the source material. Hopefully they re-boot this film like Hulk :)

.:.^By WebKitty^.:.

RAWR! I R BD CHATTER!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:34 am 
Administrator
Administrator

So I read a review of the movie on http://www.narutofan.com/

Doesn't look like he's a big fan.

Quote:
I don't know if you know this, but once upon a time some 6 years ago, waaay back in 2003 before any Naruto websites even existed (I know *gasp*), I had myself a gloriously bad little DBZ fansite, one of the many thousands upon thousands that there was. During my reign over the site there was always persistent rumors of a pending live action DBZ movie, so it was of course, with some interest, that I looked forward to seeing Dragonball Evolution! Now, for some reason the people behind the movie thought it was a brilliant idea to open a month in advance in Japan, Korea, and China. Because it is not at all like China leads the World in piracy of pretty much everything that has ever existed, including Hollywood movies. Coincidentally, I found myself in Tokyo last week when the movie opened (it really was a coincidence, I hadn't planned it that way... I'm not that pathetic... honest... why don't you believe me?), so of course went to see the movie! In Japan the theaters allow you to pre-buy your tickets 24 hours in advance, and it is always reserved seating so you can try to reserve the best seating in the house. And with Dragonball so very loved in Japan, I knew I had to do it! Well, turns out only 2 other people had bought tickets and they were putting it in their second smallest theater in the complex. Yes, Japanese people love Dragonball, but apparently not as much as Yatterman, and Doraemon, whose movies were number 1 and 2 respectively ahead of Dragonball Evolution, which managed to take in just a smidge over $2.5 million at the Japanese box office.

Anyways, I'll spare you my thoughts on the movie (it was perhaps the worst movie I have seen in theaters in my whole life, it has nothing at all to do with Dragonball (talk about an evolution!), other than the fact that there are characters with the same names, and they somehow managed to fit the Dragon Balls themselves in to a random bad movie about a high school student nicknamed "Geeko" by the school bully that keeps you laughing at things you shouldn't be laughing at. In fact, it was such a terrible movie that a good percentage of the normally polite Japanese people who insist on staying until the very END of the credits left about 20 minutes in, which if I hadn't been sitting in the middle of the row, would have been about 18.5 minutes longer than it would have taken me. This movie couldn't have been more unintentionally hilarious if they had cast Samuel L. Jackson as Goku), but it got me thinking... what did you guys think of it!? Surely by now a lot of you have typed in "dragonball evolution cam" in to Google or some other site and found the movie and have watched it, and most of you probably used to be Dragonball fans back in the day. What did you think of it? That's really all I wanted to know, I guess. Perhaps if I was still the 12 year old running the bad DBZ website, I would have enjoyed it.

Afterall, at one point in my life I thoroughly enjoyed "Kindergarten Cop", "Jingle All the Way", and thought every movie Adam Sandler made was the best. So, I have created this nifty poll where you can tell me your thoughts. And by the way, I will assume anybody who votes "Terrific!" is just being a troll. I personally see this movie becoming a cult classic because it is just so awful, it's like a car crash, you just can't help but keep looking, and the people involved actually think it is something great. I feel so sorry for the actors who have to sit through this thing at premiere after premiere who have to pretend this is the best movie they have ever made (which sadly for Justin Chatwin might be true). I'd recommend you all go see it once it comes out just to share in the *shock*, but the high ticket sales might accidentally provoke them to go through with their diabolical plans to make TWO more. I know we don't normally do this kind of stuff, but hey, maybe we should start having more posts like this... unless you only like to see me twice a week... but I doubt that could be the case!

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:12 am 

Shoyru_Lover wrote:
I loved the anime and watched it a lot, but it got a little repetitive after a while. Bad guy comes... really strong and no one can beat him so Goku and co must train. They train hard, then they beat the guy. Then another guy comes and the story repeats.

It just takes four weeks each time.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]