The big screen and the small screen... together at last! Hurrah!
Topic locked

Red Dwarf

Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:43 pm

Slightly delayed topic due to my internet being non-existent...

So, did anyone see the Easter specials of Red Dwarf?

Amaaaaazing to see the guys back together and I do hope they get a new series. They've aged... yes, but the team are still as funny as always (and Rimmer is still a smeghead)

It's inspired Kai and I to watch all of the boxsets again.

Re: Red Dwarf

Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:59 pm

I watched the original episodes on PBS years ago, hadn't seen any for ages until the special.

I obtained and watched the special. Very good. It wasn't amazing quality as compared to some current television shows, but it was classic Red Dwarf.
The part with Rimmer supposed to be watching the sonar was my favourite. Also, the VHS tapes. The ending exposition on dimensions was really good too

Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:32 am

I have watched all of (and loved) the original series but sadly I haven't seen the special yet though I plan to get around to seeing it at some point.

I agree that a new series of Red Dwarf should made especially since Doctor Who got resurrected and if I remember correctly, both shows were popular when they used to be on tv. Also I still wonder what happened on Red Dwarf after the cliffhanger from Series VIII.

Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:23 am

Well apparently they're after a new series (for real)

The thing about Red Dwarf was that it was bits of tin foil and basic set design that looks a bit naff... I think it added to the appeal and in a way made it funnier.

I need to buy the third boxset again - it's gone walkies since moving. To ebay!

Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:58 pm

No, I didn't know there was a special. Bah!

Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:13 pm

I missed the first one, but Janie and me sat and watched the scene in the Kabin in Coronation Street and tried not to pee. ;)

Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:12 pm

We've started rewatching the whole lot of the series... (yes we bought them all on dvd and spell out red dwarf down the side of them)

We're already on series 4.. we only started rewatching a week past on Saturday.
Topic locked