The big screen and the small screen... together at last! Hurrah!
Topic locked

Last Movie You Watched & What You Thought [Split 2]

Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:28 pm

The Ring it's really good but kinda scary(duh):P

---------------------------------------------
TOSO Edit--Previous thread: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=37882

Re: Last Movie You Watched & What You Thought [Split 2]

Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:10 am

really old one called 50 first dates

I love it its so funny

Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:23 pm

Really old? It's from like 2003.

Whippersnapper.

Just watched Moulin Rouge for about the 10th time. I always think I won't like it, but I always end up sitting through it and cackling madly at the "Like a Virgin" bit.

Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:56 pm

shapu wrote:Really old? It's from like 2003.

Really!? I have always been told its from like 1985 or something

anyway just watched Bruce almighty and its sequel Evan almighty
They were funny but not as funny as I had hoped

Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:05 am

ginny-ROX wrote:
shapu wrote:Really old? It's from like 2003.

Really!? I have always been told its from like 1985 or something

anyway just watched Bruce almighty and its sequel Evan almighty
They were funny but not as funny as I had hoped

Drew Barrymore was like...10 and on drugs in '85 haha

Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:32 am

Dead Poets Society.

Despite being kind of depressing, I can't help but laugh at this movie on occasion because of the weird semi-techno music that popped up from time to time and this one ridiculous edit when Neil is asking everyone if they're "in" with the society and this one classmate whips his head around and says "I'm in!", except it's edited and filmed so badly that it looks like he's trying to be in a superhero movie or something.

It's little things like that which will ruin otherwise good movies for me. :oops:

Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:51 am

Every time I watch DPS, I think to myself, "Isn't that Red from That 70s Show?"

Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:28 am

Terminator Salvation

The time travel story is so complicated and messed up, I wonder if they can even have it make sense when they finally do reach that point when time travel is possible. It's an overdone franchise which should have been put down long ago, but it's still moving for some reason.

But other than that, I enjoyed the movie and its action. They sheer doom of the machines versus humanity is ever present, though I think they tone it down sometimes to make sure the story moves forward. Whatever. BOOM! Explosions! :evil:

Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:47 am

"The Hangover" and "I Love You, Man"... freakin' hilarious movies!! Loved them.

As for the Terminator Sequels... anything post T2 is terrible... nothing can live up to the sheer awesomeness of T2.

Speaking of which, did you know that the guy who played John Connor released an album in Japan that sold very well after the success of T2?

Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:09 pm

Brazil

I'm sucker for dystopian crap. I loved it.

Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

Very dry, but funny! I had to get to seeing it sometime as my friends have been quoting it for ages.

Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:10 pm

Lee wrote:Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

Very dry, but funny! I had to get to seeing it sometime as my friends have been quoting it for ages.

Definitely a great movie. Monty Python's humor is dry British humor, it's great!

Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:03 pm

Revenge Of The Fallen

Omgthatwasfrikkinawesome,look,devestatorandhesblowingstuffupholycowravageyoudawg!

Erm.
SPOILERS.
Yeah anyway, loved it (who's shocked?) totally called the resurrection (Well, Two of the Three, Blackout was a bit of a suprise) Ravage was awesome, Soundwave got like six lines and was awesome with them, Megatron is finally the Con leader, but alas, with no matrix he isn't a Prime :( Devastator was awesome, and if he had to die I'm glad it was to a freaking Rail gun :D The Fallen was rather cool really, erm. Sideswipe rocked, Arcee was enat, the twins were actually kinda amusing, this is one heck of a run on sentence...

Yeah anyway.
WIN.

"Then I shall fight ALL OF YOU!"
You go Optimus!

Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:19 pm

Sleepy Hollow

I remember thinking this movie was probably stupid when I first herd of it...but I watched it on a whim while laying about in a hotel. This...is...awesome. Dark, creepy, magical, and mysterious. Everything you'd expect of a horror and mystery. Not only that, I'm gained inspiration in a very devious way. Oh yes...there will be good times to be had. :evil:

And I conned my friend into seeing Transformers. Going to rock. :battar:

Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:04 pm

Jacob wrote:Sleepy Hollow

When it comes to Tim Burton it's (most likely) always good. He's -such- a good director.

The other day I saw a picture of Johnny Depp dressed up as the Mad Hatter for Alice in Wonderland and I got really nervous. Then my friend Claire reminded me it's a Burton film. I'm pretty confident it'll be awesome!

Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:27 pm

Wall-e

I thought it was pretty funny and probably pixars most accurate film to date because the way we are going on earth (Don't click the spoiler if you haven't seen the film)
It looks like we will all end up ond a spaceship whilst robots are cleaning up
Topic locked