The big screen and the small screen... together at last! Hurrah!
Topic locked

Re: Last Movie You Watched & What You Thought [Split 2]

Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:36 pm

The Phantom of the Opera
I haven't read the book or watched the musical, but got bored one day and downloaded this movie. I don't think I have any thoughts either way. Listening to the music, though, I hadn't realized that I had already heard a few of the songs. That was weird.

Ever After
For the millionth time. I am unabashed in my love for this movie. ILOVEITTHANKYOUVERYMUCH.

Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:14 pm

I watched mama mia last night, It's good but I got distracted by a thunderstorm near our house -.-

Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:38 pm

lemonade wrote:I watched mama mia last night, It's good but I got distracted by a thunderstorm near our house -.-

same

Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:52 pm

Bride Wars
Stupid, ridiculous and it made me want to try a Mistic Tan. Overall it was quite a waste of my time.

The Edge of Love
Quite and interesting movie. I actually didnt find Keira Knightley or Sienna Miller annoying.
I could listen and watch Cillian Murphy all day though. That man should do an audio book or something. I ADORE his voice <3

Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:15 pm

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (rental, obviously).

I'd only seen it once, and that was in the theatres. I'd forgotten how dark it can get.

I'd also forgotten that sparkly vampire boy plays Cedric.

Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:16 am

Transformers 2

As mentioned in an earlier post, I conned my friend into seeing this when I said I would buy him a ticket. Best well spent ticket in awhile, cause that movie was a mesh of many bizarre things for awesome. There was some good. There was some wretchedly bad (placement of certain construction items on Devastator). But it made for a fun and explosive movie.

What really surprised me the most was how violent the movie was...and how it really wasn't effecting anyone as it should be. It was rated as PG-13, but this was clearly R, since shooting someone to pieces, ripping them to shreds, and many other violent acts have always been labelled as such when it's done on camera. However, when it's done to a robot, it's totally okay. Against humans? No way! But if it's an alien, insect, or anything that isn't human (even if it's in humanoid shape and cries out in pain and agony), by all means, that violence is permitted. Except when it's done to a dog, you sicko! :x

Got to love hypocrisy. In either case, it was a movie of explosions through and through. So if you like explosions, by all means dig in. What? You want logic in this movie? It's based upon plastic toys from the 80's! Stop taking things so seriously. :roll:

Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:18 pm

sadly just trailers for harry potter movies

they all looked good but totally gave you the wrong idea

Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:55 pm

Transformers 2

I wasn't a big fan, and I have more to say. But PPT broke and I don't feel like typing it all up again.

Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:16 pm

WHHHAT!! Transformers 2 was the BEST movie ever!! That scene with Megan Fox when she was stradding the bike...

Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:39 pm

Ice Age 3: Dawn Of The Dinosaurs
It was really funny especially that bit with the squirrels :lol: :lol: :lol: I could not stop laughing. I felt like my ribs were going to burst

Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:20 am

Slumdog Millionaire
I thought it was overhyped, but still a good movie nonetheless. I love Dev Patel now :P

Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:44 pm

Slumdog Millionaire was reccomended to me by a friend before all the hype started kicking in. I still haven't seen it in one sitting yet. Every time I sit down to watch it, I get distracted.

Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:09 am

Memories

Involved three anime shorts done by recognized industry greats. first one made me emotional, second made me marvel at humanities need to create weapons which just do more damage than good, and the third made me miserable for our future as a race, which seems to be turning into cannon fodder (as the name of the 3rd one). Good watch, should you get the time.

Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:32 pm

I just watched Foxfire. I got it on Netflix because Jenny Lewis is in it...I'm not a big fan of Angelina Jolie. It was good. I thought the end was bizarre, but I still liked it. I think I'm going to read the book, which I hear is much different.

Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:45 am

The Hangover
I begrudgingly saw this movie today. It was absolutely hilarious! I saw a preview for this movie some time before it came out and it didn't attract me at all. I'm glad I saw it, though. I'm also glad that there was substantially less crude jokes than I thought there would be. Loves it!
Topic locked