The big screen and the small screen... together at last! Hurrah!
Topic locked

Re: Last Movie You Watched & What You Thought [Split 2]

Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:18 am

The Devil Wears Prada
it was quite good and stuff but not as good as I had hoped after reading the book

Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:44 am

Sliding Doors

A cute little romance movie that runs with two parallel universes.

Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:32 pm

Saving Face

A love and comedy story about a female Chinese American who along with finding a female "friend", also has her mother move in with her after she's kicked out of the family home for becoming pregnant while presumably single. A touching and educational movie which combines many different aspects, so much to the point you think you're watching a foreign film rather than one made in USA. It's good to have a little culture in film! :P

Watching the Half Blood Prince later (hopefully). Looking forward to it immensely.

Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:38 am

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

There were some parts of this movie that I found much funnier than I should have (...pretty much anything Hermione said), and the cave scene was incredible (the entire audience jumped when the hand shot out of the water), and despite some setbacks (WHAT were they thinking in that opening scene?), I felt it was done very well.

Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:04 am

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

Much MUCH better then the previous few. I enjoyed it even though it did not stay true to the book throughout the entire thing. But it is to be expected when you are talking about a long book turned in to a movie.

Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:49 am

ok you guys are seiousley making me jealous I really want to go and I'm not allowed because I have been going on loads of school trips

Catch me if you can

I found it alot funnier than I thought it would be

Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:58 pm

yeah, catch me if you can is a great ride.

Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:27 pm

I have a secret crush on Leo DiCaprio, shhhh.

Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:33 am

Back on topic

Ratatouille
*sigh*AgainI have had to watch it with my little brother he loves it so much

Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:26 pm

unspecialfish wrote:I have a secret crush on Leo DiCaprio, shhhh.

Once it's on the internet it's not a secret anymore. But I promise not to tell.

Watched Derailed last night, the psychodrama with Jennifer Aniston and Clive Owen. I've seen it before, so it wasn't quite so out there, but it still freaks me out a little bit.

Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:34 pm

The latest Harry Potter flick.

The start and middle and humor were superb. The style very awesome. The ending was very abrupt.

Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:30 pm

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
I loved it, of course, but I keep making the mistake of reading the book before watching the movie, thinking it would help to refresh my memory. Then I get a little disappointed when I realize they cut tons of stuff out, which I understand (usually). I thought the girl who played Lavender Brown was spot on. I really enjoyed the humour laced throughout. I also want to give Draco a big hug.

I thought the entire cave scene looked really silly. It was like watching a movie that was literally trying to be black and white but was failing hard. It was weird. The moment between Harry and Dumbledore when Harry was feeding Dumbledore the potion was brilliant.

And kudos to Emma Watson. I have never cared much at all for the Ron/Hermione story line in the books, but I felt genuine sympathy for her in this movie. Maybe their romance won't squick me out as badly in the final movies.

Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:36 am

Regan wrote:
I thought the entire cave scene looked really silly. It was like watching a movie that was literally trying to be black and white but was failing hard. It was weird. The moment between Harry and Dumbledore when Harry was feeding Dumbledore the potion was brilliant.

And kudos to Emma Watson. I have never cared much at all for the Ron/Hermione story line in the books, but I felt genuine sympathy for her in this movie. Maybe their romance won't squick me out as badly in the final movies.

Much agreed! I wasn't too sure what to expect coming in. The girl that played Lavender (that is the character name right?) was a brilliant stalker.

Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:21 pm

Asthaloth wrote:Revenge Of The Fallen

Omgthatwasfrikkinawesome,look,devestatorandhesblowingstuffupholycowravageyoudawg!

Erm.
SPOILERS.
Yeah anyway, loved it (who's shocked?) totally called the resurrection (Well, Two of the Three, Blackout was a bit of a suprise) Ravage was awesome, Soundwave got like six lines and was awesome with them, Megatron is finally the Con leader, but alas, with no matrix he isn't a Prime :( Devastator was awesome, and if he had to die I'm glad it was to a freaking Rail gun :D The Fallen was rather cool really, erm. Sideswipe rocked, Arcee was enat, the twins were actually kinda amusing, this is one heck of a run on sentence...

Yeah anyway.
WIN.

"Then I shall fight ALL OF YOU!"
You go Optimus!

Heres the thing
That wasn't Blackout. It was Grindor. They both transform into the same chopper.

Me too. I love Transformers 2
Wheelie was a bit funny at times and was one of the best I think.

Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:29 am

Lee wrote:
Regan wrote:

Much agreed! I wasn't too sure what to expect coming in. The girl that played Lavender (that is the character name right?) was a brilliant stalker.

My friend was very upset about the whole love story. Even after we left the theater she was talking about how bad she felt for Hermione.
Topic locked