The big screen and the small screen... together at last! Hurrah!
Topic locked

2009 Fall TV Season

Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:44 am

With the pending new season on TV, what shows are you looking forward to seeing, and which shows look like they will be awful?
(I recognize this my have a lot of "US" flavor to it, but ithis thread is certainly open to anyone)

Nothing really jumps out at me yet on the new shows.

Community looks bad. Chevy Chase is someone I want to be funny, but just isn't. Maybe the irritating guy will make the show work.

Re: 2009 Fall TV Season

Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:41 pm

I was debating whether or not I should start a thread like this. Thanks for beating me to it :P

I've kinda gotten back into TV because the TV schedule and my schedule rarely worked out. Now that I've entered the world of torrents, I've discovered some really good shows.

- Glee has caught my attention. The first couple of episodes have been fun and I like the idea of a musical show. It's just that I think I'll get tired/irritated with the singing at some point.
- FlashForward looks interesting. I think I tried reading the book once but I never really got into it.
- Vampire Diaries LOL THIS IS MY QUILTY PLEASURE KTHXBYE

Returning shows:
- The Big Bang Theory I watched both seasons over the summer and I really like it. I haven't enjoyed any sitcoms since Friends and Fraser so I'm pretty stoked about this show. I also adore all of the characters, something that is rare for me.
- The Office (US) I'm steadily losing interest in this show but I can't quit it just yet.
I seriously don't like that Jim and Pam are having a baby :(

I'd just like to say goodbye to True Blood because it's ending tonight. I shall miss you over the next NINEMONTHSTHANKSHBO.

Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:53 pm

Flashforward looks good, but I don't think I'll have the time to get very invested in it.

Glee has some sort of Pushing Daisies-like quality to it, but it's the kind of show that I'd be happy to know is on tv rather than actually watching it.

I may see what Elizabeth Mitchell's up to in V...

As for returning shows, I'll have to see if House is any good after the premiere, and I'll be watching Monk as it's final season comes to a close.

Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:33 pm

I no longer have a working TV since I didn't invest in a converter box (I basically stopped watching during the writers' strike and never went back), but my apartment complex's gym has several TVs (and I have internet). Two of my sisters enjoy Big Bang Theory, and I was amused by the Rock Paper Scissors Spock sequence I saw on-line, so maybe if I need a break I'll consider watching it occasionally.

None of the other ones mentioned really sound all that interesting to me -- it's funny, but if you never see previews you don't know what you're missing.

Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:07 pm

Well, it comes back every year, but this was my facebook status a few days ago:

"footballfootballfootballfootballfootballfootballfootballfootballfootballfootball"

So there you go.

Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:31 pm

I'm all over Bones!

Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:53 am

*Dusts off this thread*

So I just got into the new Doctor Who series (reboot?). I gobbled up everything from 2005 until now and I love everything!! I'm suitably excited for the 11th doctor :D

Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:29 pm

Once january rolls around, I'll be going back into full-time Castle mode. My wife and I finally got DirecTV and its much-larger-than-our-TiVo memory...I can record the entire season, then go back and watch them in my own mini marathon!

SQUEEEEEE!

Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:18 am

I am suffering from Supernatural withdrawal. :(

Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:32 pm

Don't mock Community.
It's wonderful. <3
i just wish nbc hadn't decided to fire joel mchale :[
Topic locked