Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:16 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Fall 2013 TV Season
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:53 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Ok, so the new fall TV season is coming in a couple of weeks. Anything look good?

Of the new shows, I am looking forward to "The Goldbergs". Probably only because George Segal makes me laugh. That said, it might last only 3 or four episodes. What a pessimist.

Post subject: Re: Fall 2013 TV Season
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:27 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I watched an amazing show on PBS called "Leonardo's Dream Machines" in which engineers tried to build Leonardo da Vinci's inventions following his designs as closely as possible. It gave me chills when his flier actually flew, as well (and in some ways better) than the Wright Brothers'. He had to invent technical drawing in order to articulate his plans. And his research into the function of the heart, after rediscovery, has contributed to advances in current cardiac surgery (and they're urgently trying to get his papers retranslated by people with scientific knowledge rather than artists). It's a tragedy that over half his papers were lost.

The only other shows I watch are Jeopardy! and American Ninja Warrior (which is in the finals now).

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

Post subject: Re: Fall 2013 TV Season
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:39 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Leonardo Da Vinci was truly, truly amazing. I recently went to a museum that highlighted much of his works, ranging from art to mathematics to mechanical engineering to medical to military. He designed flying machines, cities, screw machines, kinetic devices, tanks, weapons, and even scuba gear. I agree it is a shame that a lot of his papers were lost. Some of his writings are still un-decyphered because he not only wrote backwards, he also used his own special language to help prevent people from stealing his ideas.

I love Jeopardy. Sadly, it comes on before I get home from work and watching a recording just isn't the same... Yes, I know the broadcast isn't live.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]