The big screen and the small screen... together at last! Hurrah!
Topic locked

American Idol Auditions St. Louis

Sat Aug 07, 2004 2:52 pm

My City is a zoo!!!! Dont even bother driving downtown, theres people everywhere!

Oh a happier note, several of my friends are trying out. One of them I have a very good feeling will move on. She's one of my sorority sisters who graduated from my college last year. She has the voice of an angel. She sings with out jazz band and always wows the crowd, on top of staring in musicals (she was a music major).

I've got my fingers crossed that she, or any of my friends trying out, move on!

Sat Aug 07, 2004 5:54 pm

Heheheheh. I hope your friends make it.

Sat Aug 07, 2004 5:56 pm

Ha, if only I were of age to try out...xD I doubt I would out of thousands and thousands of people in American Idol, three or four have been very successful. It'll probably be off the air or nobody will care by the time I'm old enough. Good luck to your friends!

Sat Aug 07, 2004 9:39 pm

You live in St. Louis? ME, TOO! Well, close to it anyway.

Anyway, I went to the Cardinal baseball game today and saw the place where the auditions are to be held, while I was driving there, and the place was a madhouse! I saw at least five thousand people waiting in line, and I don't even think the tryouts start until tomorrow! And no, that is NOT an exaggeration. And you know what's funny? The place where they're holding Idol auditions (the Edward Jones dome, I believe- home of the Rams- football team and I think the Blues- hockey team) has tons of people waiting in line, whereas the nearby history museum has no people in it at all. :roflol:

Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:24 pm

I've seen the footage of audition cities, and it looks crazy.
I know a girl who used to go to my school, and she has a really great voice. She plans to audition when she's 18, if the show is still around. I think she could make it at least to the 2nd round, because she sings really well.

Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:37 am

Naniwai wrote:I've seen the footage of audition cities, and it looks crazy.
I know a girl who used to go to my school, and she has a really great voice. She plans to audition when she's 18, if the show is still around. I think she could make it at least to the 2nd round, because she sings really well.

Unfortunatly for her I dont think it will be..but hey,thats a personal opinion. :P How old is she now?

Sat Sep 04, 2004 6:49 pm

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to add that we recently had auditions in my home town, (New Orleans). They were held in the Superdome. I didn't try out, but I do know that people were began lineing up at 5am and they were only allowed to enter around 6 the NEXT DAY!

Quite insane, but I do know a guy from school that made the first cut. Can't wait to watch the auditions for this season, I really think thats the best part of American Idol shows! lol hehe

Sat Sep 04, 2004 8:58 pm

Good luck to your friends then, may the force (and some talent) be with them!

Sun Sep 05, 2004 2:51 pm

Good luck to your friends! Let us know how they get on.

In the last English Pop Idol, the bloke who came second lived in my hometown and went to my old school. He lost out to Michelle McManus! *sob* We were all rooting for Mark, even though he's like a typical boy band boy...
Topic locked