The big screen and the small screen... together at last! Hurrah!
Topic locked

Joey

Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:57 am

Did anyone catch this spinoff of Friends? I saw it and I liked it. It wasn't as funny as Friends but they had some funny characters.

Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:02 am

Better than I expected. I love Joey, but I miss the rest of the friends...

Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:22 am

Originally I was going to skip this show. But then I picked up my USA Today this morning, saw that they gave Joey 3 and a half stars, and I read the pretty positive review.

So I did I end up watching it, and it was better than I thought. However, it was not as good as the review said it was. The part of the review I disagreed with the most was when they said Joey's agent had some of the best lines in the pilot.

I do like the guy who plays Joey's nephew though. He was great in Road Trip and 40 Days and 40 Nights.

Overall, it was entertaining :)

Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:21 am

I thought the pilot was hilarious. I bet the show at least lasts the entire season, if not multiple seasons. I love it.

Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:55 am

Being the biggest Friends fan ever I waited all summer for this show!
Not as good as Friends, but hey, it was only the first episode...the first episode of Friends wasnt my favourite.
I thought it was pretty good though.

Fri Sep 10, 2004 4:16 am

I'll watch it as after many years I suddenly found Friends funny. even though I doubt Joey can hold up a plotline.

Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:31 pm

I've not seen it yet but I can't wait, Joey was always my favourite "friend"

Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:42 pm

floella_de_ville wrote:I've not seen it yet but I can't wait, Joey was always my favourite "friend"

same here. :D I shall be watching Joey when its over here.

Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:07 pm

I didnt get to see it becaused i missed it :( I forgot what time it came on can anyone tell me?

Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:28 pm

I only started watching Friends about five episodes beofre the end so I'm betting the same thing will happen with Joey .

Mind you by the time it comes out here I might have changed my mind.

Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:34 pm

shortin wrote:I didnt get to see it becaused i missed it :( I forgot what time it came on can anyone tell me?

It comes on 8:00EST on Global if you're in Ontario. It came before 'The Apprentice'.

Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:37 pm

Anyone know when it's coming to England? (I'm really not used to this whole waiting for shows to come thing...)

Anyway, I'd like to see it, though I'm not expecting too much.

Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:38 pm

I'll end up watching Joey when it's on here. I'm not expecting too much though. -_-

cky182 wrote:
floella_de_ville wrote:I've not seen it yet but I can't wait, Joey was always my favourite "friend"

same here. :D I shall be watching Joey when its over here.

Fools. *waves flag saying Chandler rocks*

Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:42 pm

Cassi wrote:Anyone know when it's coming to England? (I'm really not used to this whole waiting for shows to come thing...)

Anyway, I'd like to see it, though I'm not expecting too much.

Erm...you have digital...so it'll be on E4....er, I have no idea when, but a good while before Channel 4.

Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:43 pm

ok, I just watch Joey and I think its quite good, first episodes are hard to judge but I think Joey has potentional to be a good series. :D
Topic locked