Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 7:24 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: "Do you have a Grudge...?"
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:27 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Location: ... Set By: cat1205123 - thanks for the great set! I love my Gretchen! <3
"You will on October 22..."

Wow, now there's a scary movie. I saw the trailer and I started freaking out. Its a remake of a Japanese film (Like the Ring) and it features Sarah Michelle Gellar (Buffy...).

I'm a sucker for scary movies so I NEED to see this... even though it took me a year to get over the Exorcist...

The movie's website: http://www.doyouhaveagrudge.com .... And for those people who saw the film this was based on, they're using the same actors for the spirits and stuff so theres a little bonus.

I'm never going to take the elevator, wash my hands in the sink, take a shower, or buy a house in Japan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:34 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Seems cool, although the creature (what was that?) meowing in the commercial was just odd. Not scary, but odd.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:35 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

The Japanese version is called something like
Juon: The Grudge
There's like a tv version (might be 2 of those).. that's supposed to be scarier than the movies
and then there are 2 movies Grudge 1 & 2

Anywho... I saw the movie one (japanese version).... it was alright.
It did have it's creepy moments but my brother hyped it up too much so it didn't really scare me like I'm sure it would've if I had watched it without hearing about it.

BUT... still want to see the US version even though the previews look exactly like the original.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:56 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I have mixed feelings about it. When I first saw the trailer, I thought it was the sequel to The Ring (finally). The... thing on the stairs even looked like Samara...
I just don't know... The Ring didn't impress me very much. Everyone kept talking about how scary it was... but I didn't find it scary. It left me disappointed, and now It comes on HBO so much that I'm sick of seeing it whenever I flip past.
I think I'll wait for The Grudge to be overplayed on HBO before I go spend any money on it.

Love is blindness. -- Set by my Secret Santa =D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 12:16 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

*ahem*

Ju-On was an old movie, which Japan remade, then did a sequel, and a made-for-tv sequel. (Luckily I have all three ;) ) The story for the original is a litle different than the Americanized version, in this one, I believe Buffy buys the house, while in Ju-On, a man kills his wife and young son because he is jealous of his wife's lover, a teacher from the local high school. Then, the teacher goes to investigate the absence of the boy, only to see the ghost of the boy's mother, and has a heart-attack, becoming a ghost himself. The rest of the movie is about the new tennants of the house, and the two police officers investigating the strange happenings.

And yes, the original and all the sequels have the infamous meow-scene (my favorite :battar: )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:22 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Hmm.. that's not what the movie I saw was about.. unless you were talking about the tv version or erm.. some other version?... sorta similar though

SPOILERS.... so don't read further if you don't wanna know...

The husband kills his wife and son because he thinks or knows that the wife cheated on him and the son might not be his.
Then social workers (or whatever they were) keep coming over to take care of the grandmother who was living with them... and yadda yadda yadda happens.

*shrugs* It's all good though... so long as the US version isn't exactly like the one I saw so I won't completely know what happens :P heh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:10 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Shollia wrote:
Hmm.. that's not what the movie I saw was about.. unless you were talking about the tv version or erm.. some other version?... sorta similar though

SPOILERS.... so don't read further if you don't wanna know...

The husband kills his wife and son because he thinks or knows that the wife cheated on him and the son might not be his.
Then social workers (or whatever they were) keep coming over to take care of the grandmother who was living with them... and yadda yadda yadda happens.

*shrugs* It's all good though... so long as the US version isn't exactly like the one I saw so I won't completely know what happens :P heh

I'm talking about the one made in 2000, it was a teacher, not social workers O_o

EDIT: My mistake, I was talking about Ju-On: The Curse ^^;, Ju-On: The Grudge is the one with Toshio and the socialworkers and whatnot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:56 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

halfbakedbliss wrote:
*ahem*

Ju-On was an old movie, which Japan remade, then did a sequel, and a made-for-tv sequel. (Luckily I have all three ;) ) The story for the original is a litle different than the Americanized version, in this one, I believe Buffy buys the house, while in Ju-On, a man kills his wife and young son because he is jealous of his wife's lover, a teacher from the local high school. Then, the teacher goes to investigate the absence of the boy, only to see the ghost of the boy's mother, and has a heart-attack, becoming a ghost himself. The rest of the movie is about the new tennants of the house, and the two police officers investigating the strange happenings.

And yes, the original and all the sequels have the infamous meow-scene (my favorite :battar: )

The american version is based off of the 3rd(?) in the installment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:38 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

I LOVE scary movies! I'm dying to see this one...but that thing on the stairs...*shudder* I can already see that image poppping up in my nightmares for the next year or two...even though I do find it funny that she, along with image in the mirror of the vanity, looks like Samara

<b>Set:</b><i>Crazy Demented Bunny Fae</i>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:10 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Location: PinkPT. Except when I'm not on PinkPT. No, wait. I'm confused.
I've heard a lot about it, and I really want to see it, but if its really gory, I can't. If it isn't, my moms a sucker for horror movies, so I'll wind up seeing it, just not in theaters. Scary movi plus theaters equals no-no.

Lovely set by the equally lovely Silja!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 4:18 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: Outside on your boulevarde scaring small children. Um... or in Illinois.
I believe there is no gore in this movie at all, at least that's what Sarah Michelle Gellar ( <3 ) said on Regis and Kelly (or one of those other morning shows) It's supposed to be spooky in a non-gory and non-in-your-face kind of way unlike most movies, very much like "The Ring" was.
Since horror is what I grew up with, I REALLy want to see this movie.

CLICK IT!
Thanks to Laq. :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:36 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I ran across this today on IMDB.... As much as I love horror movies, I always end up having nightmares on the following nights.
What I thought was freaky was the thing that was on the back of Sarah Gellers head when she was in the shower, does anyone know what that was suppost to be?

~Set by moogie~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 9:22 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Kugetsu wrote:
I believe there is no gore in this movie at all, at least that's what Sarah Michelle Gellar ( <3 ) said on Regis and Kelly (or one of those other morning shows) It's supposed to be spooky in a non-gory and non-in-your-face kind of way unlike most movies, very much like "The Ring" was.
Since horror is what I grew up with, I REALLy want to see this movie.

The original Ju-On did get by without a drop of blood, and managed to scare me to death.

EDIT: In the original, a hand is placed on the person in the shower, not coming out of her head, so I have no clue o_o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:52 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I just went and saw it and BOY did it scare me alot more than the Japanese version I saw.
It's basically the same with a few changes and a few added things here and there.

And don't believe what you've heard about gore.
Although there isn't much of it... there's still some.

And just a side note for all of you teenagers.... for the love of god.. don't talk during the movie!
Now I know most teens don't do this.. but just in case you do.... be considerate of other people in the movie theater and shut your trap!
((if you couldn't guess... there were some extremely loud annoying teens in the theater when I saw it who were making idiotic comments and laughing and just being annoying as heck))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:14 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Okay, I'm like the most scardiest person when it comes to horror movies but this one just seems really corney to me for some reason. Parts of the trailor freaked me out but the plot of the movie just seems blah.

Lovely Set By _jaye_

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next