Discuss music in any form from rock bands to Britney Spears' latest VMA performance. It's all good!
Topic locked

Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:46 am

See, I remember her saying "I'm not punk" numerous times. I guess it's the preteens who don't even know what punk is but say "OMG SHE WEARS STUFF FROM HOT TOPIC SO SHE'S PUNK RAWX0RZ."

Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:45 pm

*Hates Avril Lavigne for reasons that are entirely convoluted and personal*
And yes. Spouse stealing = trampy.

Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:11 am

omg omg i just heard the mandarin version of the girlfriend
and its HILARIOUS, OMG i cant stop laughing

ahahahahahahaha!!!

Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:46 am

I think she sold out which is really a shame!

Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:49 am

Mandarin? Link or ban.

Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:47 pm

I like a few of her songs. Don't think she can actually sing though...her voice in concert, well, it sucks. But on CDs she sounds alright.

Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:43 am

Kym wrote:Mandarin? Link or ban.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tkLftvGzDLc

Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:07 pm

Her new song "girlfriend", is kind of annoying I think. but then again I've always found her songs a little annoying.

GAG

Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:22 am

Quite frankly, Girlfriend SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!! I wuffed Keep Holding On and My Happy Ending but now its like HEY HEY YOU YOU I DONT LIKE YOUR GIRLFRIEND NO WAY NO WAY I THINK YOU NEED A NEW ONE, and shes gone blond. Posing Loser. Gah :loser:

Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:14 pm

I think radio stations are trying to hype her up because she hasn't released anything in a while.
Of course, I don't know about other areas, but My Happy Ending got played half to death here.

Sadly, what everyone fails to realise is she may also be a good actor. Case in point, Butch Walker's Bethamphetamine (Pretty Pretty) video, and maybe Over the Hedge as well.
(I'm sorry for the timing on the video -- it did it for everyone else too)

As for Girlfriend...I think I want to throw my radio out the window every time I hear that song. XD

Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:09 am

I just heard 30 seconds preview of her album, and I really hate it.

The whole album seems like it was put together in two days.

Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:58 am

Ammer wrote:I just heard 30 seconds preview of her album, and I really hate it.

The whole album seems like it was put together in two days.

Agreed. I sort of like "When You're Gone" but other than that...wow, it's pretty bad. I may listen to it when it leaks because sometimes I hate albums when I first listen to them, but I don't think I'll buy it.

I kind of like the song "Alone" which is a b-side on the Girlfriend single.

Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:15 pm

____amanda wrote:I think the marriage suited her. She became more of a girl and didn't resort to wearing men's ties anymore. I watched the video yesturday morning and it was just a fun song :)

Heyyy I wear ties. loll xD
And around the school some people say stuff like ''Avril Lavigne style, huh?'' when I pass by with a tie. loll
I only like my tie. xD;; I can still be very girly. loll (Ok, just not every day, I can be masculine as well. xD)

Well yeah, she changed a lot, explored new stuff... And she became more of a girl, but yeah, that also means she will get new people to like her music and lose fans that dont like the change. That just comes with everything else. Its a personal choice, it's like she likes it, she probably doesnt do that for the people, but for herself.

Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:49 am

Shakira_Shoyru wrote:
____amanda wrote:I think the marriage suited her. She became more of a girl and didn't resort to wearing men's ties anymore. I watched the video yesturday morning and it was just a fun song :)

Heyyy I wear ties. loll xD
And around the school some people say stuff like ''Avril Lavigne style, huh?'' when I pass by with a tie. loll
I only like my tie. xD;; I can still be very girly. loll (Ok, just not every day, I can be masculine as well. xD)

Well yeah, she changed a lot, explored new stuff... And she became more of a girl, but yeah, that also means she will get new people to like her music and lose fans that dont like the change. That just comes with everything else. Its a personal choice, it's like she likes it, she probably doesnt do that for the people, but for herself.

I'm all up for this girly change, but make an album that's good. You can write goofy songs like "Girlfriend" but I mean, try putting effort into all the songs rather than just a few (Who end up being singles anyways).
Last edited by Ammer on Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:34 pm

The album leaked. I downloaded it just to give it a try again and I'm still not impressed. I like When You're Gone (which is supposedly the next single) and Innocence though. Other than those songs and the singles, the rest of the album is just mediocre at best.
Topic locked