Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 1:17 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Norah Jones
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 1:36 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Who likes Norah? I downloaded her song,"Come Away with Me" (It was free cause I got a code thing from a Pepsi) and I thought she was okay..after I looked more into her songs and stuff,I bought her album today,and it is very good. Some songs seem the same,but she has quite a bit of talent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:25 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: Politically Sanitized, Non-Jim-Slappable Location. La Button par _jaye_
I'm not a huge fan, but I do respect her SO much more than you're average pop singer

Ex. Look at me, I can almost sing, but I'm also nearly naked!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:27 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I haven't heard much of her music, but she has a very nice voice and yeah, she's much easier to respect than most modern pop stars.

Read Fast Food Nation by Eric Schlosser.
Watch Love Actually.
Listen to 80s and 90s streaming audio

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 1:37 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Yes, I quite like her, some of her songs are a bit samey, but she's pretty good. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 2:01 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Pfft, I get sick of all the hype Joss stone and Norah get just because their voices sound off. Joss Stone, to me, sounds like she is physically struggling to sing and has something wrong with her sinuses. Norah uses clever psychological mind melting methods that fool us into thinking that no, she isnt singing the same song differently, she is singing many different songs and her " bestsensational debut album of the year..ever" CD is the most amazing thing ever, and that she's the first person to sing like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 3:14 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

i like norah jones, she has a nice voice!

though i do liked Joss Stone's cover from the white stripes' "fell in love with a girl" very nice :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:10 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

coming2atvnearu wrote:
I'm not a huge fan, but I do respect her SO much more than you're average pop singer

Same here. She's very inoffensive, and her tunes are alright...not really my thing...kind of jazz/bluesy, but I prefer mine more upbeat. But she can sing in tune, play an instrument well, and write decently, so I respect her a lot ^^

Joss Stone...well...i don't like her!
I hate how everyone says she has such an 'old' voice...it's not, really. It's just more throaty than the usual pop rubbish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 2:22 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Skullsplitter wrote:
Pfft, I get sick of all the hype Joss stone and Norah get just because their voices sound off. Joss Stone, to me, sounds like she is physically struggling to sing and has something wrong with her sinuses. Norah uses clever psychological mind melting methods that fool us into thinking that no, she isnt singing the same song differently, she is singing many different songs and her " bestsensational debut album of the year..ever" CD is the most amazing thing ever, and that she's the first person to sing like that.

Man. Is it illigal to like Norah? At any rate, try having some respect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 2:29 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I happen to love her first album "Come Away With Me." Sure some of the tunes sound the same, but the songs are still great. I know she's not the only person who can sing like that, but her voice is really good. I like her lyrics and I love her song "Seven Years." It's an album that I can listen to when I want peace or want to relax. I usually listen to it to take a nice nap =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 12:22 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Kitten Medli wrote:
Skullsplitter wrote:

Man. Is it illigal to like Norah? At any rate, try having some respect.

Is it illegal to not like Norah?

I think she's okay, but not the best.

the greatest love story never told.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 12:24 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Igg wrote:
coming2atvnearu wrote:

Same here. She's very inoffensive, and her tunes are alright...not really my thing...kind of jazz/bluesy, but I prefer mine more upbeat. But she can sing in tune, play an instrument well, and write decently, so I respect her a lot ^^

I hate how everyone says she has such an 'old' voice...it's not, really. It's just more throaty than the usual pop rubbish.

Too much hype surrounding Joss Stone. She's really not that great. -_-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 1:37 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

i_love_starburst wrote:
Igg wrote:
coming2atvnearu wrote:

Too much hype surrounding Joss Stone. She's really not that great. -_-

I know...blergh...
Too much hype around everyone, though :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 5:12 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I love norah jones. But i'm a bit embarressed cause i'm a guy. I mostly listen to like grunge and rock and stuff. But she's a nice change

Mood:Sleepy x.x
Song of the Week:Ocean Breathes salty-By Modest Mouse

thank you vkceankraz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 5:52 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Norsh isn't all that bad at all. However, the video they made for the song, Sunrise scares me. She has a nice voice and she keeps her clothes on, I respect her for that.

As for Joss Stone, I've only heard that one cover of hers. Now, to see if she can write her own stuff--Then I'd decide whether I like her or not.

generally unimpressed. Koku.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 6:14 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

i_love_starburst wrote:
Yes, I quite like her, some of her songs are a bit samey, but she's pretty good. :D

I like Sunrise...but yes, Joss Stone and Nora Jones get too much hype. They're good singers, just not great ones .*shrugs* I hath spoken. :D

otherwise known as the one who left PPT...and now lurks. *evil laughter*

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next