Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 5:33 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:48 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

They Might Be Giants.

My brother got me into this one by asking for a Cd for his birthday. I gave him a 52 song compilation and got myself hooked. They've been around since roughly the 80s, I think, but they did a couple theme songs (Malcolm in the Middle, for one). They did the song "Istanbul(Not Constantinople)" and "Birdhouse in Your Soul." What other band has songs from "Mammal" to "The Statue Got Me High" to "Exquisite Dead Guy" to "Why Does The Sun Shine? (The Sun Is a Mass of Incandescent Gas) "? They're apparently also Terry Pratchett's favorite band, and have been parodied as We're Certainly Dwarfs.

And my mom even likes them.

Edit: I suppose I should comment on what they sound like. Most of the songs are in a general pop-rock style, but it varies from metal to some pretty experimental stuff.

It's a smart duck....watch it do math..........o.0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:43 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Miyavi

The fact he produces, writes, and plays guitar for his songs is just a feat by itself. His lyrics are enchanting, catchy, and just watching him parade on stage and accidentally giggle towards the end of a song is priceless.

Genre: jROCK
<3

"If music is the universal language, then it doesn't matter what language it's in."
*Previous Supporter of; Krawk Island, Brightvale

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:39 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Smart Duck wrote:
They Might Be Giants.

My brother got me into this one by asking for a Cd for his birthday. I gave him a 52 song compilation and got myself hooked. They've been around since roughly the 80s, I think, but they did a couple theme songs (Malcolm in the Middle, for one). They did the song "Istanbul(Not Constantinople)" and "Birdhouse in Your Soul." What other band has songs from "Mammal" to "The Statue Got Me High" to "Exquisite Dead Guy" to "Why Does The Sun Shine? (The Sun Is a Mass of Incandescent Gas) "? They're apparently also Terry Pratchett's favorite band, and have been parodied as We're Certainly Dwarfs.

And my mom even likes them.

Edit: I suppose I should comment on what they sound like. Most of the songs are in a general pop-rock style, but it varies from metal to some pretty experimental stuff.

They are quite spectacular, I would have to say. I highly recommend "Man, It's So Loud in Here" by them, for some fun catchy dance-type music.

Let's see.

Andrew Bird. He's like... man, I don't even know what you would call him. Indie, I suppose, or something like it. He has some pretty catchy songs. I really like "Fake Palindromes", "Skin Is, My" and "Lull". There's also Andrew Bird's Bowl of Fire, which is the same guy, but I think it's his older music (someone may need to correct me on all this, I'm going mainly from memory here as I'm too lazy to do any research or anything, haha.) From what I've heard, it's mostly swing and jazz revival-type stuff. It's pretty cool. I really like "Candy Shop", "Eugene", "Ides of Swing", and "Minor Stab".

Belle and Sebastian is also pretty awesome (I don't think anyone has mentioned them before this.) They're one of my favorite indie-pop bands, and they've got a lot of catchy songs as well. I highly recommend "White Collar Boy", "We Are the Sleepyheads", "Step Into My Office Baby", and "The Boy with the Arab Strap".

I'm definitely going to list some more later, when it's not 1:30 AM and I'm falling asleep at my keyboard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:57 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

The Appleseed Cast
Just an amazing band which never sounds the same way twice. I need to word this right: They have songs like Innocent Vigilant Ordinary which you can listen to so many times and get so much out of.

They have this one song called "Fishing the Sky" which still makes me giddy.

Wiki'd

generally unimpressed. Koku.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:58 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Apricus wrote:
Andrew Bird. He's like... man, I don't even know what you would call him. Indie, I suppose, or something like it. He has some pretty catchy songs. I really like "Fake Palindromes", "Skin Is, My" and "Lull". There's also Andrew Bird's Bowl of Fire, which is the same guy, but I think it's his older music (someone may need to correct me on all this, I'm going mainly from memory here as I'm too lazy to do any research or anything, haha.) From what I've heard, it's mostly swing and jazz revival-type stuff. It's pretty cool. I really like "Candy Shop", "Eugene", "Ides of Swing", and "Minor Stab".

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH. Andrew Bird. Amazing guy.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6