Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 11:28 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Most hated/disliked songs from an artist you like?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:40 am 

There's always atleast one. Your favorite band/singer/other? on the entire planet, who put out wonderful song after song after song. Bt then you stumble across that one song that just makes you cringe and ask "what were you thinking?!"

Doesn't have to be your FAVORITE, just a band you enjoy more often than not.

I'll start off with Nirvana. The song; Tourettes. I'm not one of those people who go around praising Kurt Cobain to no end, although I do enjoy 95% of the songs he has written. This song, isn't one of them. I'm sure there's some other meaning behind it, but it's really just an unpleasant song to listen to, lyrics being screamed so incoherently, I can't make out a single word.

Ultimate Goal #1: Maraquan Grarrl
% of funding needed: 9% ...slowly getting there

photinus_pyralis...that's me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:53 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I've been a fan of Linkin Park for going on five or six years now. But when I heard some of their remixes on Reanimation, I just wanted to plug my ears and hide. They don't need a rapper(s) to make them sound better and plug them into other genres, they've already got Mike who is all the hip hop they need.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:21 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Orgy has been my favorite since their cover of Blue Monday hit MTV all those years ago. ('97, '98?) but I cant bear to listen to a few songs on their Punk Statik Paranoia cd. They had a really great, unique sound on their first two albums, and some of that carries over to PSP. But when they added mediocre pseudo-rapping and a bland rock sound, it really left me cold.

Orgy was a better band than that. If you listen to a song like Platinum from their first album, and compare it to Beautiful Disgrace from Punk Statik Paranoia, you just have to wonder what the heck they were thinking. The newer songs like Beautiful Disgrace and Ashamed also seem to have lost that gorgeous cyber-fairytale feel that the earlier ones had. Even the titles are lazy and trite. What happened to good songs like Opticon, Dramatica, Stitches, and Fiction (Dreams in Digital)?

Leave Me Out, Beautiful Disgrace, and Ashamed are three that almost make me embarrassed to announce that Im an Orgy fan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:33 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Oh, Orgy's Blue Monday cover is pretty good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:10 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

"New Thing"- Fuel
"January Friend"- Goo Goo Dolls

the greatest love story never told.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:02 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Kelly Clarkson's first album.

Of course I didn't buy it (Got the second one), but I disliked her when she came out and the only songs from that record which were good were "Miss Independent" and perhaps "Low".

Set by Medli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:57 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

My favorite favorite singer has absolutely no songs I can't stand, so I'll go with my second favorite:

Living In Your Eyes - L'arc-en-Ciel

So pay the price and close your eyes and play the game then I'll make you cry...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:54 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Well they are far from my favourite band but i really like Underoaths new CD. Their previous albums are all rubbish though. Its weird how I like their new work and hate their old stuff. Usually bands in the hardcore scene become pregressivly worse. They make calmer and calmer music until its not even who they were anymore. I'm not saying calm music is bad though. I'm just saying bands become something else..underoath became something better.

IDB Supermod and Rater

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:46 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Ammer wrote:
Kelly Clarkson's first album.

Of course I didn't buy it (Got the second one), but I disliked her when she came out and the only songs from that record which were good were "Miss Independent" and perhaps "Low".

I liked it, but it didn't really show off her voice as well as it could have. Breakaway was a much better album though.

I love John Mayer, but I absolutely hate the song "Your Body is a Wonderland." It's so stupid and cheesy.

"I'm not superstitious, but I'm a little stitious."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:36 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Well, I like all of the songs by my most favorite band Coldplay. Some of the songs are kind of off in my opinion, but none are really bad.

As for other artists I like... I don't like Believe Me Natalie by The Killers. I like all of their other songs, but this one... I dunno, it doesn't have a good sound and beat I guess.

Speculation Central - Thinking about the future... Today!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:46 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Lose Urself by Family Force 5. I just...don't like it. Another one that I didn't like was Put Ur Hands Up, but I think I'm starting to enjoy that one. It's a fun one to just sing out loud too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:55 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Maddening Shroud- Frou Frou.

The Members of Frou Frou were both in band called Acacia, which did the AMAZING original version of the song. While I adore the Acacia version to death, I cant stand the Frou Frou verison.

StealthStealthStealth

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:31 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I have a new song to add. The Killer's Where the White Boys Dance, which is a bonus track on their new album Sam's Town if you pre-ordered it via iTunes.

Seriously, this song not only has a ridiculous title, but it also has a horrible beat and flow. Bleh.

Speculation Central - Thinking about the future... Today!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:38 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Chicken Noodle Soup - Young B & DJ Webstar

Seriously, I can't even being to type how I feel about this song, Ihave no respect for the people who make this kind of music, I hate it.

President of the Sugarinii/Tasha fan club.
Sugarinii's soulmate... since 1991!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:18 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

As you know (or SHOULD know) I quite like Kutless but their screamo songs make me want to go in a corner and pee myself.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next