Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 4:25 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Angels don't deserve hell - 2 versions.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:19 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Well might as well ;)

My band is moving forwards at a rapid pace. Although our myspace doesn't have anything worth listening too because the quality, recording and everything is mediocre, you still get a good idea of what the song is supposed to be.

I'm posting this because we have 2 videos of the same song, one acoustic and one live metalcore screaming version. I wanted to show you guys both versions to see what you think =)

Acoustic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgWPWWsfz8w

Live
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FskLeC8gpow

and our myspace (which still needs work. If anyone is willing to help us with it, contact me.)

http://www.myspace.com/insurrection34

IDB Supermod and Rater

Last edited by benladesh on Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Angels don't deserve hell - 2 versions.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:02 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I really like the acoustic video, real talent!

I'm not a big fan of screamo (Is that the term for it?) but I can tolerate your band. Good start :)

Set by Medli

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:10 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

its not screamo. Its a melodic Metalcore but then thats just confusing the matter. xD i don't really mind of people make mistakes with the genre because are so many different things out there these days that it gets real confusing.

ADDH is our calmer song (aside from acoustic songs) We try to always mix some melody in our music even if its really hard and screaming a lot.

IDB Supermod and Rater

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:31 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

benladesh wrote:
ADDH is our calmer song (aside from acoustic songs) We try to always mix some melody in our music even if its really hard and screaming a lot.

Have you tried having a song with just singing? I think if this song was sung rather than screamed, it'd sound calmer (The screaming doesn't give off the 'calm' feeling). I'm not trying to bash your musical style, just a suggestion.

Set by Medli

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:16 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Well thats why the acoustic version is there. To show the singing side of the song. Quite honestly singing is not my forte, I am a much better screamer then singer. That being said when i have a cold or a sore throat i sing the song. It doesn't have the same effect. The problem with the video is that you don't hear the distortion guitar and drums much. When I scream the drums bash so it fits much much more.

Thanks for the suggestion and listening. We have more then one acoustic song though, some songs with more singing, some with piano. etc They just arn't on our myspace but they are written and ready for cd ;) some are 100% singing.
We try to cover the most ground possible. We mix hardcore and calm together so sometimes we go to one extreme or the other, generally we stay inbetween tho ;)

IDB Supermod and Rater

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:36 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

It's not exactly my style, but I think you guys have some potential. And kudos to whoever did the light show on the live vesion. ;)

"A lot of people run a race to see who is fastest. I run to see who has the most guts." - Steve Prefontaine

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:26 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

The lights were really good. Esspecially since the person had never heard our song before. The person had to do the lights for all the performances and they were all different styles.

IDB Supermod and Rater

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]