Discuss music in any form from rock bands to Britney Spears' latest VMA performance. It's all good!
Topic locked

nightwish

Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:44 am

anybody into their new album with annette?

Re: nightwish

Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:21 am

*tacklehug* I love it!
*runs off to listen to Amaranth for the 5437896th time*

Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:20 pm

But of course.
I find it lovely.

Helena wrote:*runs off to listen to Amaranth for the 5437896th time*

*listens in* :P

Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:13 am

lol i love the song eva

i also bought tarjas new album my winter storm, its pretty good

i find it funny how nightwish made a song for tarja "bye bye beautiful" and tarja made a song for nightwish "i walk alone"

Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:43 am

Tsukasahminaki wrote:i find it funny how nightwish made a song for tarja "bye bye beautiful" and tarja made a song for nightwish "i walk alone"

Lol yeah I found that quite cool. Tarja is good, but Annette is at least that good.

Xerophyte wrote:
Helena wrote:*runs off to listen to Amaranth for the 5437896th time*

*listens in* :P

*plays album on huge giant stereo*

Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:31 am

I like them; I love "She Is My Sin" but the new Nightwish stuff is a bit blah.

I didn't really listen to a lot of their old stuff, but the one's I listened to were good. But the new stuff isn't as good, probably because Tarja's departure.

But I do like her song "I Walk Alone"; I used to listen to it 24/7 way back in October-ish (I think). Really good song and video.

Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:46 am

i wish she used different make up in the video, it was okay, but still

Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:50 pm

I admit I don't like the Anette stuff as much as the Tarja stuff (especially the most recent Tarja albums, Century Child and Once). Tarja's vocals had this way of completely transcending the instrumentals that I've never seen in any other metal singer. (Sharon den Adel does something similar, but Within Temptation isn't quite a metal band.) Anette is very good, but she doesn't do that.

But the songwriting is good as ever :) It's still very good music.

Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:57 pm

yah the thing about annette is that she doesnt have that much passion in her voice

Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:36 pm

Tsukasahminaki wrote:yah the thing about annette is that she doesnt have that much passion in her voice

True. Annette is good and she suits the rock/metal style, but Tarja had more emotion. They're both different, but good.
Topic locked