Discuss music in any form from rock bands to Britney Spears' latest VMA performance. It's all good!
Topic locked

Wed Jul 28, 2004 12:27 am

robot wrote:Actually, The Darkness is nothing compared to Queen. ;P

Amen.

Now, if anyone hasn't heard and/or doesn't like Queen, go here:

http://launch.yahoo.com/artist/default.asp?artistID=1021815

Listen to Bohemian Rhapsody. It's REALLY long, but amazing.

And I wouldn't watch the video. Just listen.

Wed Jul 28, 2004 12:33 am

shapu wrote:This will be perhaps the greatest rock-oriented musical not named "Rent" ever, just because of the music.

That's correct, because Rent would beat it with La Vie Boheme.
And I hope Roger Waters comes through with his Broadway show of The Wall. It's been on and off of the drawing board for a long time. And Drama Queen, five or so minutes isn't really that long. :roll:

Wed Jul 28, 2004 12:40 am

halfbakedbliss wrote:
shapu wrote:This will be perhaps the greatest rock-oriented musical not named "Rent" ever, just because of the music.

That's correct, because Rent would beat it with La Vie Boheme.
And I hope Roger Waters comes through with his Broadway show of The Wall. It's been on and off of the drawing board for a long time. And Drama Queen, five or so minutes isn't really that long. :roll:

It's actually about 5 minutes and 33 seconds...and compared to the crappy pop music today (2 or 3 minutes tops), this is pretty long. And I can refer to this song as "the really long Queen song" to anyone (I already have) and they'll know what I'm talking about. :roll:

Wed Jul 28, 2004 1:39 am

floella_de_ville wrote:Well I can't stand Queen and I don't think that the Darkness are like Queen.

if you dont like queen well then you suck

Wed Jul 28, 2004 4:16 am

IIRC, the video for Bohemian Rhapsody is 6:10. Not sure, though.

Wed Jul 28, 2004 12:26 pm

robot wrote:Gah, how can you not know who Queen is? Yet alone not have heard one of their songs.. >.< {Although, this isn't as bad as the child who tried to convince me that Queen was stealing The Darkness' style. o.O}

That's just wrong. Deeply wrong.

Wed Jul 28, 2004 12:33 pm

Jo wrote:
robot wrote:Gah, how can you not know who Queen is? Yet alone not have heard one of their songs.. >.< {Although, this isn't as bad as the child who tried to convince me that Queen was stealing The Darkness' style. o.O}

I agree...saying that should be a sin. A very, very horrible sin.

floella_de_ville wrote:
Well I can't stand Queen and I don't think that the Darkness are like Queen.

No, it just means they have a different opinion.

Wed Jul 28, 2004 7:57 pm

Drama Queen wrote:
Jo wrote:

I agree...saying that should be a sin. A very, very horrible sin.

floella_de_ville wrote:

fine how about an opinion that sucks?

Thu Jul 29, 2004 8:00 am

I thought this song was great in A Knites Tale

Thu Jul 29, 2004 8:14 am

Angus Young wrote:
Drama Queen wrote:No, it just means they have a different opinion.

If you ask me you shouldnt say things like that.No ones opinion sucks. Someone could come along and say your opinion sucks,would you like it? You could just shrug it off,but is it nice? I think not.
Last edited by Kitten Medli on Thu Jul 29, 2004 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jul 29, 2004 8:33 am

Angus Young wrote:
Drama Queen wrote:
Angus Young wrote:

floella_de_ville wrote:

Excuse me but just because I don't have the same opinion as you it doesn't mean it's wrong.
Not everybody has to like the same things as you.

Thu Jul 29, 2004 9:49 am

Guys, just drop it please, or I'll just lock the topic. Take your arguments elsewhere.

Thu Jul 29, 2004 9:57 am

Igg wrote:Guys, just drop it please, or I'll just lock the topic. Take your arguments elsewhere.

I never meant fuel an argument. Sorry.

Thu Jul 29, 2004 12:38 pm

Okay, so, I went to see it last night, and I had a real good time in London, and a lovely meal. Our seats were brilliant, in the raised circle, and I was really looking forward to it.

There was a bit of a roudy audience, however, and two rows behind us, there were people who wouldn't stop laughing, and to our left, there were people who sang along, still, it didn't stop me from enjoying it.

Now, onto the music. It is brilliant music, and the signers were brilliant and had a very strong voice. The male lead was a bit over-gesticulate, and had a bit of a weird accent, that sounded forced, but still all the people were brilliant, especially Scaramoosh.

Queen are a brilliant band, and there songs are brilliant, and I like them, still sitting right in front of a massive speaker isn't precisely a... painless experience. Still, I had a brilliant time, still, I prefer other musicals I've seen, not because I don't like Queen, but because I like the other kind of music better.

Mon Aug 02, 2004 5:47 pm

Queen Rocks!!! They had the greatest frontman EVER!!!
Topic locked