Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 1:04 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:44 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Koku was referring to Nami Tamaki. ;P

Koku : Yes! Glared! They were a bit angry because I didn't want to buy their cd. The PR people glared more than the band members, though. They would point at the CDs, pick them up, wave them about, and then stare at you as if you were evil for not wanting the beautifully overpriced piece of plastic they were holding. Now, I don't dislike L'arc En Ciel, but the CD was nearly thirty dollars. >.<
I don't really remember what she sang. I didn't know much about her and it was hard to hear sometimes. The people in the room were quite loud and they overpowered her at times.

I really want to get Tommy February6's cd.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:17 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Can you listen to J-pop in the states?

Lovely Set By _jaye_

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:21 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Why wouldn't you be able to? I listen to J-Pop...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:23 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

shortin wrote:
Can you listen to J-pop in the states?

Of course! You can listen to all sorts of music everywhere.

Time stops for no one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:17 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I like Ayu and Hikaru Utada :).

vortex |myspace |dART

Image<-- By Silja

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:34 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Hmmm..okay. Anyone have some good,clean Animes to try? I'll be willing to get back in the groove if they are good. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:50 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
I currently have an obsession with a song called 'Super Shooter' by Rip Slyme, a short version of it was the opening theme for Gantz (A very insane bloody gorey weird anime). I have yet to find more I like as I don't know what to look for. Maybe I should jsut use the recomendations from all those Newtype USAs I have...

Medli, lets see, good animes without blood and gore, violence, nudity, adult themes, swearing...etc (You sort of just cut out 90% of everything I like :P)

Is Magic ok?

Otherwise not a single thing in my 200gb of the stuff fit the description...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:30 am 

I used to listen to a lot of J-Pop (because of Final Fantasy) but not anymore, eventhough I understand some of it. I still like it, but not as much as before. I have songs from Utada Hikaru, Ayumi Hamasaki, Noriko Sakai, Koda Kumi, Yuko Sasaki and Fukuyama Masaharu.

What I don't get is that why do so many people listen to J-Pop but bearly any one likes C-Pop (Chinese pop). C-Pop is basically the only music I listen to now. I like C-Pop probably because I can understand it, but I bet most of you don't understand Japanese, so why not listen to another language you can't understand :P? What makes J-Pop so great compared to C-Pop?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:40 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Lenne wrote:
I used to listen to a lot of J-Pop (because of Final Fantasy) but not anymore, eventhough I understand some of it. I still like it, but not as much as before. I have songs from Utada Hikaru, Ayumi Hamasaki, Noriko Sakai, Koda Kumi, Yuko Sasaki and Fukuyama Masaharu.

What I don't get is that why do so many people listen to J-Pop but bearly any one likes C-Pop (Chinese pop). C-Pop is basically the only music I listen to now. I like C-Pop probably because I can understand it, but I bet most of you don't understand Japanese, so why not listen to another language you can't understand :P? What makes J-Pop so great compared to C-Pop?

Quite simple, after so much Japanese stuff I find that listening to Chinese stuff isnt the same/hurts ears :P

Though there are a few I like...

Last edited by Christopher on Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:40 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Maybe a little magic..depends,really. Hit me with anything you got left.

I've heard a little C-pop too. Thats also very nice. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:52 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Lets see here:

Perhaps .Hack//sign would be good, its a show about an online game that has trapped a childs mind in it (not as horrible as that sounds though), not too much violence.

Angelic layer probably squeezes into your tight boundry, Its about a game where 'Dolls' are used to battle each other. Some humour, some violence.

Midori no Hibi is very very funny, though it contains perhaps too much nudity for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 6:56 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Christopher wrote:
Lets see here:

Perhaps .Hack//sign would be good, its a show about an online game that has trapped a childs mind in it (not as horrible as that sounds though), not too much violence.

Angelic layer probably squeezes into your tight boundry, Its about a game where 'Dolls' are used to battle each other. Some humour, some violence.

Midori no Hibi is very very funny, though it contains perhaps too much nudity for you.

I've always had a slight intrest in Angelic Layer. Sounds kind of intresting..I'll check it out. Thank you!

EDIT: Checked it out a little. Not to sure,although I might change my mind.

Last edited by Kitten Medli on Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 6:56 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Lenne wrote:

I think with all of the Japanese trends that are circulating through what seems like an underestimated "clique", it makes it a lot easier to be exposed to Japanese music.
When I was in high school I had quite a few Korean friends and so I was exposed to a lot of great Korean pop music as well as Japanese music. Sadly, however, I haven't had the chance to hear any C-Pop. I would love to hear some, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:20 am 

Christopher wrote:
Quite simple, after so much Japanese stuff I find that listening to Chinese stuff isnt the same/hurts ears :P

Though there are a few I like...

Hurts your ears? You're sure you're not talking about the opera right? That stuff kills my ears :P. Maybe you're not listening to very good artists. There are a few HK artists that just can't sing...

robot wrote:
I think with all of the Japanese trends that are circulating through what seems like an underestimated "clique", it makes it a lot easier to be exposed to Japanese music.
When I was in high school I had quite a few Korean friends and so I was exposed to a lot of great Korean pop music as well as Japanese music. Sadly, however, I haven't had the chance to hear any C-Pop. I would love to hear some, though.

I guess that's true. With anime and all these Japanese games around, It's hard not to get exposed to Japanese music. There are so many people in my school who listen to J-Pop and bearly any who listen to C-Pop. If you like, I can recommend some C-Pop singers (some sing in Japanese and english too) that I listen to or even send you some (I have tons :D).

---
Back on topic. It seems like a lot of J-Pop songs are fast songs. I don't think I've ever heard a really slow J-Pop song. Maybe because I haven't heard enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:27 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Let's see. I think Utada's First Love is the best J-pop song I've ever heard.BoA is not bad too. (The site is in Japanese though)
I don't know many J-pop artistes, I don't often listen to them.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next