Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 6:58 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
 Post subject: upcoming nfl season!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 4:53 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

ok so preseason is among us and its good to see football back in action :D tho i have yet to see any of my teams play a preseason game yet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:09 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

My hometown team, the Dallas Cowboys, play at nine central tonight against Arizona. :)

I'm really looking forward to seeing how well they do in the expected 3-4 defense. That formation gives Parcells the possibility to drop eight guys back in pass coverage, something they got burned in last year (most notably the Monday night game vs. Philadelphia and last year's opener against the Vikings).

I'm also looking forward to seeing Demarcus Ware in action. Parcells related that guy to Lawrence Taylor, so there's obviously high expectations.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:21 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Universal Senja wrote:
My hometown team, the Dallas Cowboys, play at nine central tonight against Arizona. :)

I'm really looking forward to seeing how well they do in the expected 3-4 defense. That formation gives Parcells the possibility to drop eight guys back in pass coverage, something they got burned in last year (most notably the Monday night game vs. Philadelphia and last year's opener against the Vikings).

I'm also looking forward to seeing Demarcus Ware in action. Parcells related that guy to Lawrence Taylor, so there's obviously high expectations.

dallas cowboys? :o were rivals! heh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:58 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

As a Dolphins fan, I don't want to get too excited cause I don't want to be disappointed, but I still can't wait to see them in a real NFL game instead of preseason. They've lost a few key players on defense but got some young guys that could step up and hopefully play well in Saban's new defense. On offense, they have all the tools they need except for at the most important position, quarterback. I'm really interested in seeing how Scott Linehan (offensive coordinator) takes advantage of having both Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown in the backfield.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:49 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

FrankieG wrote:
As a Dolphins fan, I don't want to get too excited cause I don't want to be disappointed, but I still can't wait to see them in a real NFL game instead of preseason. They've lost a few key players on defense but got some young guys that could step up and hopefully play well in Saban's new defense. On offense, they have all the tools they need except for at the most important position, quarterback. I'm really interested in seeing how Scott Linehan (offensive coordinator) takes advantage of having both Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown in the backfield.

i'm a redskins fan so i havn't been excited since what the late 80's earlier 90's? lol,we got killed last year cause had no damn quarter back!, got santana moss from the jets which is weird cause when i play madden 05 i always put him on my team (mainly for his kick return abilitys) but anyway i'm not sure what to expect this year from my team either its time for gibbs to put up or shut up 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:38 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I'm a Patriots fan, and I'm hoping that we'll make it back to the Super Bowl again this year. I want to see how we do without Charlie Weis and Romeo Cronell as offensive and defensive coordinators. And also how we do without Bruschi on defense.

Brady looked good in the game against the Saints, even though he threw an interception on the first play of the game, and Flutie did a good job as well. But rookie Matt Cassel was a big surprise in the first game against the Bengals. 13 for 21 passing for 135 yards with a touchdown and interception, with 46 rushing yards on 5 scrambles. It'll be interesting to see if the Patriots keep him, along with Flutie, and cut Rohan Davy. Flutie won't be with New England long, maybe a season or two, so they'll most likely keep either Davy or Cassel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:41 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I'm an Indianpolis Colts fan. I'm patiently waiting for the season to begin so that they can play very well during the regular season then choke during the play-offs, as is the tradition. ^_^v

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:24 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Living in Green Bay, means Packers all the way. ^_^

We have an awesome offense that could go far, except our defense is holding them back. Our defense sucks... a lot.

Oh, and my dad and I just picked our fantasy football team last night.

I'm excited. ^_^

Post subject: hmmm
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:06 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

going up as a hardcore eagles fan, we are going to make it back to the superbowl with my TO and McNabb. Hopefully McNabb won't choke again and throw away the game. Ive had faith in the eagles since I was little and these past couple of yrs we been so close, but yet so far.

I depise the panthers..I live in NC and its a joke of a team.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:29 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

eagles fan eep i don't like the eagles heh or dallas but on a side note i'm not a falcons fan but i do enjoy watching vick play so does that make me a low key falcons fan? lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:10 am 
PPT God
PPT God

It was really nice getting to see some football again, especially since I've been watching waaay too much tennis these past couple of weeks. The Colts pretty thoroughly trounced the Ravens. I just wish they could have held on for the shut out...Oh well! ^_^v

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:13 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

MyleneFarmer wrote:
It was really nice getting to see some football again, especially since I've been watching waaay too much tennis these past couple of weeks. The Colts pretty thoroughly trounced the Ravens. I just wish they could have held on for the shut out...Oh well! ^_^v

i think it may be the colts year but as they say you have to beat the champs to be the champ so if they can knock off NE then colts have a very good shot to win the superbowl

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:22 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Black_Panther wrote:
MyleneFarmer wrote:

i think it may be the colts year but as they say you have to beat the champs to be the champ so if they can knock off NE then colts have a very good shot to win the superbowl

As a Colts fan, I have no such hope. They will choke in the postseason, as they always do. Oh sure, I'll be thrilled if they don't. But I've long since learned not to get my hopes up. Helps with the utter deflation that occurs every year in the AFC Championship game. :p (If not before)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:52 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

MyleneFarmer wrote:
Black_Panther wrote:
MyleneFarmer wrote:

As a Colts fan, I have no such hope. They will choke in the postseason, as they always do. Oh sure, I'll be thrilled if they don't. But I've long since learned not to get my hopes up. Helps with the utter deflation that occurs every year in the AFC Championship game. :p (If not before)

be thankful my favorite team Redskins,hold your laughs till i'm done :( followed by the 49ers havn't been in the playoffs for years and i know how it feels to expect nothing from your team but unless your team wins the superbowl the season has been pretty much a waste

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 5:40 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Black_Panther wrote:
but unless your team wins the superbowl the season has been pretty much a waste

Without punctuation, I'm having a hard time determining if what I quoted above is how you feel about football. But that's definitely not how I feel. It's a letdown when the Colts lose in the playoffs, but I hardly feel the season has been a waste. I live for Sunday afternoons and getting to watch them play. Granted, I don't enjoy watching them lose, but that's part of the game. The playoffs are just the extra-exciting bit at the end for me. As long as the Colts play as well as they can, it doesn't matter to me if they make it all the way. It just means I get to see them a few less times than I prefer.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]