Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 7:45 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 10:56 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

ScottNak wrote:
Mm. Of course, Garland was stellar. There's no way I can doubt that. Excellent pitching to just make everyone all confused and *duhh*'d.
*le sigh*

I knew winning Game 1 wouldn't be good :P
We're supposed to lose Game 1s! >P

Aanyway... just a few more til Game 4 starts. Can't wait :P

Same here. And, I will be glued to the set. And, don't know how it is in LA, but here in Chicago, everyone is watching. First game, 52 percent of TVs in Chicago were tuned to the game. Probably even some Cubs fans. It would be nice to win a World Series every century or so. :)

So cliche, but may the best man win!

EDIT: What can I say? Sox won again. Awesome pitching by Garcia. And, the third consecutive pitcher to pitch the entire game in this series. What a fantastic pitching staff Ozzie Guillen has put together.

And, yes, there were several bad calls by the umps. But at 8-2, Sox would have won even if those calls that been done correctly.

About those bad calls, I honestly think they happen more often than we think. For every one that goes against a certain team, there is probably one that goes for that same team. And, because of what happened in game 2, ump calls are now being scrutinized by the media. So, you have to wonder just how many umpire mistakes are made during the year, and even the post season, that the media does not pick up on. So, I don't know: we have instant replay in football. Should it occur in baseball?

I mean, as a Sox fan, it irks me that some people are going to say that Sox only won because of the bad ump calls. And, wouldn't have won on their own merit. Which, if you look as this game, they clearly did win on their own merit.

DOUBLE EDIT:

White Sox are going to the World Series! :D Imagine a World Series game here in Chicago!!! Getting goosebumps just thinking about it.

Whether you are or are not a Sox fan, you have to admit that they have the best pitching staff in the league. Phew!!!

And that the umps seemed to get it right last night.

Tested made this fabulous set for me!!! Isn't it great?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:10 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

*shrug* Indeed. Major props for going 4 CGs in a row. Thats simply amazing. But yeah, yetserday there was some decent umping going on. We have the idiot in RF who basically took a triple away from Figgins (and almost a run... but luckily the umps did the right thing)... Escobar's misplay with the ball...

But gotta admit that *what if* just keeps floating around about that miscall on Game 2... but its past... Oh well.

And for Replay... nah. Like I said. Human error is part of the game. Alas, it hit us a bit more than one would expect it to. What would be the limits to using Replay? Any penalties for using it and not going your way and wasting time? (It's already an avg 3 hour affair for baseball...) Mleh. Deal with it and move on.

And as we speak, the NLCS game 5 is going on... STL slightly squeaking by HOU...

If Houston wins though... another WC candidate in the WS... Last 3 winners have been WC... will it be 4? Or will another SOX curse be broken? *tun tunnn*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:33 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

ScottNak wrote:
If Houston wins though... another WC candidate in the WS... Last 3 winners have been WC... will it be 4? Or will another SOX curse be broken? *tun tunnn*

You sound like one of those old time radio announcers at the end of Mystery Theatre. But, it isn't just a Sox curse. There's a curse on the whole darned city. The ghost of that billy goat keeps haunting the Cubs. And the Black Sox scandal haunts the Sox.

But, hey, maybe this is the year . . . Only time will tell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:59 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Indeeed. But lets turn back focus to the INCREDIBLE game 5 at Houston.
Just goes to show you... it ain't over til the fat lady sings.

2 quick outs in the top of the 9th... Then Eckstein... down to his final strike, pulls a single through. Then a walk by Edmonds... (both Ex-Angels! *single tear*) and then... KAPOW. Pujols with the clutch come from behind homer...

Two words, I said outloud... and over and over... when I saw that. OH. MY.
I said that so much taht one of my floormates came over to make sure everything was OK. Wooooow.

So close. Yet... they're going to have to travel far to wrap up th egame. Back to St. Louis they go to try and wrap up the series. But we get an off day tomorrow. *Dahh* What are we going to dooooo~

(Study for your midterm?)
Oh. That works too...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:57 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Stros are done now. Who cares if they are up 302. The cards now have the momentum. Their bats will heat up. It will be Cards vs Whitesoxs in the world series :)

Lady Night made me do it :P
Click for Werewolf!
Click for more Werewolf(as well as Role Playing)!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:00 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I'm gearing up to watch the White Sox in the WS. I honestly don't much care if they're playing the 'Stros or the Cardinals, though the Astros have such great pitching that it'd be an interesting series.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:22 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

ScottNak wrote:
Indeeed. But lets turn back focus to the INCREDIBLE game 5 at Houston.
Just goes to show you... it ain't over til the fat lady sings.

2 quick outs in the top of the 9th... Then Eckstein... down to his final strike, pulls a single through. Then a walk by Edmonds... (both Ex-Angels! *single tear*) and then... KAPOW. Pujols with the clutch come from behind homer...

Two words, I said outloud... and over and over... when I saw that. OH. MY.
I said that so much taht one of my floormates came over to make sure everything was OK. Wooooow.

So close. Yet... they're going to have to travel far to wrap up th egame. Back to St. Louis they go to try and wrap up the series. But we get an off day tomorrow. *Dahh* What are we going to dooooo~

(Study for your midterm?)
Oh. That works too...

HELL YEAH, SCOTT. HELL YEAH.

the greatest love story never told.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:26 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Man what an amazing game :D Astros won 5-1! Oswalt was so awesome. So can't wait to see the Sox VS Astros

I once was Lost but now am Shadow, was blind but now I see.
Me: JAS SAVE PPT!
Jas: ugh. okay

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:16 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

You know the Sox are going to whoop you bad. ;P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:28 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I'm looking forward to see how the World Series plays out. Will one team stomp on the other? Will it come down to game seven? Regardless, while I'm technically cheering for the White Sox, I'll be pretty content no matter who wins.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:51 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I am from the South Side of Chicago. So, you can probably guess who I will be rooting for! :D

Should be an awesome series. With Sox' pitching staff. Hopefully the wind off of Lake Michigan will be blowing just the right way. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:29 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

And dat be dat. Unfortunately I had to be in taking a midterm during the game 6 o da NLCS... so I don't have much to say about that... but indeed... what an Interesting lookin' World Series match up!

We've got the 99-win Chicago White Sox, with their long long drought since their last WS and a curse hanging over them?

Then there's the Wild Card Houston Astros, with their FIRST world Series appearance in 44 seasons. Angels did it in '02 (with a 42 season wait)... will the Astros follow suit? And will the string of WC winners continue?

Fun begins in a few days... take your picks!

I'm guessing HOU in 6 :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:54 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I'm hoping the Sox get a sweep, mainly because Lost will never let me live it down if Houston wins. ;P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:43 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Welp! Day 1 of the World Series proved to be everything it wasn't...
Good pitching? Ehe... looks like that got lost over the break both teams had inbetween the start.

Home Runs came up a bit... and the Starting PItching wasn't as stellar as one would expect... (Le gasp? White Sox's bullpen actually pitched?)

But nonetheless, Chicago takes an early 1-0 lead to their quest to break their curse. Meanwhile Houston will try and even up the series and possibly mirror what Chicago did in the ALCS...

Game 2 is tomorrow :)
(And gaze at my cool sig? :P)
<hr>
Well... since I can't double post...
ANYWHOO... I have to say this again... White sox gets another call that goes their way. Another one of those what if situations... :P But oh well. Konerko goes deep for the big salami... Then Houston pulls off a *wow-ing* comeback in the 9th to tie it up... only for that woww-come back to be dashed by a walk-off homer which tops off Chicago's GAME 2 victory, 7-6.

We get an off day tomorrow, and on Tuesday the game starts back up again. Will The Whitesox take a 3-0 lead??? Or will Houston follow suit and start winning their home games??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:58 am 
PPT God
PPT God

what happened to brad lidge being an awesome closer? What happened to wheeler being an awesome setup man? Ensberg finally hits a home run, but I have to say I'm dissapointed in the Astros...they should have won that one, but let it slip away.

On second thought, I guess thats all the astros can hope for, for a low scoring team, 6 runs is plenty. Guess white sox are destined to break their curse too.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next