Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 3:23 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:35 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I was shocked the White Sox won again, I thought the pitchers would pitch better, only two more and the Astros are done. Wish the Phillies were there though so I have to say GO SOX!

ImageImage19 Points!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:01 am 
PPT God
PPT God

jabond102 wrote:
I was shocked the White Sox won again, I thought the pitchers would pitch better, only two more and the Astros are done. Wish the Phillies were there though so I have to say GO SOX!

So its destined to be another year for cursebreaking. Yes, this victory for the Sox was shocking as well, but I guess its meant to be. At least Lidge didnt give up any more runs and actually pitched well. Well, only one more for the white sox.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:48 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Mmm.. a game of records!
Tying the longest Inning-length game.
Killing the longest time-length game.
Breaking the most num pitchers in a game....
Stranding the most num runners on base in a game...

And now setting up for a statistically near-impossible 3-0 comefrom behind win. Only 3 teams in major league SPORTS have been able to do this (out of 250-ish attempts)... and 2 of those was in Hockey. 1 by the AMAZING red sox.

But what a heartbreaker. a 4-0 lead magically disappearing to end up with a 5-5 tie into the 9th... and then crumbling at the 14th... Quite demoralizing. Innn any case... the White Sox try and repeat what their counterpart Red Sox did in breaking their "curse" with the grand honor of doing it via sweep.

This would also end the streak of WILD CARD teams winning it all...

GAME 4! TONIGHT! WILL THE SERIES BE OVER???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:39 pm 

White Sox win the series!

Which means I can't use the phrase "Disco Demolition Night" to offend chicagoans anymore. *sigh*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:57 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

What a tight game. If anything, this was the kind of game that was expected. Low scoring. Superb pitching. Stellar defense. Tis an appropriate end to the World Series.

Back to back years that the soxes have broken their "curses" and once again ends a magnificent season... Simply amazing. Playoff participants unknown until the very last day & game of the season... Yowza.

White Sox boot the Red Sox in 3...
Angels stretch out over the Yanks in 5...
Cards kicks out the Padres in 3...
Astros nick the Braves in 4...

White Sox find their way to the WS by defeating the angels in 5...
Meanwhile the Astros avoid a repeat from last year and do it in 6...

And finally, the cherry on top to a great WS sundae... a sweepin' scoop to win it in 4...

Stellar. Congrats to the Chicago white sox... I guess there's a new great Fire that's only begun to start up! *wooha*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:04 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Sox won, it was great. Can't believe Lidge blew it. The great Astros pitchers looked horrible this whole series, so did the Astros. I'm against the late games and all but it was a great world series.

ImageImage19 Points!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:27 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Congratulations to the White Sox! :D They really deserved to win; it's been so long. Poor Chicago went even longer than Boston without a championship. Of course, this'll really only please the White Sox fans there, but I hate the Cubs anyhow. ;)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4