Sports discussion. Towel whipping is strictly prohibited. It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye.
Topic locked

Thu Jul 29, 2004 8:42 pm

Favorite sport to play? Volleyball, hands down. I also like to roller skate and horse back ride, though.

Favorite sport to watch? Baseball, with football in a not-so-close second.

Thu Jul 29, 2004 10:37 pm

I'm a huge hockey fan (yes, I'm annoyed that the two sides can't work out a new deal). I also watch a bit of soccer now and then, but I guess I only watch it intensely during the World Cup that comes around every four years ('06 is the next one).

I watch pretty much every major sport although I'm just more into those two above. However, it seems like majority of the people I know only like football or basketball. :roll:

Fri Jul 30, 2004 3:18 am

I don't play many sports but I cheer 'em and yes I do think Cheerleading is a sport and so is dance...yep now I sound girly don't I well my other two favs are target shooting (to do) and american football( to watch)

Fri Jul 30, 2004 5:10 am

Tennis, It's one of the only sports I like. I took a few lessons and loved it!

Fri Jul 30, 2004 6:08 am

I love swimming. I have loved to swim ever since I was very small, and still love it. I'm not on a team or anything, because I think all of the pressure and everyone watching me would probably kill me, but I love to do it for fun. Being in water gives me this wonderful, warm fuzzy feeling inside. *giggles* I sound all cheesy now, over a little sport...

Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:24 pm

I like soccer, it's in my blood :)

Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:45 pm

*Chellie wrote:I don't play many sports but I cheer 'em and yes I do think Cheerleading is a sport and so is dance...yep now I sound girly don't I well my other two favs are target shooting (to do) and american football( to watch)

Wow...cheering, dancing, and shooting - sounds like a nice southern girl to me.

Universal Senja wrote:I'm a huge hockey fan (yes, I'm annoyed that the two sides can't work out a new deal). I also watch a bit of soccer now and then, but I guess I only watch it intensely during the World Cup that comes around every four years ('06 is the next one).

Bah, let 'em fight it out. IMO, if the league can't get the union to agree with the need for revenue sharing and some sort of salary restrictions, then the players' union deserves to have a lot of unemployed jocks collecting benefits. If the league doesn't survive, the sport still will.

Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:57 pm

Hmm...volleyball, but I like swimming and tennis too (though I'm not very good at the latter).

Fri Jul 30, 2004 10:56 pm

I like cheerleading. I'm starting to like Tennis a lot too and I'd play it but it's during football cheerleading season. I like it when guys surf or skateboard cuz that's hott. I've liked practically every sport at one point in my life so far.

Fri Jul 30, 2004 11:31 pm

I like swimming, though not competitively. The only sport I've ever played on a team was lacrosse, so I'll say swimming and lacrosse.

Fri Jul 30, 2004 11:37 pm

shimmer wrote:I like cheerleading. I'm starting to like Tennis a lot too and I'd play it but it's during football cheerleading season. I like it when guys surf or skateboard cuz that's hott. I've liked practically every sport at one point in my life so far.

I don't see cheerleading as a sport really. You just wave pompoms and go rah-rah-rah and do gymnastic moves in short skirts.
Last edited by Jill on Fri Jul 30, 2004 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jul 30, 2004 11:51 pm

I like to play basketball, tennis, and volleyball and I also like snowboarding, even though I'm horrible at it :)

As for sports on TV, I'll watch baseball (Red Sox usually) and American football (Patriots mainly).

Sat Jul 31, 2004 5:10 pm

Swimming, it's the only one that I actually like.

Sat Jul 31, 2004 8:31 pm

My favorite sport is Dancing! I can't get enough! XD

Sat Jul 31, 2004 11:02 pm

Jill wrote:
shimmer wrote:I like cheerleading. I'm starting to like Tennis a lot too and I'd play it but it's during football cheerleading season. I like it when guys surf or skateboard cuz that's hott. I've liked practically every sport at one point in my life so far.

I don't see cheerleading as a sport really. You just wave pompoms and go rah-rah-rah and do gymnastic moves in short skirts.

It IS a sport. We have pompons (Yeah thats how you spell it.) But we barely ever use them. And yeah the skirts are short but it would be dangerous to do some of the stuff we do in baggy clothes. People would get hurt. And the actual cheering as in saying cheers takes some effort too. You have to use your diaphraghm. You have to stay in shape for cheerleading too. You have to lift 100 pound people up above your heads. As far as injuries go cheerleading is right up there with football. Any person that doesn't thing cheerleading is a sport should go to a cheerleading practice. I don't think most of them could handle it.
Topic locked