Sports discussion. Towel whipping is strictly prohibited. It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye.
Topic locked

Skating

Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:05 pm

So, anyone else here skate (rollerblading or skateboarding)? I rollerblade, I'm not too good, but I can do a few grinds.

I have Salomon ST80 skates. (should make sense to fellow skaters :) )

Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:11 pm

I also have a Salomon something... Dunno, I'v been rollerblading since the 3rd grade, so its been about 7 years and 4 pairs of blades :roll: And of course there was hockey.....

As for skateboarding... I skated for about 2 years then quit.

Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:19 pm

cool, I skated for a couple of years, stopped, and just got into it again, hence the reason I can't do too much. I tried skateboarding in between the years I skated, but gave up.

Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:52 am

I like to skate but I am not too good..I also have a Pikachu skateboard from years ago. I used to be pretty good and now I can barely keep my balance. My cat,on the othr hand,is a natural. I just never knew it! :roflol:

Okay,fine,all he does is sit on it.

Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:55 am

I prefer ice skating, buuuut...

I'm an okay roller skater. I don't do it often, though- the reason I say decent is because somehow I am always able to pick it back up again. But I never have any fun skating unless friends are with me- which is why I don't do it often. Plus all the rinks and stuff around here stink.

As for tricks... nada. :-P

Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:41 pm

I have only iceskated before and I am a beginner at it. The reason why I don't iceskate much is because I sadly don't have a local ice skating rink anywhere near where I live.

Wed Sep 08, 2004 7:35 pm

I skateboard but not i'm not very good the most i can do is probably a kickflip and not very well either

Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:01 pm

I haven't rollarbladed in 5 years but I do skateboard sometimes. I'm not that good because I've only skateboarded a few times. Some of my friends think it's funny that I skateboard cuz they say I'm not really the skateboarding type and I guess I'm not but who cares.

Mon Sep 27, 2004 11:06 pm

I love skating. I actually miss it. I kinda was in a 10k race in the rain and my bearing haven't been the same since. And being a poor college student, new bearings don't take precedence over school books.

Anyway, I have been dying to try my hand at some agressive skating. I'm really good on flat surfaces and I have been dying to try some verts and some grinds. Of course that also would require money because I would need to get agressive style skates as opposed to the street hockey ones I have right now.

Anyone care to donate? ;) :battar:

Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:48 am

I love rollerblading...unfortunatly I grew out of my rollerblades. Skateboarding I just can't get into, my brother use to have one but my mom ran over it because he left it out. I like watching people skateboard instead of me skateboarding.

Thu Nov 25, 2004 3:20 am

I like ice skating... especially with my dog, he likes to pull me like a sled on the nearby frozen lake, and I teach him to obey commands like "left" "right" and "halt".

I have some roller blades, but I'm awful with them. Plus, now that we've moved, there's nowhere with sidewalk to use them.

Thu Nov 25, 2004 5:46 am

I probably couldn't skate well to save my life :) haha. Ice skating...well, I'm getting better, but I'm nowhere near good, rollerblading, well, nope. Skateboarding..actually never tried, but I doubt I'm good. Not enough balance >.< haha.

Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:08 am

I haven't had a pair of rollerblades since like..4th grade lol.

I have a skateboard though. I like to use it in the carpet in my room where I know I won't fall off xD. I had to live in a hotel for a month or two over the summer and when my stepbrother came down he taught me a few tricks cause there was alwyas no one in the parking lot and got me into it but now that I'm back in my house there's nowhere for me to practice :(

Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:29 pm

Parents won't let me.

Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:32 pm

Combat_Boot wrote:Parents won't let me.

Awww..that sucks. :( They'll probably let you eventually though. Hopefully. :)
Topic locked