Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 4:10 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: Premiership Discussion Board
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:04 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Thought I would set up a board for generally English Premiership discussion. Basicly, bring up anything about the Prem League you want.

One thing I would want others opinions on is Liverpool and how you think they will do with their new manager and signings.

Visit the PPT Better than You

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 2:59 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

next match arsenal vs. fulham, go arsenal, man utd vs. bolton go bolton :evil:
liverpool are gonna be a good team this season but i dont think theyll make a champions league finish this season, i think that teams like bolton and middlesbrough are better.
btw what bout reyes? damn hes good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 10:43 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

N3O wrote:
liverpool are gonna be a good team this season but i dont think theyll make a champions league finish this season, i think that teams like bolton and middlesbrough are better.

Yeah, he is awesome so far this season, joint top scorer if I'm not mistaken.
And don't forget Tottenham. They are still unbeaten so far. Chelsea and Arsenal are the only other teams unbeaten.
Liverpool will be in the top three this season, I think that they are gradually improving. However Hyppia is not at his best, he was better last season. If Liverpool want to be a title contender and not just a Champions League contender they will have to work on their defence.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 3:21 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

quicksilvery1pore wrote:
N3O wrote:

And don't forget Tottenham. They are still unbeaten so far. Chelsea and Arsenal are the only other teams unbeaten.
Liverpool will be in the top three this season, I think that they are gradually improving. However Hyppia is not at his best, he was better last season. If Liverpool want to be a title contender and not just a Champions League contender they will have to work on their defence.

are you sure liverpool will make a top 3 finish, for me middlesbrough looked like they had more depth (btw arent bolton unbeated as well?)
yea well i guess even tottenham are a team to watch out for but theyll need some time to gel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:59 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

N3O wrote:
quicksilvery1pore wrote:
N3O wrote:

are you sure liverpool will make a top 3 finish, for me middlesbrough looked like they had more depth (btw arent bolton unbeated as well?)
yea well i guess even tottenham are a team to watch out for but theyll need some time to gel.

Bolton won 3 lost 1, I think their hitman is Okocha. He's ageing, but still has it, for this season at least. He could be vital in their success this season. I applaud Sam Allardyce for bringing Bolton into a new and maybe happy chapter. (FYI they lost at Fulham 2-0)
Boro have gotten some good signings, but what saddens me is the departure of Juninho. Still, they look strong. They lost only to Arsenal, and things can't get any better for them now. I also applaud Stave McClaren, who brought the team up to greater heights. I wonder if they are ready to contend for one of the 4 spots though.
What about Villa and Charlton? They may be potential challengers too...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:05 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

charltom, theyre not doin very well at the moment, but then again the seasons just started, anything can happen, (btw they lost 4-1 or 4-2 to some team right?) i guess players like tommasson will play a major part in their success, as for villa i dont think there will be any improve on last seasons finish for them cause well they just arent that consistant, teams like arsenal ( :D ), man u ( :( ) , chelsea ( :cry: ), liverpool, bolton, borough will i think be able to beat them, those many defeats are for me too many, and theres also the surprise results like gettin beaten by the bottom team that we gotta keep in mind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:38 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Newcastle shouldn't have sacked Bobby Robson the way they did, he was a great manager and deserved a much better send of that he got.

Good luck to the new manager. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 11:53 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

cky182 wrote:
Newcastle shouldn't have sacked Bobby Robson the way they did, he was a great manager and deserved a much better send of that he got.

Good luck to the new manager. :)

i agree with you, i wouldnt have liked to see him go at all, but then again newcastle did have a bad start to the season. i think that the board had no choice but to sack him because he wasnt getting newcastle any trophies and he would have never left at his own choice, if they suggested the option to him he would have probably said "you want me to leave? fine then sack me"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:58 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Let's see. After this week's games, I think Bolton have what it takes to be a contender for the top 4. Tottenham are good, but they got to stop drawing. Chelsea have to score more, selling Hasselbaink wasn't a good idea IMO. Manchester could be on the way up again, but they have lots to do if they want to be title contenders. And Liverpool might struggle in the next 2 months without key player Gerrard :cry:
Any comments about the bottom 3?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:32 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

As I speak Liverpool are playing in the Champions League and are about to win their match! I am NOT a Liverpool supporter (I support Man U, but since we already qualified for the next round... ;) )- my boyf supports Liverpool and he is very excited- Liverpool needed to win 3-1 to qualify. It looks like they're going to do it too- about 4 mins left of the match!

I hope Chelsea don't win the premiership, or even worse- Arsenal. Man U all the way!!!!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:44 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I'm rather apathetic about the whole thing, but as Hog supports them so fervently, I have to swing towards United.

Good game last weekend :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 6:44 am 

Starry Angel wrote:
As I speak Liverpool are playing in the Champions League and are about to win their match! I am NOT a Liverpool supporter (I support Man U, but since we already qualified for the next round... ;) )- my boyf supports Liverpool and he is very excited- Liverpool needed to win 3-1 to qualify. It looks like they're going to do it too- about 4 mins left of the match!

I hope Chelsea don't win the premiership, or even worse- Arsenal. Man U all the way!!!!! :D

Agree! Manu rules! Pity they're already out of Champs League..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 4:16 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Now playing: Man U VS Fulham
Arsenal VS Blackburn
Chelsea VS Crystal Palace

Half time now. Man U lead 1-0 while Arsenal's game ended early with a 1-0 win. Chelsea are tied with Palace at 1-1. Hope Chelsea slips up and Man U catch up!

Edit: Chelsea just scored again. 2-1 now. Boo Hoo Hoo :cry:

My Signature Was Too Bad =(

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]