Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 7:44 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Juuni Kokki
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:27 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

(Also known as Juuni Kokuki or The Twelve Kingdoms)

I felt it was necessary to creat this topic :P

Juuni Kokki is my absolute favorite anime series, anyone else here who has seen it?

I like it because I think the story is so brilliant, all the characters have great differences in their personalities, the art itself is gorgeous... oh *_* It's quite sad that they ended up making only 45 episodes, leaving a lot untold. Also, as it's based on a series of written books, I haven't been able to find english versions anywhere, only the ones in japanese :/

Set by everconfused

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:31 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Ooh, I've heard of this series. I was wondering what people thought of it before I gave it a try, though. After reading your review, maybe I'll give it a look. ;)

Image Image
<3 Divas rock! Click to join. <3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:27 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Jasujo wrote:
Ooh, I've heard of this series. I was wondering what people thought of it before I gave it a try, though. After reading your review, maybe I'll give it a look. ;)

Oh you should, I got pretty addicted though so you'd better watch out :P Also, I might mention that it was quite confusing in the beginning as you have to learn a bit about the whole system the story is based on, but after a while you will get pretty used to expression like "taika", "kourin" and "yuma" :P

Set by everconfused

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:43 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Aah! That's on my to watch list, but my father won't let me have it yet. He wants to watch Please Twins! first. ;P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:43 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

robot wrote:
Aah! That's on my to watch list, but my father won't let me have it yet. He wants to watch Please Twins! first. ;P

Tell your dad to zip it and listen to Silja instead :P lol

Set by everconfused

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:48 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

<_< >_> *revives thread, because Jasujo said it was okay...right??*

I recently watched the first few story arcs of Juuni Kokki. I'll admit, for the first 8 episodes, I couldn't figure out what the big idea was. And then came episode 9, I think, that finally put everything into perspective. If you can hold out for that long, you will be well rewarded. The next story arcs are much more understandable and enjoyable. I'll admit, I've only made it to episode 20 for the time being, but I'm looking forward to seeing more.

The art is so stunning, and the complexity of the story makes it better than it's semi-predecessor, Fushigi Yuugi. Actually, from what I've seen, it's a much better anime than FY. Although, I still prefer FY, in part because I'm still floundering a bit in Juuni Kokki for characters I truly love. Enki and the Emperor of En helped greatly with this, but I need just a few more. And then I might be able to say that not only is Juuni Kokki better, but I actually prefer it. ^_^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:25 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

I love Junni Kokki!!! The art is awesome and breathtaking. And definately far better than fy. No offense but I switched camps. :)

Anyways, i found this great site that's slowing translating the events right AFTER where the anime left off. I mean come on, you didn't expect Taiki to go missing permanently right?

I have a soft spot for him. He's so adorable. :oops:

http://www.otyaku.com/animeObserver/index.php

However, I must warn you it may get tiring to wait and rather confusing at certain parts. But well worth it. :hug:

"In this world there are only two tragedies. One is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
- Oscar Wilde

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:08 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: in the past, the present and longing for the future
Yup, watched the whole series twice.

Absolutely love it. So much that words fail me.

memories of yesterday; because you've left me at the beginning

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]