Know your Gundams from your Evas? Your Chobits from your .hack? Think Boba is the best thing since Pocky? You're not alone. Enter!
Topic locked

Milk Chan

Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:41 am

I was staying up late one night, and I see this cutesy little anime on Adult Swim called "Milk Chan". I thought, 'They have pretty good judgement concerning the shows they air (with the exception of 'Home Movies', that was horrendous), so I tuned in for about 15 minutes.

Dear Lord.

I'm pretty open minded when it comes to unique stuff, but this was just agnozing. What aggravated me was that the characters talk really slowly. After three sentences of dialogue, a vein is standing out on your forehead waiting for them to just spit it out already. It's like listening to the, "No, umm, wait, I skipped a line" kid read out loud in English class. I don't know why, but that drove me absolutely crazy!

Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:20 am

Yeah... I tried watching Milk Chan once too. The bust a groove style of Milk Chan made me curious enough to check it out. But in the end, I was also turned off by the characters' speech impediment o.<

Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:18 am

I don't mind the show, I was more turned off by the [Japanese] pop-culture references they used in that dub ... some of the jokes just went right past me because it was just too obsure (I've heard it makes a bit more sense on the "Americanized" dub on the DVDs)

Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:39 am

We watch Super Milk-Chan every week. :) Actually, I'm staying up now to watch the episode that I missed on Sunday. It was on earlier, but Tim started trouble, so I refused to watch it with him. :P

Anyway, I think it's a cute show. It can be a little mind-numbing at times, but that's part of its charm. I wish I understood all the Japanese pop culture references as well. The show would probably make more sense then, but you can piece things together without that.

There was a ramen episode earlier and I just loved it. :)

(Btw, I don't Home Movies was that bad. We laughed at it, although it did get a little old after a while. ;) )

Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:03 am

*Jumps in to defend the honor of Home Movies*

HEY!!!! I Loved that show!!!
It was sooo. . .

*looks around*
oh wait... this is getting off topic...Image
*goes and hides in the corner*

(PS- i like milk chan. . . in small doses ;))

Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:36 pm

Runevalkyrie wrote:I don't mind the show, I was more turned off by the [Japanese] pop-culture references they used in that dub ... some of the jokes just went right past me because it was just too obsure (I've heard it makes a bit more sense on the "Americanized" dub on the DVDs)

That's my problem with it as well. I haven't written it off, because I intend on renting the DVDs and seeing the American pop culture reference version.

Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:58 am

I watched it once. Crazy show, some hilarious things on it though. If it's on I guess I'll watch it if there isn't anything else on.

Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:06 am

I think my head almost exploded from watching it. I do not think I have ever seen such an out of site anime, lol.

Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:41 am

I don't really like Milk Chan that much, but I watch it anyway. I only find it mildly entertaining, and it is a little boring at times, but, like I said, I watch it anyway. :roll:

Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:26 am

It's a bit like a train wreck. >.<

Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:02 pm

the previews of the show are enough to keep me away,not sure what they were thinking putting that show on...

Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:06 pm

It's a decent show if you give it a try. Just don't take it too seriously. ;) You shouldn't knock something if you haven't watched it.

Sun Feb 20, 2005 1:07 am

I lost brain cells after watching that show. :roflol: It was funny.

Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:42 am

Last night after my usual animes, I was about to go to sleep when Super Milk Chan came on. Thinking about this topic, I stayed up with half-open eyes to watch it. Eh, it was alright. I smiled a few times, but I'd rather just go to bed and call it a night than stay up for it.

It was pretty cute though. I thought it would be worse.
Topic locked