Know your Gundams from your Evas? Your Chobits from your .hack? Think Boba is the best thing since Pocky? You're not alone. Enter!
Topic locked

Sat May 20, 2006 1:51 pm

Transformers, Voltron, Speed Racer, Unico, some of Miyazaki's really old stuff.

I've been a fan of anime since I was a baby(literally!) :)

Sat May 27, 2006 9:52 pm

Sailor Moon. I used to LOVE it when I was a little kid. xD The English dub, of course. When I got older, I discovered how much they had toned it down in the English version. :o

Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:28 pm

Sorry to resurrect a dead topic but I only just found this topic today and seeing as this about what is your first anime I felt I should put my 2 cents in it about what my first anime and first manga was.

Anyway my first anime that had ever watched was the Samurai Pizza Cats and that was in 1996 when it was on Fox Kids which IIRC was the first anime programme ever on UK television. (Fox Kids also used to show Sailor Moon, Hello Kitty's Paradise and Escaflowne but that was a few years later)

Sailor Moon was my second anime that I watched though it showed up to Super Moon R episode Follow The Leader in the UK. (According to Wikimoon, Fox Kids had expressed interest in airing Super Moon S and Super Moon SS but in the midst of a licencing take over (from Fox to Disney) and a change in name (Fox Kids to Jetix) which meant S and SS never aired in the UK.) Interesting Note is that no Sailor Moon videogames have been released in the UK yet though I expect that there are large base of UK Sailor Moon fans who would for the show to return and for the videogames to come outside Japan.

My First Manga was Street FighterII: The Manga and it is the only manga I ever read.

Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:05 am

My first anime was Pokemon, and my first manga was a Viz Pokemon manga as well...I sound obsessed with Pokemon, don't I? xD

Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:02 pm

My first anime was Sailor Moon, and same for manga.

Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:17 am

Mmmm I am extremely old let me see I do remember Samurai Pizza Cats...woooo a long time ago....Kun Kun...I don't remember if its called like that....I saw the first transformers....I recall also Candy :roflol: how old am I :roflol: ....yeah I guess those :roflol: 8)

Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:30 am

My first anime would be something Miyazaki Hayao.
My first manga is....? uh, sailor moon or pokemon adventures(forgot what it's called...) or cardcaptor sakura or angelic layer.

Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:50 am

hehe... Sailor Moon. Both anime and manga.
my gosh I was a lame 10-year-old.

Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:43 pm

My first anime was either Spirited Away or Fullmetal Alchemist, I forgot which.

My first manga was Ranma 1/2 x)

Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:11 am

Pet Shop of Horrors was the first manga I ever read, I started reading fruits Basket and Ai Yori Aoishi around that time too.

First anime was CCS but that was years ago. Then Naruto recently but I didn't watch it seriously just a coulpe of random eps. It was Bleach that really got me into anime in the end.

Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:33 pm

echobabygirl wrote:Transformers, Voltron, Speed Racer, Unico, some of Miyazaki's really old stuff.

I've been a fan of anime since I was a baby(literally!) :)

homygod! Voltron! XD
I've never watched Voltron before, but I've heard many good things about it. Does anyone know if the one airing at 5:30 AM EST on Adult Swim is the original, or is it a remake? DirecTV's saying "2006" as the airing year, but I'm not sure. I know that Adult Swim starting airing Pee-Wee's Playhouse, so they might be doing that with Voltron too...

Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:37 pm

If Pokemon is an Anime.. XD If not I guess my first "real" Anime was Sailor Moon. I used to love that.

Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:48 am

Actually, my sister was watching Vash The Stampede, Escaflowne and Cowboy Bebop some day, and I just watched a lil 5 mins of each, and one day, she started FMA, and I decided to watch it with her. I fell in love with that serie lol

Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:04 pm

First anime: Neon Genesis Evangelion.
First manga: Kare Kano

I'm genreally more into anime, so I haven't read many mangas. Maybe 4-5 or so.

Sat May 05, 2007 2:55 am

mine would be Fruits Basket <3
Topic locked