Know your Gundams from your Evas? Your Chobits from your .hack? Think Boba is the best thing since Pocky? You're not alone. Enter!
Topic locked

Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:25 am

I have no idea...probably Voltron, Ultraman, I think there was something else but I can't remember.

Jim wrote: -removed- at number 72.

Childrens site :P

Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:47 am

I used to watch Maple Town when I was very young, but I didn't know it was anime :P My first 'official' anime was Pokemon.

First manga would be GTO <3

Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:18 pm

Christopher wrote:I have no idea...probably Voltron, Ultraman, I think there was something else but I can't remember.

Aslong as Im not posting screenshots, quoting dialogue, or encouraging anyone to watch it ( never happen ), I think Im safe :roll:

Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:18 pm

Hmm, this is a toughy. I can definitely say which anime first got me steadily into the genre, but not which I watched first.

When I was little, I used to watch shows like Voltron, Battle of the Planets, Macross, Transformers, Speed Racer, and the like. There were a couple other space ones, but I can't remember their names. I caught a couple Sailor Moons, but I kept forgetting when it was on. ;)

Later, I found more Sailor Moon (which I loved) and the Sci-Fi channel used to show anime movies really late on Saturday nights. There I saw things like: Iria, Zeiram the Animation, E.Y.E.S. of Mars, Armitage, all of which are special favorites to me. :)

Tim and I had a friend in college who was into anime. She showed us Project A-ko and Bubblegum Crisis. Two awesome shows. She also broadened my love for Sailor Moon (she was a Moonie, too ;) ). We tried to rent anime here and there from the local video rental, but the selection was extremely limited. One series we rented years ago was The Guyver, Bio Booster Armor, which just came out in a dvd box set. I surprised Tim with it which thrilled him to no end. ;) lol

Then Sailor Moon came out on Cartoon Network and the rest is history. :) That show got me steadily into anime and now I can't get enough. :) I think the Toonami block then was Thundercats, Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball Z (the beginning when Vegeta was bad), and Johnny Quest. I believe Ronin Warriors and Gundam Wing were the next shows to join Toonami. Tenchi was shown not much later. :)

My first manga was Sailor Moon, followed by Gundam Wing. Then I got Dragon Ball and No Need for Tenchi. :)

Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:20 pm

Either cardcaptor Sakura or Sailor moon (or this random anime that was called: Super Pig, or somthing)

Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:24 pm

Jasujo wrote:The Guyver, Bio Booster Armor

That might of been the other one I saw ages ago.

Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:00 pm

Jim wrote:
Christopher wrote:I have no idea...probably Voltron, Ultraman, I think there was something else but I can't remember.

Aslong as Im not posting screenshots, quoting dialogue, or encouraging anyone to watch it ( never happen ), I think Im safe :roll:

How wrong was I? :o

Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:04 pm

Marissa wrote:3. What is "Appropriate"?

First off, zero tolerance for hentai (Definition: Hentai). Don't even mention it. At all.
Slash is a LITTLE bit more flexible. Slash includes ecchi, yaoi, and yuri. (Definitions: Ecchi, Yaoi, Yuri). I'm going to borrow from the RP Board's rules: The most graphic thing I will allow you to discuss will be kissing. Anything beyond that will merit warnings and/or strikes, depending on the severity.
It was just a token mention, I never actually expected it to be a problem!
*still red from looking up the title*

Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:13 pm

Marissa wrote:*still red from looking up the title*

Hehe. :) Yeah. I've never actually seen it myself, but I've heard much and seen screen caps. ;) That's not one you want to come across accidentally. lol

Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:09 am

My first, I'm pretty sure it was Doraemon ^^

Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:33 pm

My first anime was Ronin Warriors, back in 1995 when it aired on Fox. I then started watching Sailor Moon, and after that DBZ.

My first manga was Galaxy Express 999, back when it wasserialized in Animerica. Then, it was X and the Mermaid Saga.

Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:36 am

Well...hm...I suppose it was Transformers and Speed Racer.

But what actually got me into anime was Gundam Wing. My first manga was also Gundam Wing. ^_^

Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:15 am

I had always liked comic books (ya know, Superman and the like) and I remember that Shonen Jump issue 3 introduced me to manga, but Naruto was the one that really got me hooked.

Sat Mar 05, 2005 5:25 am

Um ... I think it was Chobits o.O

Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:00 am

The first Anime I ever watched I found while getting up to get a drink of water at about 2:00am in the morning, I heard this noice comming from the TV (someone had left it on)

I went to turn it off but saw that it was a cartoon, and none like I had ever watched. I acctualy got 'sucked' into the anime in a matter of seconds. I later found out it's name.

Vampire Hunter D

A rather good first anime I think lol...expecialy for 2am in the morning!
Topic locked