Know your Gundams from your Evas? Your Chobits from your .hack? Think Boba is the best thing since Pocky? You're not alone. Enter!
Topic locked

Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:02 pm

The first animeI ever watched was probably Sailor Moon.

Hm..

The first anime, which totally got me started, was Hikaru No Go.

It was the only one my library had. XD

Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:49 am

The first anime is definitly Sailor Moon. Because, I remember my friend got me to watch it with her and I end up liking it alot, plus it was a diffrent animation but I didn't know that type of animation was called anime. Until, I watched DBZ.

Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:18 am

Doraemon!!

Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:42 pm

Am, first Manga is Excel Saga.
And first Anime was Naruto. (yes, I am shame full. =/)

Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:18 am

MyleneFarmer wrote:As a child of the 80s, I used to wake up at 5:30am to watch Voltron every morning (and some other show that was set in space...oddly enough, I think it was an anime as well). But, I didn't know what anime was when I was 5. I first heard of anime when I discovered Speed Racer reruns on Cartoon Network back in '97. But while I found it to be amusing, it wasn't my true beginning. In July of '97, I happened across Sailor Moon showing on the USA Network. Our foreign exchange student flipped out (she used to watch the show in France) and thus my obsession with anime began. By winter of '98 I had already graduated from dubbed SM to fansubbed, and by the following summer I had greatly expanded my anime interests.

It's nearly 8 years later, and I'm still going strong. ^_^v My anime obsession has definitely surpassed my Star Wars fanaticism in recent years.

Edit: Oops, forgot about manga! ^_^ I'm not as into it as many others, mainly due to not knowing where to get it (in Japanese that is...and the English is so pricy). Although I do have most of the Sailor Moon manga in French, picked them up when I was in Paris in '98.

Thats really creepy. That nearly mirrors my own anime history. Only major differences are no French stuff and I started watching Sailormoon in September '97 (on video, not TV). My first mangas were Sailormoon,
Rayearth and Sorcerer Hunters, all of which were published in Mixxzine.
Oh the memories!

I remember watching Voltron, Speedracer, Robotech, Thundercats and SilverHawks (do those last two even count?) on TV when I was tiny.

Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:00 pm

My first anime, I think was called Battle of the Planets way back

Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:14 pm

My first Manga was Neon Genesis Evangelion.
* lurves it *

My first anime...Gosh. Cowboy Bebop?

Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:18 am

I first saw a copy of Slayers Perfect at my friends house. After that we watched Akira, Princess Mononoke, and another one I can't remember the name of.

Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:28 pm

The first anime I ever watched was inuyasha. I think... :P

The First Anime I Have Watched.

Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:33 pm

The first anime I have watched was InuYasha... But I think the coolest charater is Sesshomaru.

[img]http://www.hisdivineshadow.net/gallerie ... maru%20(48).jpg[/img]

Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:52 am

Anime: Thundercats, Pokemon, Digimon, and DragonBallZ

Manga: Jing: King of Bandits

Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:06 pm

Samurai Pizza Cats. :lol: I still have fond memories of it, even though I didn't know what anime was back then.

Sat Jul 09, 2005 1:07 am

First anime- My Neighbor Totoro

First manga- Card Captor Sakura (the Master of the Clow arc)

Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:26 pm

The first I saw was.... Heu... i dont know... Maybe Vash the Stampede...Or maybe was it Evangelion I dont remeber?

Sun Jul 24, 2005 5:14 pm

My first Anime was the original Megaman series(my second one was the zelda anime, we used to get a japanese channel and my sister and I would watch it, learned a good amount of japanese but forgot it when they took it off the air), can't remember what my first manga was.
Topic locked