Know your Gundams from your Evas? Your Chobits from your .hack? Think Boba is the best thing since Pocky? You're not alone. Enter!
Topic locked

Sun May 06, 2007 3:51 pm

My first anime was either Beyblade or Magic Knight Rayearth, but I didn't realize they were anime until I started reading manga (Saiyuki!) and my friend told me what manga and anime actually were.
I don't follow many fandoms, because I need to start from episode/chapter 1, if not I get all twitchy and refuse to continue on (my brain's weird that way, *shrug*) unless the anime/manga's realreally good. Thing is, I'm usually too lazy to go get all the books/episodes in order, so I don't read nor watch very much.

Re: First Anime/Manga?

Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:40 am

King of Bandits: Jing, the artwork is amazing, I can get lost in the background details, and everyplace Jing vists is wonderfuly wimsicle!
I think I bought up to volume 6, gave them to my brother, who lost all of them.

Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:38 pm

My first manga is Cardcaptor Sakura.
My first anime is Naruto. I still like it but I kinda prefer Bleach now.

xD.

Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:35 am

Anime-Pokemon (followed by Digimon, Yu-gi-oh!, Hoshi no Kirby, Naruto, and Bleach)

Manga-The Prince of Tennis

Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:13 pm

Anime: Dragon Ball Z. ... Don't look at me like that, it aired on the local tv during very convenient hours. Though I still think it's not as bad as most people say. If only a single fight didn't last 30 episodes...
Anyway, back then I didn't really know it was an anime, so I guess the first "conscious anime experience" (I know it sounds weird :) ) was Vision of Escaflowne.

Manga: Paradise Kiss

Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:41 am

Unitylejean wrote:If only a single fight didn't last 30 episodes...

OMG YES. I remember watching at thinking, They've been at this for weeks and weeks and weeks.. WHEN WILL IT END DD:

Considering it only aired once a week on Sunday mornings, it's a wonder I didn't just give up on it completely.

Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:32 pm

anybody know where i can get .hack//cell or .hack//zero dubbed in english online?

esp zero

Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:03 am

Naruto ~:>

Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:37 pm

my first anime was uh.... probably dbz

Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:06 am

Since so many people have said DBZ im curious if it was DBZ dubbed or DBZ raw. For me it was dubbed but I did have some subbed ones I watched as well.

Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:01 pm

My first anime, technically, was Voltron...but that was before I knew it was anime (I was 6 or 7 at the time). My first anime, knowing that it was anime, was Ranma 1/2 followed very quickly by Martian Successor Nadesico and Bubblegum Crisis 2040

Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:39 pm

I just realized that, contrary to what I said before, my first anime/manga was neither Beyblade nor Magic Knight Rayearth, but Pokemon. Unless Doraemon counts? :o

Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:02 am

I'm probably a little older than you guys. When I first started watching anime I was about 6 years old. All there was in the States really then was Speed Racer, Robotech, and Voltron. I watched all three though! Now I am more of a fan of Samurai Champloo, Cowboy Bebop, and Kyo Kara Maoh, but I still watch the oldies when I get a chance.

Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:07 pm

I watched Pokemon first, but now I'm a Yu-gi-oh girl.

Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:42 pm

Katherine wrote:I watched Pokemon first, but now I'm a Yu-gi-oh girl.

*faints* :o ANOTHER GIRL!!
It seems like it's all boys for Yu-Gi-Oh!.
First Anime: Winx Club, but I didn't know what anime was yet, so...
First Anime I Knew Was Anime: Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's. Subbed.
First Manga: Haven't been able to read any yet.
Topic locked