Know your Gundams from your Evas? Your Chobits from your .hack? Think Boba is the best thing since Pocky? You're not alone. Enter!
Topic locked

Saddest Anime Scenes ever

Sun Apr 10, 2005 10:23 am

Edit by Marissa: I dub this thread "Tragic Spoiler Land." Be careful reading if you don't like spoilers.

I thought there was already a post of this sort somewhere around here, but I cant find it.

Which of those scenes do you think back on, and even now a tear still wells up :( I cant decide between these two.

In at number 1.

When the Grunty died in .Hack. :cry: I know Rune has a picture of the poor lil critter somewhere. Somehow the fact that they managed to save it in .Hack Twilight just doesnt make up for it.

At 2.

Cowboy Bebop 26. "Bang" :cry:

Yup. Im just a big baby.

Sun Apr 10, 2005 11:15 am

The second to last of Tenchi Universe where Ryoko "dies". That truly sucks before you see her come back in the next. Those are two of my favorite episodes of all anime. :)

There are so many Sailor Moon scenes like: when Darien is turned evil and Sailor Moon has to fight him, when the Sailors die in the Beryl fight, all the other times the Sailors die, etc. :)

When Julia is shot in Cowboy Bebop is a heartbreaker.

I'm sure there are more scenes, but I can't think of them at the moment. ;)

Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:01 pm

Shingetsutan Tsukihime: When Acrueid fades away
Fruits Basket: the last 2 episodes!

Hm...there must be more for the emotional me :P

Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:35 pm

Grave of the Fireflies

I didn't blatently cry because I knew it was coming and I kept telling myself "don't get attached to them...don't get attached to them" but I still got a little misty eyed in the end.

That is such a sad movie.

Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:07 pm

Cyanna wrote:Grave of the Fireflies

I didn't blatently cry because I knew it was coming and I kept telling myself "don't get attached to them...don't get attached to them" but I still got a little misty eyed in the end.

That is such a sad movie.

Yeah, pretty much all of Grave of the Fireflies...My dad and I were sitting there crying, and then my brother's like "What's wrong with you? It's not THAT sad..."

He got angry-glared out of the room.

Also the part in Spirited Away where they're on the train...and the little dead schoolgirl was standing on the platform...that was the first movie I've ever cried at.

Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:19 pm

The series of Naruto episodes where Haku and Zabuza die were very sad to me. Even though they were villains, their emotional involvement with each other was touching.

Sun Apr 10, 2005 3:22 pm

There are are so many for me...The most recent being the end of the Subaru episode on .hack//sign when she's holding to Tsukasa after the attack, and when you find out she's in a wheelchair....

Also, the end of the first season of BSSM when all of the senshi die. *sniffle*

Grave of the Fireflies...Oy. I cried through the whole thing because I knew what was going to happen at the end. Five minutes in the waterworks started, which was pretty amazing becuase that was during a period of my life where I was having trouble crying (physically couldn't do it).

A sad but in a good way scene for me was when Kirika changed her tune at the end of Noir something along the lines of "I kill people, and it saddens me."

I could probably go on and on, but my mind is still stuck in .hack//sign right now, so I can't really recall much of anything else. Need to rewatch Unison again today, I just love that episode. ^_^

Sun Apr 10, 2005 4:38 pm

Atamand wrote:The series of Naruto episodes where Haku and Zabuza die were very sad to me. Even though they were villains, their emotional involvement with each other was touching.

Oh boy, I cried. I love Haku, he's one of my favorite characters...ever. :(
And I agree with Jim about the poor little Grunty. They're...soo...cute. :cry:

I cry a lot in animes. I'm such an emotional person. I've cried a number of times in Full Metal Alchemist.

Re: Saddest Anime Scenes ever

Sun Apr 10, 2005 6:36 pm

Jim wrote:In at number 1.

When the Grunty died in .Hack. :cry: I know Rune has a picture of the poor lil critter somewhere. Somehow the fact that they managed to save it in .Hack Twilight just doesnt make up for it.

:cry: :cry: Damn you for mentioning it.... Now I have to go watch that episode again

Full Metal Alchemist -- that episode with the Nina-Alexander chimera "Ed...ward"... and then Scar .... :cry:

Sun Apr 10, 2005 6:37 pm

Azumanga Daioh - When Sakaki had to leave the Iroimote mountain cat behind.

Half of the Ah! Megami Sama movie.

Gungrave - When Bunji 'died' (but not really cause you see him later in the reflection of some glasses and then he shows up in Gungrave Overdose.)

Gundam SEED - When Nicol got killed, When Mwu got killed (perhaps not...?)

Sun Apr 10, 2005 10:14 pm

Runevalkyrie wrote:Image

:cry: !!!!!

Christopher wrote:Gungrave - When Bunji 'died'

I forgot about Gungrave. That entire series is tragic.

Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:54 am

Jim wrote:
Runevalkyrie wrote:Image

:cry: !!!!!

Just remember it's happy and *sniffle* frolicking in Grunty Heaven :cry:

Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:27 pm

Runevalkyrie wrote:Full Metal Alchemist -- that episode with the Nina-Alexander chimera "Ed...ward"...

I watched that yesterday morning... it had me crying practically all day. :cry: So very sad.

Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:54 pm

I think the saddest scene in FMA was Hughes funeral. I mean, they killed Hughes T__T

Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:40 pm

I felt sad when Ash got pikachu... because Ash was in for a world of painnnnn.
Topic locked