Know your Gundams from your Evas? Your Chobits from your .hack? Think Boba is the best thing since Pocky? You're not alone. Enter!
Topic locked

Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:08 pm

I started crying when Haku got poisoned with that seal thingy in Spirited Away (Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi! :D)...

Shoyru_Lover wrote:I felt sad when Ash got pikachu... because Ash was in for a world of painnnnn.

And SL prevails again with funny quotes!

Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:00 pm

Shoyru_Lover wrote:I felt sad when Ash got pikachu... because Ash was in for a world of painnnnn.

I would say it's sad because it started an adventure that never seems to end and will never end... XP

Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:04 pm

There have been so many beacause IHave so many anime and am a very sypathetic person. Here are the ones I can think of off the top of my head:

+When the senshi came back to cheer up Usagi after they died at the end of the first season of Sailormoon

+When Sailoruranus and Sailorneptune died in Sailorstars

+When the senshi turned back to fight Ii Shenron one last time after
Vejiita made them flee, even though they knew they couldn't win
(in original Japanese, not the emotionless dub rubbish)

+Each time one of the Suzaku seishi died in Fuushigi Yuugi, especially
Chiriko and Mitsukake

+Throughout the end of the Violinist of Hamel *shakes fist* Why couldn't
you continue animating it? Why? :x

Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:58 pm

The end of Azumanga where they all head their own ways... :(

Sun Apr 17, 2005 12:29 am

I just watched the episode where Mwu died in Gundam SEED...It was soooo sad.

The Nina Chimera thing with Ed in FMA, as well as Ed having to remember it when he meets Nina's father again and finds out he's trying to recreate her.

In GundamW, where Quatre's father dies and then Quatre goes semi-insane...That was sad too.

Sun Apr 17, 2005 8:39 pm

watericesage wrote:The end of Azumanga where they all head their own ways... :(

*cries* I haven't even SEEN it, but it sounds saaad. (Did Chiyo gradulate with them too?!)

Sun Apr 17, 2005 9:25 pm

Wolf's Rain : Toboe smothers the woman that took care of him as a pup.
Saikano : There are so many parts of that series that made my heart ache. I think I actually cried at the end of the series and when Chise was telling the soliders to kill her before she destroyed another city.

Sun Apr 17, 2005 9:31 pm

It's been a while since I've really watched any anime, but....

Episode 33 of Fushigi Yuugi. Also, later episodes where others die.

The last two-three episodes of Rose of Versailles. I knew it was coming but, man was it hard.

The last episode of Escaflowne. Not because anyone died, but because it was over, and Hitomi was leaving.

Boys over Flowers for just about any episode. Later volumes of the manga really get to you, too.

Full Moon wo smurf has many episodes that are just so sad and hard to watch.

Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:44 am

I guess the saddest anime scene... Was in Naruto, when Haku and Zabuza died. Even though they were villians, they both seemed good to me in the end.

Another was in FMA when Ed lost his arm and leg. It's not as sad as the naruto thing though...
Last edited by Whisp on Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:47 am

I don't know why, but I've thinking about it, and I think the Sakura and Ino fight in Naruto was really sad. I have a strange opinion on sad things I guess. But it just seemed so fighting that they fought. They seemed such good friends as children, it was all very sad. :(

In Full Metal Alchemist when Al hits Ed...oh boy, that was devistating. I never thought Al would ever hit him!

I get upset too easily when watching anime.

Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:44 am

The saddest anime scene I can think of is probably in Outlaw Star when Harry MacDougall dies. And then he comes back, barely alive with his robot body all teared up and barely functioning, and his voice is all robotic and fizzing with static, and he says something to Gene like "Gene.. ask Melfina to sing.. her song for you.." or something of that accord. It was so sad. I cried.

Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:36 pm

'Bang' really takes the cake for being sad. Though the ending of AIR TV could definitely compare. As could the end of Serial Experiments Lain, as could the ending of Evangelion, As could the end of Grave of The Fireflies.

Is it just me, or are a lot of anime endings sad? o_O

Thu May 05, 2005 8:36 pm

I just watched the end of Chrno Crusade. I cried so hard, I nearly wept :cry:

Wed May 18, 2005 5:13 pm

In Hikago when Sai dissapeared, Hikaru was so deppresed and it was kinda sad... =/

Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:53 pm

Skillet wrote:The saddest anime scene I can think of is probably in Outlaw Star when Harry MacDougall dies. And then he comes back, barely alive with his robot body all teared up and barely functioning, and his voice is all robotic and fizzing with static, and he says something to Gene like "Gene.. ask Melfina to sing.. her song for you.." or something of that accord. It was so sad. I cried.

forgot about that one...

also (as said before) Cowboy Bebop deaths and FMA Nina-Alexander...

Finally, slightly off topic, the end of Kazumi/Iggy in Initial D Manga... that was tough, especially for an action book about street racing.
Topic locked