Know your Gundams from your Evas? Your Chobits from your .hack? Think Boba is the best thing since Pocky? You're not alone. Enter!
Topic locked

Re: Saddest Anime Scenes ever

Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:38 am

For me it would have to be these 4 anime scenes.

- When Ash was turned to stone in the first Pokemon movie.

- Spike's death in Cowboy Bebop.

- When Leomon Jeri's partner in Digimon Tamers is killed and is data absorbed by Beelzemon.

- Goku's goodbye in DBGT.

Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:48 pm

Oh yes, Hughes' funeral in FMA was definitely one of the saddest moments for me.

And I guess no one else here has gotten this far in One PIece yet (probably because the 4kids dub utterly ruined it, please please don't judge it by that dub alone!), but the Enies Lobby arc had moments that tore my heart out and stomped it flat. Specifically:

Usopp's fight with Luffy, and Nico Robin's back story.

Had me literally in tears. :cry: Had to stop watching for a little bit just to pull myself together.

Thu May 01, 2008 4:43 pm

:cry: :cry: :cry: compared to all your sad anime scenes, mine is probably absolutely happy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtDo9ZVX ... re=related
That's an AMV of it :> I don't know why but it's really... sad... to me

Fri May 02, 2008 3:50 am

And I guess no one else here has gotten this far in One PIece yet (probably because the 4kids dub utterly ruined it, please please don't judge it by that dub alone!), but the Enies Lobby arc had moments that tore my heart out and stomped it flat. Specifically:

Usopp's fight with Luffy, and Nico Robin's back story.

Had me literally in tears. :cry: Had to stop watching for a little bit just to pull myself together.

This is exactly what I was gonna post, heh! Water 7/Enies Lobby is one of the most powerful arcs so far, comparable to the Arlong arc. I was tearing up, too, especially after I was thinking (spoilers: eps 234-278)

They've built up Robin's backstory so much, and have been hinting about it for so long, there's no way it'll live up to the pressure. But, man..
"Are you my mother?"
"Dereshishishi.. Dereshishishi.." :cry:

Usopp's story too, from the fight and fallout with the Straw Hats to Franky showing him the extent of Merry's damage. But after all that, he springs right back as Sogeking. He's such an awesome character <3

Thu May 15, 2008 12:25 am

I just finished a totally underrated anime called Jyu Oh Sei, and the last half of the last episode was so *brutal*. It was one of those endings where things got kind of rushed, but regardless it was sad. It kind of left you wanting to smile and cry at the same time.

Fri May 16, 2008 1:46 am

Rakumel wrote:Oh yes, Hughes' funeral in FMA was definitely one of the saddest moments for me.

DON'T GO THERE.

The Rukia/Kaien story in Bleach is also kind of sad (she only helped Ichigo out because she thought he could be Kaien reincarnate...or something similar).

Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:48 am

gijinkagato wrote:
They've built up Robin's backstory so much, and have been hinting about it for so long, there's no way it'll live up to the pressure. But, man..
"Are you my mother?"
"Dereshishishi.. Dereshishishi.." :cry:

Usopp's story too, from the fight and fallout with the Straw Hats to Franky showing him the extent of Merry's damage. But after all that, he springs right back as Sogeking. He's such an awesome character <3

"There's no such thing as being in this world to be alone!" Poor Saul. :cry:

I love Usopp leik WHOA. <3 <3 Well, the whole crew, really, but...yeah, I just seem to be a little extra crazy about him. When I saw this thing for sale, I had a little fangirly squeefit. Sogeking is the BOMB.

DON'T GO THERE.

......sorry? :cry:

Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:25 pm

Rakumel wrote:
DON'T GO THERE.

......sorry? :cry:

It's okay. It just reminds me of how in the manga...
...Bradley was shaking in anger that Hughes' daughter was making such a racket. That and it was just plain sad.

Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:05 am

Hmmm. Now that I've watched most of Death Note, I think episode 25 ranks as preeeeetty sad. The rain scene is just like.. IT GOT TO ME RIGHT HERE MAN. *puts hand to heart* D:

Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:04 pm

In Amon- Apocalypse of Devilman

When Akira finds Miki dead, and pretty much mopes around in his little room. :P

Or in Devilman: The Demon Bird

When Akira is forced to kill his mum, when she had been consumed by a demon.

Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:54 pm

Cowboy Bebop. Hands down.
Topic locked