Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 6:11 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Otakon 2005 Upate: we're back!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:01 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

For those who don't know the Otakon(short for Otaku Convention) is a convention that is held at the Baltimore Harbor Convention Center each summer. Some questions that I have are:

1. Are you going, if not why(not enough money, doesn't interest you etc.)

2. Are you cosplaying, if so as who?

3. How did you find out about the Otakon?

I am going and will be cosplaying. I'll be going as Yoh Asakura(the casual clothing not the tournament one, black would get too hot), my sister will be going as Horo Horo(I'll give you three guesses as to what her name is here and the first two don't count) in his tournament team outfit, my mom is goin as manta(yes my mom is cosplaying) and my sisters friend kagami is going as Ren(pronounced Len in japanese and english but spelld with an r in japan). I actually found out about it after some friends I see in the summer came back from it, one of them with a King Dedede plushie, and told us all about it, this will be my second year down there and my siters third.

I thought this would be a nice way to maybe look for some people I know here down there.

Interesting tidbit the guy who runs the Kon was originally from Berks County PA afriend of mine knows his father.

Last edited by DracolordII on Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Otakon 2005
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:17 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

DracolordII wrote:
For those who don't know the Otakon(short for Otaku Convention) is a convention that is held at the Baltimore Harbor Convention Center each summer. Some questions that I have are:

1. Are you going, if not why(not enough money, doesn't interest you etc.)

2. Are you cosplaying, if so as who?

3. How did you find out about the Otakon?

I am going and will be cosplaying. I'll be going as Yoh Asakura(the casual clothing not the tournament one, black would get too hot), my sister will be going as Horo Horo(I'll give you three guesses as to what her name is here and the first two don't count) in his tournament team outfit, my mom is goin as manta(yes my mom is cosplaying) and my sisters friend kagami is going as Ren(pronounced Len in japanese and english but spelld with an r in japan). I actually found out about it after some friends I see in the summer came back from it, one of them with a King Dedede plushie, and told us all about it, this will be my second year down there and my siters third.

I thought this would be a nice way to maybe look for some people I know here down there.

Interesting tidbit the guy who runs the Kon was originally from Berks County PA afriend of mine knows his father.

Oh man...It's my life's goal to go to Otakon eventually. Unfortunately, I live in Ohio. There's a convention in Pittsburgh somewhere, so my friend S-chan, my little brother and myself will probably go to that at some point. My brother and I are going as Ren and Jun Tao, and we're trying to convince my mom to go as Ran x)

You have to get some pictures of you cosplaying Yoh so I can see!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:58 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

don't worry, we're definitely going to get pictures, and I know how much you love Yoh so I'll make sure to post some pictures when we get back, we'll be going down on tthe thursday be fore and coming back the monday after so we'll be there for about five days, we're also going to see System of a Down while we're there

By the way, this is a great place to see anime before it is in the US, last year we saw a fansub of Kyo Karo Mao, and now we have the first dvd but watch it subbed because the dub stinks, especially Conrart(or Conrad if you prefer)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:21 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Location: New Jersey. The state we love to hate and hate to love.
Like Ammy, it is my goal to go to Otakon one year. (Probably the year of my high school graduation as a little graduation/birthday present to myself.) But unfortunetly, I live in Jersey,and I don't have enough money and I highly doubt I can convince my mother to lend me some money so I could go. :P (Oh, soon I shall get a job and save up for Otakon! *dramatic music*)

Anyway, if I were to go, I'd cosplay as Kakashi...which is very obvious. Heh heh. So you're going as Yoh, eh? That's amazingly cool, I want to see pictures! :)

Erm, how did I find out about Otakon? Web comics, online friends, forums, random livejournals...basically everything on the internet.

Well have, be safe, take lots of pictures, make it the time of your life and come home with lots of memories! ^__^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:59 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Seesh...the one year I'm NOT going, another PPTer decides to go. :P

I went to the past two Otakons with my boyfriend but this year the plans kinda fell apart. I've never cosplayed as anyone...but I have sent an AMV. I sent one in this year as well. I first heard about it through my boyfriend's brother. He went to Shoujocon three years ago (I think) and came back with a CD containing the fan-parody "This Is Otakudom" which features a trip to Otakon (if you haven't seen it, please do. It's hilarious). In 2003, his family decided to go and they were nice enough to let me come along.

Maybe next year. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:06 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

You sent in an AMV, thats cool. What is the title so I know which is yours.

Oh and AFI_Sorrow i'll make sure to get pictures of Kakashi cosplayers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:21 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Location: New Jersey. The state we love to hate and hate to love.
DracolordII wrote:

Yay! Thanks. :) I have a feeling that if and when I go to Otakon, I'll be stalking my fellow Kakashi cosplayers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:33 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

DracolordII wrote:

Mine is called "F L C AL".....FLCL to Paul Simon's "You Can Call Me Al"

The entries for the actual contest that you see Friday night haven't been decided on yet. I'm not expecting it to get into the actual contest. But it'll still be shown on the overflow tapes...don't know which one though.

My boyfriend is more likely to get in. He made the Eva Bebop one last year. This year he made a DDR-ish video featuring Osaka from Azumanga Daioh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:45 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I didn't check out your AMV, since I'm not familiar with FLCL. However, Waka Laka (for Osaka) was FANTASTIC. Go Scintilla! As was the Eva-Bebop one, and All for the Best. Yeah, went on a download spree. ^_^ I haven't dled a music video in ages. Now I'm going to be hooked again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:02 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Dude. I so wanna go to ANY Anime Convention. The one year I hear about Atlanta's, my cousin decides not to go. I shall beg her hard.

I wanna cosplay. :D I may cosplay as a Azumanga Daioh girl (probably Koyomi, since she has glasses, is tall and has brown hair...like moi.), but that's really the only one I can think of.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:17 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Cyanna wrote:
DracolordII wrote:

Mine is called "F L C AL".....FLCL to Paul Simon's "You Can Call Me Al"

The entries for the actual contest that you see Friday night haven't been decided on yet. I'm not expecting it to get into the actual contest. But it'll still be shown on the overflow tapes...don't know which one though.

My boyfriend is more likely to get in. He made the Eva Bebop one last year. This year he made a DDR-ish video featuring Osaka from Azumanga Daioh.

For anyone interested, I just got an update on this whole thing.

As of now...I made it to the finals but Scintilla did not.

I'm excited for myself and all but...grah this still bites! This is probably the LAST thing I would have expected. If I made it in, he'd be a total shoe-in! I was looking forward to competing in the same catagory with him too. :(

The "Official List" is supposed to be posted tomorrow. I'm crossing my fingers that some people who were left out will get added.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:41 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Well , it's too bad your boyfriend's amv didn't get in but congratulations on getting into the finals

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:49 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Congrats on making it to the finals, Cyanna! I'm planning on giving FLCL another try sometime soon, and once I do I'll watch your AMV. I'm rather surprised Waka Laka for Osaka didn't make it. It's wonderful, although that song gets stuck in my head for days at a time. (And my husband made the mistake of buying DDR Max 2, thinking it was on it...and it wasn't *cries*) But, don't worry too much about getting in without him. I'm sure Scintilla is ecstatic for you, and after all, there's always next year for you two to have to compete head-to-head. ^_^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:31 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Haha, perhaps you are getting better at this Cyanna?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:22 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Aaaaaand a 6th video was added in each catagory. We're both in! :D

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next