Know your Gundams from your Evas? Your Chobits from your .hack? Think Boba is the best thing since Pocky? You're not alone. Enter!
Topic locked

Shounen-ai/Yaoi?

Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:34 am

I hope this thread is allowed.. if not.. feel free to lock it. :P

Just curious if any shounen-ai/yaoi fans out there?
i am the one who love them.. i have all movies and mangas about it. <3

*has like 3500+ mangas full with so sweet romantic s-ai/yaoi stories* :oops:

what about you?
i know there is shounen-ai hinting on Prince of Tennis as well. ;)

Sun Oct 30, 2005 4:29 am

It's ok, I have Gravitation and Loveless, both very Shounen-Ai and cute.

Sun Oct 30, 2005 4:31 am

Christopher wrote:It's ok, I have Gravitation and Loveless, both very Shounen-Ai and cute.

yeah saw gravi but its alright.. :P
and i LOVE Loveless.. its so CUTE! :oops:

Sun Oct 30, 2005 4:53 pm

I'm more of a yuri/shoujo-ai girl myself. Makes my husband raise his eyebrow on occasion. ^_- I'm a bit to ga-ga over Haruka and Michiru and also Anthy and Utena. ^_^;

I haven't been exposed to much shounen-ai/yaoi yet. I mean, there's a bit hinted at in a few of the anime I watch, but nothing particularly blatant that I can recall at the moment or at least nothing that actually pans out. I have a few yaoi manga on my Amazon wishlist that I think sound good, and Gravitation was already on my list to view (and I didn't even know it was yaoi/shounen-ai...it's just an anime I hadn't seen yet and was supposed to be good.)

Sun Oct 30, 2005 4:54 pm

*is Gravitation addict* <3
I have all 12 volumes of the manga and I've seen all episodes of the anime and OVA. I can't find the Remixes though... and I'm not sure if I should read them :oops:

I'm currently working on a Cardcaptor Sakura doujinshi. It's not really shounen-ai, but there's going to be a shounen-ai-ish scene in it. Touya and Yukito are just so cute together! *squeal*

I know some people hate me for posting shounen-ai related InuYasha fanart on DeviantArt though... :(

Sun Oct 30, 2005 6:30 pm

tomatie wrote:*is Gravitation addict* <3
I have all 12 volumes of the manga and I've seen all episodes of the anime and OVA. I can't find the Remixes though... and I'm not sure if I should read them :oops:

I'm currently working on a Cardcaptor Sakura doujinshi. It's not really shounen-ai, but there's going to be a shounen-ai-ish scene in it. Touya and Yukito are just so cute together! *squeal*

I know some people hate me for posting shounen-ai related InuYasha fanart on DeviantArt though... :(

ooh you must read those remixes and MEGAmixes too.. they are so good. <3<3

ooh show me those pairing? *never seen them before but heard of that anime though* :battar:

aww i love s-ai inuyasha arts too. :oops:

Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:04 pm

I heard the MegaMixes are pretty... gross xP But someone in my doujinshi circle has read them, so maybe I can borrow hers. ^__^

CCS is great! It's an innocent shoujo/children's manga, but there are deeper meanings behind the cute story (for example the love between two girls or boys and a student and a teacher. I think that's why the American version of the anime got censored.)

Anyone read Fake? I have volume 1, but I don't really like the style... and the story seems pretty plotless to me :roll:

Edit:
<3

Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:11 pm

tomatie wrote:I heard the MegaMixes are pretty... gross xP But someone in my doujinshi circle has read them, so maybe I can borrow hers. ^__^

CCS is great! It's an innocent shoujo/children's manga, but there are deeper meanings behind the cute story (for example the love between two girls or boys and a student and a teacher. I think that's why the American version of the anime got censored.)

Anyone read Fake? I have volume 1, but I don't really like the style... and the story seems pretty plotless to me :roll:

Edit: *snip* <3<3<3

yeah true but so romantic.. :oops:
or i can send it over MSN/AIM if ya want me to. ^^

ah that sucks to be censored. :x

Oh yeaaaaaa i have! its so cuuuuuuuute and it has plot in rest of volumes.. trust me, read 2-7 volumes. :battar:

Edit: awwww that pic is SO CUTE and def. show something between them. :oops:

Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:45 am

Me!

I like shoujo-ai too. ^^ Somehow this little twist on the usual love story makes it cuter for me (I don't usually read/watch romance genre anime/manga).

But I have to admit, a lot of shounen-ai/shoujo-ai, and almost all yaoi/yuri have little to no plot. It's all just fanservice...not that this would keep me from reading it. xD

Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:20 am

Yep, I like it. Read quite a few yaoi fanfics, though I can't say I've ever read an actual manga for it.

Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:13 pm

Flame wrote:Yep, I like it. Read quite a few yaoi fanfics, though I can't say I've ever read an actual manga for it.

then try read mangas. :P

Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:19 pm

I like it. I only read a comic with some yaoi in it. ^^ I want to read more manga though. I haven't really been exposed to yuri except like Haruka and Michiru, too.

I think I'm more of a yaoi fan than a yuri one.

Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:39 pm

Sweet Pea wrote: I like it. I only read a comic with some yaoi in it. ^^ I want to read more manga though. I haven't really been exposed to yuri except like Haruka and Michiru, too.

I think I'm more of a yaoi fan than a yuri one.

i am 100% yaoi fan here and already counted my mangas up to 4000+ <3

Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:52 am

I prefer Shounen-ai.

Yaoi is nice but in most cases such unrealistic :roll:
And I don't really like that popular Uke-Seme-Scenario... give me Uke-Uke :)

My fave is Little butterfly from Hinako Takanaga... someone here who know it?

Sun Nov 13, 2005 5:57 am

You know, it's a bit odd but I seem to more often slash characters together from series that are not yaoi, or in which they are not a couple, than to read/watch real yaoi in which the characters are officially a couple. xD I wonder why? (This applies to heterosexual pairings too.) I guess it's because I'm not a fan of romance, in general, and so I'm more attached to shows/manga with a plot separate from the romance.

Ah, well, this is why we have doujin/fanfics, right? ^__^ And besides, a lot of series have deliberately slashy/subtexty stuff...*cough*deathnotenarutogundamsouseinoaquarion...etc...*cough*
Topic locked