Know your Gundams from your Evas? Your Chobits from your .hack? Think Boba is the best thing since Pocky? You're not alone. Enter!
Topic locked

Fri Dec 30, 2005 9:12 am

Yaoi...well, never thought I'd see this on PPT

Tch, I'm a yaoi writer, maybe even an addict. I'm not really sure.

I pair people up from series that are normal series...and I pair people up on TV. Hell, I even want to push some of my classmates together. +nods+ yeah, it's an addiction. But oh well, I'm happy.

Honestly though, I prefer to write my own characters and stuff, because most(not all) fics out there, unless they are AU, people tend to write the characters well...wrong. Like...I'm sitting there going 'There is no f-ing way he'd say that! Or...what the hell...he wouldn't do that!' Ah well.

Sat Dec 31, 2005 3:59 am

Anime_Queen wrote:Yaoi...well, never thought I'd see this on PPT

Tch, I'm a yaoi writer, maybe even an addict. I'm not really sure.

I pair people up from series that are normal series...and I pair people up on TV. Hell, I even want to push some of my classmates together. +nods+ yeah, it's an addiction. But oh well, I'm happy.

Honestly though, I prefer to write my own characters and stuff, because most(not all) fics out there, unless they are AU, people tend to write the characters well...wrong. Like...I'm sitting there going 'There is no f-ing way he'd say that! Or...what the hell...he wouldn't do that!' Ah well.

Oh! Someone just like me, yay! Except I don't write yaoi/shounen-ai, I'm just not creative. If you gave me a piece of paper, a pen and told me to write a creative short-story, being a life-or-death situation, I'd just say, "Just pull the trigger now." Or something along those lines.

Sat Dec 31, 2005 7:22 pm

Heheh, I pair classmates up too x"3 and I can't write either. A fanfic written by me would be like
Char 1: *walks into bar and sees char 2*
Char 2: hi
Char 1: hey
Char 2: I'm gay lol
Char 1: LOL! I'm bi! Wanna date?
Char2: k lol XD

So I just stick to fanart. :oops:

Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:14 am

Yeah...I couldn't draw to save my life. I can doodle though...little chibis and stuff. But I mostly stick to writing.

So yeah, if anyone wants to read something...or has an idea (after thirty something stories I'm running out) I'd like to know. ^___^

Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:27 am

tomatie wrote:Anyone read Fake? I have volume 1, but I don't really like the style... and the story seems pretty plotless to me :roll:

I've read through book 6 in FAKE. The artwork gets progressively better as the series progresses. It's good if you want a gay love story with a small background plot.
The last book just gets raunchy. I found scans after I bought the first book (and had no clue it got that hardcore). Let's just leave it at :o

Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:48 am

Speaking of shounen-ai/yaoi:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=8669

Biblos, which was the publisher of Fake and many other shounen-ai/yaoi titles has gone bankrupt and is ceasing all operations.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=8672 <-- follow up article from the US side of things.

Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:27 pm

Oh goodness, I get so excited when our local bookstore gets a new yaoi in. My current obsession is Yellow... Whooo, those boys are beautiful. :]] And I think the third volume is in the mail for me right now... I can't wait!!

One you should read is definitely La Esperanca... It's really sweet. Same with Only the Ring Finger Knows. It's only one issue but the end left me feeling so warm and fuzzy and all emotional! @_@

One you should also read if you're looking for a more... mature... one, would be Desire. Oh man. Just wow. It's beautiful and really.. really.. hot. xD

Another one with pointless, plotless lovin' would be Shinobu Kokoro. I found that in the bookstore the other week and I was so excited! And then my choir teacher happened to show up and she asked what I was reading... <_<... "Nothiiiing..."

Sat May 20, 2006 1:57 pm

I don't tend to read much manga because it hurts my eyes, but I do like Yaoi. Ai No Kusabi and Boku No Sexual Harrassment are my favourites, though there are a few others out there that are okay.
Topic locked