Know your Gundams from your Evas? Your Chobits from your .hack? Think Boba is the best thing since Pocky? You're not alone. Enter!
Topic locked

Kakurenbo: Hide & Seek

Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:51 pm

ICv2 wrote:CPM's Kakurenbo on Adult Swim
For Halloween

October 10, 2005
Central Park Media has announced that its award-winning computer-generated science fiction/horror anime Kakurenbo: Hide & Seek will air just in time for Halloween as part of the Adult Swim Halloween Special on Saturday, October 29 at midnight (ET, PT) between episodes of Full Metal Alchemist and Samurai Champloo.

The 25-minute Kakurenbo: Hide & Seek is a gritty, gothic story that has won numerous awards including Best Short Film at the Fantasia International Film Festival and the Exemplary Production Award at the Tokyo Anime Fair.

Has anyone else here besides me seen it?

I thought it was great.

Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:31 pm

I thought it was really good for a self-contained story, I didn't mind the length of it at all (I don't get that impression with a lot of "short" anime that I've seen.) It would be interesting if they did some further stories in that universe, it seems to open a lot of possbilities.

Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:06 am

We saw it at the Otakon this summer, personally I love it. And now we also have the dvd so we can watch it whenever we want

Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:24 pm

It looked interesting and spooky. X3 I didn't watch it though because it was getting late.

So it's a short movie, not a series? Hmm, I assume it was a new series on Adult Swim.

Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:50 am

Sweet Pea wrote:So it's a short movie, not a series?

Yes; the former.

Sweet Pea wrote:Hmm, I assume it was a new series on Adult Swim.

So did I.

Anyways, it's out on DVD, for anyone interested:
[ Click Here ]
Topic locked