Know your Gundams from your Evas? Your Chobits from your .hack? Think Boba is the best thing since Pocky? You're not alone. Enter!
Topic locked

Death Note

Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:19 am

I just bough this manga and i find it really good..the begining is a bit weird how ever...the kid is killing every1 cuz he got bored?? really captures the thoughts of a japanese teenager doesnt it? :evil:

Sun Dec 04, 2005 12:37 am

:o

Death Note = <3

How is the beginning weird? It's fantastic!

Psychotic = also <3

Anyway, as you read further and further on, the level of psychotism and crazy intellect grows higher and higher ... ^^;

Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:25 am

It's not that he's killing everyone just because he's bored, in Raito's twisted little mind he's making the world a better place by killing everyone because he's bored. I think it's more because Raito's so smart that everything is within his grasp makes it more intriguing especially when the results of the boredom picks up when it becomes between him and L, fun stuff ensues :D

Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:31 am

ok...but i am enjoying it so far...intend to keep reading it and enjoying it!! ;)

Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:44 am

Hmmm...This sounds very interesting! I think I'll have to check it out....

Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:15 am

Sounds awesome, I'll buy it when I gets the money. My gf already hates me for having so many violent things(video games, mangas, dvds etc) but forget her :P

Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:18 am

funny... I haven't read this, but I saw a description of a parody called Deaf Note, written by Albert Einstein, drawn by Isaac Newton. If you write a person's shoe size while you visualize the, they go deaf.

Sounds even more psychotic than Death Note.

Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:31 pm

Tested wrote:funny... I haven't read this, but I saw a description of a parody called Deaf Note, written by Albert Einstein, drawn by Isaac Newton. If you write a person's shoe size while you visualize the, they go deaf.

Sounds even more psychotic than Death Note.

wow!!..thats very..very..very .. *trails off*

anywho..i go volume 2 of death note..freaking awesome! that twist with the fiancee coming in was good..but if she dies its gonna be a waste..also, sorry to say this but L looks to queer!

Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:57 pm

Started reading this very recently, and I absolutely LOVE it. Everything's just so intricately interwoven, it's like if Raito makes one little move he's going to chain react a ton of other big events into happening. Amazing. I can't stop reading!

Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:32 am

Yes, the whole thing is kind of an abstract concept. ^^; Although there is more to it than that, of course...

Oh, my friend told me that they were going to make a live-action movie out of Death Note. The same people who made Godzilla, I think? That'll be very....um...interesting, lol.

Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:43 am

I think that would be pretty boring, since there will be too much dialog.
The last I read was chapter 95. A warning to L's fans, don't love him too much or you'll be sorry. :evil:

Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:47 am

But Kaga (Iron Chef) is playing Raito's father.... so the movies have to be good :P It worries be how they'll condensing between the two movies (the first movie going through to Yotsuba murders and the second movie closes the first arc with .... yeah T_T)

Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:02 am

o_O

Death Note is a MANGA?? wow, i thought it was some funny goth thing. well, that's not too good. so then it turns out my friend is not a goth, and instead reads a manga. gah. i hope it's a good manga, since i'll never acquire a copy

Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:17 am

there's a movie death note 1 that's released july or june... kinda forget, and death note 2 is going to be released this november... anyone watched the first?

well the 2nd one is about "raito's plan to retake his book"

Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:13 am

Deathnote is fantastic.
Topic locked