Know your Gundams from your Evas? Your Chobits from your .hack? Think Boba is the best thing since Pocky? You're not alone. Enter!
Topic locked

Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:52 am

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/4904 ... otehf1.jpg
Death Note animeOctober 3rd!

Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:00 am

I have only scanned through it once at a convnience store (Seicomart).
I'm not sure, but didn't the author recently get arrested for carrying a gun or something?

Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:27 am

Runevalkyrie wrote:http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/4904 ... otehf1.jpg
Death Note animeOctober 3rd!

Zomg :o Yay!

Hm, it looks better than how I imagined it could've been (I have this thing about anime usually having poorer-quality art than their manga xP.)

Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:31 am

From what I've heard from the Weekly Jump translations, Madhouse is doing the animation so I'm sure it's going to be a pretty good quality. ^_^

Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:15 pm

"tsukai kata

kono no-to ni namae o kakareta ningen wa shinu"

I watched the anime, the opening is kinda... odd, there is 3d effect in the death god world, the anime pic quality is good, but the feeling is gloomy (not sure if I picked the right term), the music is not quite match, perhaps I compared too much with anime "monster"

there is some stuff different with the manga, for example, the bike person killed at the street (the second "victim"

Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:49 am

I looooooooooooove Death Note! I just found it about a month ago through my friend Chris. He's OBSESSED, haha. I've only read the manga, not seen the anime or anything else.

Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:09 am

I just watched the first episode. WOW. Animation is spectacular, especially that montage of Raito killing all the people....I drooled.

I don't like Ryuk's voice, though....They should have gotten whoever did Greed in Fullmetal Alchemist....

Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:59 pm

Its the same va/seiyu with the one in the movie

Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:03 pm

apranum wrote:Its the same va/seiyu with the one in the movie

I know that, I just don't like his voice :P I never imagined Ryuk sounding that....old-ish. I always thought he'd have a smoother voice, if that makes any sense....

Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:16 am

Just watched the movie, it was good, it has different story (slightly) compared to anime/manga

Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:26 pm

My friend got me hooked on the manga.... Ryuk=creepy (he looks kinda like a clown, and I strongly dislike clowns) But other than that, I love it!

Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:40 pm

wow, death note is amazing. i've never read the manga carefully but i follow the anime subs on youtube :) i think ryuk is hilarious...there's also a live person movie, the plot is sorta altered.

light is stupid xD

Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:32 am

Light is completely insane. He honestly is... and Ryuk is creepy.

Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:24 pm

I haven't readthe manga, but I've seen the anime

Instant DN love! Best best best

<3 <3 <3

Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:21 pm

I want a Ryuk plushie!! No, scratch that--I want a pet Shinigami!! lol
Topic locked