Know your Gundams from your Evas? Your Chobits from your .hack? Think Boba is the best thing since Pocky? You're not alone. Enter!
Topic locked

An Anime about Bread?

Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:12 pm

I'm not a huge fan of Anime, and I don't watch it much (except for the heavily Americanized ones like Pokemon and Yu-gi-oh), but someone showed me this interesting one awhile ago about people who work in a bakery and the problems they run into. I think the bakery was called Pantasia. It was pretty good, and I was amazed how many different plots the writers could make out of bread. Anyway, has anyone else seen this before? I kind of liked it, and I'd like to know where I can see the other episodes. (I saw about 10 of them).

Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:42 pm

For some reason that sounds really familiar. Could it be "Yakitate!! Japan"?. Gathering it from removed, I found the following description of the series.

Azuma Kazuma is a young bakery worker. He has a dream that he will make Japanese bread, "Ja-pan", which will be better than any other bread in Japan. He has "palms of sun", which are much warmer palms than those of normal people, and they are useful for making bread. With his "palms of sun" and creative ideas, he will beat rivals who will appear one after another.

It sounds cute!. Is that what you're talking about?. If so then there's your answer.
If this is illegal, I'd appreciate the Mods alerting me and removing it. Not to promote the site or anything, as I do not own it, I use it frequently. You can view a ton of anime online download-free. No saving, or anything. It just requires a fast connection and maybe a decent computer as it just buffers the entire way. It's kind of like how most local radio stations are now offering it online to be delivered to your computer so you can have it anywhere. That's how I get all my anime anyways.

And.. When I say download-free I meant.. You don't download anything. At all. Just wanted to clear myself up twice to make sure I'm not breaking any rules. That link that I posted earlier is straight to that anime I was talking about. You'll see the episode numbers underneath description.

removed - Starting point

Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:34 am

Dusket wrote:For some reason that sounds really familiar. Could it be "Yakitate!! Japan"?. Gathering it from removed, I found the following description of the series.

Azuma Kazuma is a young bakery worker. He has a dream that he will make Japanese bread, "Ja-pan", which will be better than any other bread in Japan. He has "palms of sun", which are much warmer palms than those of normal people, and they are useful for making bread. With his "palms of sun" and creative ideas, he will beat rivals who will appear one after another.

It sounds cute!. Is that what you're talking about?. If so then there's your answer.
If this is illegal, I'd appreciate the Mods alerting me and removing it. Not to promote the site or anything, as I do not own it, I use it frequently. You can view a ton of anime online download-free. No saving, or anything. It just requires a fast connection and maybe a decent computer as it just buffers the entire way. It's kind of like how most local radio stations are now offering it online to be delivered to your computer so you can have it anywhere. That's how I get all my anime anyways.

And.. When I say download-free I meant.. You don't download anything. At all. Just wanted to clear myself up twice to make sure I'm not breaking any rules. That link that I posted earlier is straight to that anime I was talking about. You'll see the episode numbers underneath description.

removed - Starting point

Yeah, that's the one. I was amazed that they could make so many plots out of bread. BREAD!!!

Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:48 am

I'm currently watching, up to episdoe 26 so far.

Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:22 am

It's awesome! The manga has reached chap 150 (vol 16?) and the story keeps getting interesting :P

Mon May 22, 2006 1:21 pm

The late Azuma Kazuma with his comrades... Manager Ken, Kyousuke Kawachi, Tsukino, (maybe that's d speling...) and the 'third gender' person that's VERY SUPERSONIC fast.

I watch it... at the television. They're currently airing mondays-fridays, afternoon on our country :D

the episode i just watch this day... Azuma used his secret hollow block or something so he can beat suwabara kai...

Mon May 22, 2006 3:52 pm

Aw, that series is great, but when I saw the post I raised my eyebrow and thought, "Wha!?!? More Kogepan? Yay!"

hi

Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:33 am

Chobits has something to do with a bakery. Chi has to work at a bakery.
Topic locked