Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 8:50 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Best Anime Moments
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:48 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Aha. There's one for the saddest, why not the best? If there's already one, forgive me.

For me, that would be Ojamajo Doremi Na-i-sho! 01 (A Messed Up Cycling Trip - The Boys Secret). Allow me to type out the subtitles:

Doremi: This incident started one week ago.
*scene shows a stack of report cards*
Seki-Sensei: Next one is Harukaze Doremi.
*scene shows Doremi standing up quickly, and Momoko is leaning back in her chair, mouth open (she probably got bad grades. Poor Momo-Chan!)*
Doremi: H-Here!
Doremi's Mother: Doremi! If your grades improve, we can have steak!
Doremi: If my grades have improved...we are having steak tonight!
*Doremi walks to Seki-Sensei*
Doremi: We are having steak tonight! Steak...steak...
*shows scene of two cows, one moos*
Seki-Sensei: Here you go.
Doremi: Thank you.
Doremi's Mother: If your grades improve...
Doremi: We are having steak tonight!
*scene shows two cows, with their backs to the screen, and it then shatters*
Doremi: *a splodes* *falls on floor*
Seki-Sensei: H-Harukaze?
Doremi: My grades slipped...
Seki-Sensei: Harukaze, are you alright?
Doremi: Sensei! I beg you!
Kotake: What is it, Dojimi?! Did you get a "try harder" in every subject?!
Doremi: KOTAKE!!!!! My...my...my steak!
Seki-Sensei: *grabs a hold of Doremi* Even though I don't understand what's going on...but you'll have to try harder next semester, Harukaze.
Doremi: *groans* Yes ma'am.

Absolutely the best scene ever.

EDIT - ZOMG. How can I forget? Now, let's see if I can get this right. Motto! Ojamajo Doremi 101 (Doremi's Stormy New School Year)

I cannot describe it's amazingness (and the funniness). :o

Last edited by DM was on fire! on Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:15 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Los Osos, CA, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
None of my favorites would qualify for a 'best' title, which is kind of relative anyway. I'll just go through my favorite scenes/moments/episodes and let history judge for itself (Note: I treat the word 'anime' as a relative term as well). I will try to keep spoilers to a minimum, but they will be in there.

Evangelion episode 24. Period.
Evangelion episode 9 - It is too funny, and the fight is pricelessly cool.
The second half of Riley Wuz Here on Boondocks - It had beautiful art, good music, a touching theme, a car chase, a battle with the cops, and a sad ending.
Heero telling off all the students at school when he reaches space on Gundam Wing - He gives a long speech insulting their way of life and is only stopped when the teacher cuts him off.
The last scene of episode 1 of Gundam Wing - Relena invites Heero to her party. Heero rips up the invite and ends with a simple 'omae o korosu'.
Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz when Heero takes the shot at base at the end of the movie. He was dared to do it! Roger that.
Tsukasa leaving The World at the end of .hack//Sign.
When Ash/Satoshi get killed in the fight between Mew and Mewtwo in the first Pokemon movie. I was so angry when he was brought back.
Galaxy Angel episode 17 - Milfie and Mint get kidnaped by a sentient tank. DiGi Charat characters cameo. It gets funnier as the episode goes on.
GP-01 vs GP-02 in Gundam 0083: Stardust Memories - It is my favorite giant robot battle. It blocks the beam saber with its foot!
The last battle in Cowboy Bebop. Best and saddest scene ever. No details will be given.

This is all I can think of right now. I hope this is what DM was looking for.

Set by Cukupan
Ohayo Nippon every Sunday at LW
I *heart* R
I'm on a boat like a boss

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:21 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Hmm....

FMA Episode...16? Fullmetal Vs. Flame. This was so obviously done for the fangirls that it's not even funny, but I don't care. Everything in the first 15 minutes or so of this episode is hillarious.

-tries to think of more FMA stuff- The scene where Graecia Hughes is going into labor is so funny.... Just the timing of the whole thing is incredible!

Graecia: -falls over-
Maes: What's wrong???
Graecia: Uma...Uma.... [Japanese for 'horse']
Maes: Horse???
Graecia: UMARERU! ['The baby is being born!']

Hmm....The post-second Yoh/Ren fight-argument in Shaman King was also pretty awesome....Especially when Ren starts poking Yoh with his hair x) In fact, there are a lot more really awesome Ren scenes....My particular favorite was in the dub (YES, dub -_-), where he was arguing with his three cousins who came to fight him for no reason. It was all about the honor of the family and everything, and would have been really boring had not some bright spark in charge of voice casting decided to give all of the Taos high-pitched British accents. I was lying on the floor laughing through the whole scene.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:43 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Amethyst- Flame vs. Fullmetal is Episode 13 :)

My favorite anime moments are also from FMA. Without giving too much away...

Episode 6: When Gracia goes into labor.
Episode 28: The flashbacks in general are pretty amusing and intense.
Episode 37: When Mustang's crew set Havoc up on a date with Armstrong's sister. Hilarious.

Plus any scene involving Hughes bubbling about his wife (Ep.5) or daughter is simply great.

:)

Oh yeah, Azumanga Daioh has many awesome, humorous scenes as well--whenever the male teacher (I don't remember his name) gawks at the high school girls, Chiyo's removable pigtails, and Tomo's various competitions are a few off the top of my head.

Awesome Set by Neko

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:14 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

stinkyllama wrote:
Episode 37: When Mustang's crew set Havoc up on a date with Armstrong's sister. Hilarious.

Oh gosh, how on earth did I forget that one? I had that picture of his facial expression as my desktop for weeks x)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:49 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Los Osos, CA, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
I was just realizing that with my ability to forget things and two others only focusing on FMA, that our list right now was limited. Then I realized I was listening to FLCL music. So here are my favorite FLCL moments (may contain spoilers):

The ending sequence - Love it, especially when Haruko beat the Vespa with the baseball bat.
The first time Naota and Haruko 'meet' - That is the funniest vehicular manslaughter scene ever. The slow motion. The Matrix moves. The 'cast commentary'. Best line (paraphrased): 'It's not Taro.' 'It's a good thing to, he would have become another statistic: death by motorbike.'
Either of the two manga-style scenes - Both are really brilliantly done.
The South Park-style scene - Perfect ripoff.
Anything with the Amarao - He is too cool. The eyebrows say.
The 'battle' in the fourth episode when Naota finally swings the bat.
The dad and Haruko doing the dead on perfect Lupin III recreation at the start of the fifth episode.
Kitsurubami's failed Seven of Nine joke in the fifth episode. (I wonder if it is different in the Japanese version since I'm too cheap to spend US$20 per disk for only two episodes a DVD)
The Haruko vs Amarao battle in the fifth episode.
The final battle and outcome in the sixth/final episode - Naota is awesome! I would love/kill to get poster of Naota's silhouette and the guitar.

Basically, I would love to say the whole show, but I know others would disagree/kill me if I did.

Set by Cukupan
Ohayo Nippon every Sunday at LW
I *heart* R
I'm on a boat like a boss

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:40 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
There's kinda too many to list, let alone remember.

When Brandon gets shot in the elevator (Gungrave)

The Kira/Athrun fight to the 'death' (Gundam SEED)

When Amaterasu consecutively annihilates a Kingdom Fleet (Starship Operators)

Shin going berserk mode on the navy (Gundam SEED Destiny)

Osaka with knife (Azumanga Daioh)

Any firing sequence in Gundam X (Gundam X - *uses moon microwave laser to carve big holes in planet*)

Tama-Chan stopping the sword (Love Hina)

New Zealand (Excel Saga)

Hyatt fountaining blood (Excel Saga)

Anything involving puchuus - The queen, the space fleet, the dancing (Excel Saga)

Nabeshin pulling a pair of machine guns out of his afro (Excel Saga)

The dating sim episode (Excel Saga)

Infact, all of Excel Saga.

All of End of Evangelion is a best moment as well :P

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]