Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:49 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Prince of Tennis
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:49 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I just needed to know what Prince Of Tennis is, and is it a good anime?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:10 am 
PPT God
PPT God

AnimeNewsNetwork wrote:
Echizen Ryoma is a young tennis prodigy who has won 4 consecutive tennis championships but who constantly lies in the shadow of his father, a former pro tennis player. He joins the Seishun Gakuen junior highschool, one of the best tennis schools in Japan, and there along with his teamates he learns to find his own type of tennis in an attempt to defeat his biggest obstacle of all: his father as well as himself.

And hell yes it's a good anime. I even think it's better than the manga xP My advice (as is with every anime)
would be to watch it in Japanese with English subtitles ^^;

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 1:37 pm 

Yes, it's a great anime. Interesting for tennis fans. Some question. Twist Serve? is it for REAL?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 6:42 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

neoxeno wrote:
Yes, it's a great anime. Interesting for tennis fans. Some question. Twist Serve? is it for REAL?

Yes, the twist serve is very much real. Andre Agassi hits his own variant that he likes to call the "American Twist."

Here's a website that teaches you how to hit one:

http://tennis.about.com/od/serve/l/aatwistserve.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 3:58 am 

Chanel wrote:
neoxeno wrote:

Yes, the twist serve is very much real. Andre Agassi hits his own variant that he likes to call the "American Twist."

Here's a website that teaches you how to hit one:

http://tennis.about.com/od/serve/l/aatwistserve.htm

Thanks Chanel. American Twist... Well. Just as expected.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 4:16 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

neoxeno wrote:

Actually, the tennis fan part of me rather dislikes Prince of Tennis. The one that enjoys character interaction (also known as the random filler episodes of PoT) rather likes it. Personally, I think it's about 100 episodes too long. But, I still liked it overall, even if I don't think it's a truly fantastic anime.

Now if you'll excuse me, I must get back to watching realtennis. ^_-

French Open = <3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:37 am 

Quote:
Made made Dane!

Ahh! Ryoma is such a cocky b*stard D:

Pardon the langauge but i'm afraid that there is no other way to describe him.

Prince of Tennis is a very interest type of sports anime.
Instead of your typical underdog student getting into a sport, immediately facing against a tough opponent, failing and then slowly achieving status to reach said opponent's level...
You start off with a child tennis prodigy: Echizen Ryoma. Small, cocky protagonist who can effortlessly play tennis as well as any pro (Taught by his legendary pro father of course). You watch him effortless get on his team, achieve cheerleaders, groupies and rivals who he does not even concider.

Fortunately, its as not as bad as it sounds. PoT is popular because of its different approach to the stereotypical sports anime outline. It later deals with issues such as friendship and teamwork as Echizen, with his team together aim to be National Champions.

Because of its unique approach, many fans have found it a turn off after watching the first episode. I suggest you have to watch at least 6 to really get into it. T_T
Its upsides include hilarious filler episodes that you can't miss (some fillers are just plan pointless though)

Though I still hate Ryoma, interaction with is team is one to look forward to. As for anime, Go for it! ^_^

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]