Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 7:40 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: What was that movie?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:28 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I know a lot of you hardcore anime fans would attack me with a giant fan for asking this but a while back I was flipping through the channels and saw the end of a movie. It was something like Tokyo BubbleGum 2139 or something like that. I'm sorry I'm being so vague about this but it was a while ago. Does know anything about it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:47 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
There are two series called Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo, one is 'Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040' which is newer, the older one being 'Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2032.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:05 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Thanks.
Can you tell me a little about it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:19 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
I've never watched the original which was two series of 8 episdoes, but one of the first anime I watched was 2040, with 26 episodes.

Essentially after a massive quake that demolish tokyo, the largest mega company called GENOM rushed in providing their artificial organic lifeforms called Boomers to rebuild and act as a labor class to humanity.

However now and then the Boomers go rogue and begin destroying everything assimilating all things electronic. The government and GENOM deny they even exist, but create the AD Police to fight them, but pretty much they can't stop them.

The Knight Sabers however, a vigilante group of four woman in powered suits fight and destroy the boomers while waging an underground war against GENOM and the corrupt govt.

The plot soon emerges and everything goes to hell with every single boomer going rogue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:25 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Thanks again. excellent reply.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:54 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

That anime sounds awesome o_0

I think my brother's seen it; I think I'll watch this when I've got the chance.

"I am a sly cat, I am a summer wind, I am birds in flight, I am the sun, I am the sea, I am me!"

Neo account: ginger23456

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:53 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Christopher wrote:
I've never watched the original which was two series of 8 episdoes, but one of the first anime I watched was 2040, with 26 episodes.

Essentially after a massive quake that demolish tokyo, the largest mega company called GENOM rushed in providing their artificial organic lifeforms called Boomers to rebuild and act as a labor class to humanity.

However now and then the Boomers go rogue and begin destroying everything assimilating all things electronic. The government and GENOM deny they even exist, but create the AD Police to fight them, but pretty much they can't stop them.

The Knight Sabers however, a vigilante group of four woman in powered suits fight and destroy the boomers while waging an underground war against GENOM and the corrupt govt.

The plot soon emerges and everything goes to hell with every single boomer going rogue.

... nothing to do with bubblegum, then? o_o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:47 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Japanese + English language = Unholy union.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]